WIKI: create account / edits

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
kl@us
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 20:55    Post subject: WIKI: create account / edits Reply with quote
hello guys,

i want to translate some articles in the wiki, but i can't create an account. I see only the log in screen.

What did i do wrong?

Thanks and bye

P.S. In the German Section I got no answer

Moderator note 09.02.21: This thread is likely going to get some overhaul; moved to Contributions Uploads and stickied for starters.
Sponsor
JamesBond007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem. Wanted to create a page for the Asus RT-N10+ router.
John Peterson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to create an account too.

Will you consider applying some of the spamfilter extensions that Wikipedia use[1] and enable account creation?
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't want an wiki account, but I suggest the following modification to the OpenDNS entry.
The idea is that this explains how to use DNS-O-Matic with multiple networks.

DDNS Service: Custom
DYNDNS Server: updates.dnsomatic.com
User Name: my_username@domain.com
Password: my_password
Host Name: my%20hostname%20as%20defined%20in%20my%20OpenDNS%20settings
URL: https://updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update?hostname=

Of course, you have to replace my_username@domain.com and my_password with your own data. I don't guarantee that %20 works as desired, so in doubt use hostnames without spaces.

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

AMDphreak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 22:36    Post subject: Account registration process needs a rethink Reply with quote
I submitted to the forum a request to have some spelling mistakes fixed in at least one wiki article (although there may be more of the same in other articles by the same person). This is the post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=694483#694483

Now, I can't really help the wiki, if I don't have an account, and I don't really have time and patience to figure out what this following statement, something I found in another thread about getting a wiki account, means:
"no, write to the shop team and markus or daniel will take care of creating/activating a account"
(source: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=654612&sid=9fd5b2d5b4da750888c18a9248e7efb0#654612 )

It is very inefficient to require people to submit wiki changes to the forum. That can be long and tedious if the changes aren't simple to describe.

You may want to have a better registration process for the Wiki. I'm strongly recommending a rethink. A comprehensive test form would be good. You do want to keep out the less educated people, since this is professional, but it should be easier and less of a manhunt to get to sign up. Most of the educated people are quite frankly introverted people (some of them much more than others).
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
just write to the shop team. they will create the wiki account 4 you if needed.
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Post the information you wish to add or change in a response in this thread, and someone can see if they will add it.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
hdd512
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to fix formatting, grammar and spelling on several articles. There are also a few that I want to do some major work on, such as the page for the WNR2000V2.

I am not just suggesting a few changes so I don't think using the forum would work that well.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
It aint going to happen another way. Why do you feel that the wiki article needs changing. You have been around for two weeks, and have two posts. Often people who have those credentials make changes that are not correct.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
hdd512
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are a number of reasons I think the WNR2000V2 Wiki page should be changed:

• It does not contain any hardware information.
  • It does not mention the bug with the LAN LED port 1 & 2 colors.
  • It does not link back to the forum thread for that router.
  • It does not mention the firmware size limit of 3,473,408 bytes.
  • It does not tell how to revert back to factory firmware.
  • I think it is written in a somewhat condescending tone.

As for my credentials, I don't have anything advanced, but I do have Comptia A+, Network+, and a Microsoft server 2003 cert. I have ordered Linux+ cert vouchers through my college and am wondering if they will ever give them to me (it has nearly been a year...)
I have also successfully installed DD-WRT on a WRT-54G v5.0, WNR2000v2, and a WNDR3700v2 without issue. I have spent a great deal of time reading through the forum and wiki, and continue to do so.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Post the information you wish to add or change in a response in this thread, and someone can see if they will add it.

Write the info you wish to add, and post it here. Unless the existing instructions are incorrect, they should not be changed.

hdd512
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want your opinion on something first.

Seeing that the WNR2000v3 is supported, but it is Atheros based (v2 is Broadcom), should the existing article be made to cover the v2 & v3, or should they be separate articles?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
hdd512 wrote:
I want your opinion on something first.

Seeing that the WNR2000v3 is supported, but it is Atheros based (v2 is Broadcom), should the existing article be made to cover the v2 & v3, or should they be separate articles?

Separate. People get very confused and don't read carefully...especially when it comes to different versions of the same router.

hdd512
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Attached to this post are two text files. You should be able to copy the text out of them and put it straight in the wiki.
hdd512
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf, have you seen my last post? Will you add that to the wiki?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Contributions Upload All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: