Change your 610n V2 into an E3000 - Amended

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 23:51    Post subject: Re: WRT610Nv2 to E3000, and back again? Reply with quote
noparking247 wrote:
Does anyone have the WRT610Nv2 CFE, and/or modded firmware?

I think I'd like to chicken out and revert back -- if possible Smile

files were in the original post but were deleted when I got temporarily banned Shocked

The cfe is easy.. get it from my ftp site. If necessary, I can post a modded firmware bin. I no longer have the original one, but it is not a big task to come up with another. Possibly another member already has it.

why if I may ask would you like to go back? are you having issues? there is no downside to converting a v2 into a 3000. At lease I have not found one..

what ever your issues are, plow 15962 on your 3000 (v2 convert) following the normal procedures (resets, etc)

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
It will sound stupid, but this is why I was debating going back -- http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=79373&highlight= -- essentially my Motorola 6120 modem would only talk 10/100 w/ E3000, but when it was a WRT610Nv2 it would talk Gig -- the blinking red light throws off the whole ensemble of the 42U rack in the basement Wink.

However, I did end up resetting to defaults, re-upping the stable fw, and upping config and it seems to be holding at a Gig.

If you've got the files it'd be nice, but don't kill yourself over it by any means.

Thank-you for your speedy response
evrycard
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the proper way to WinSCP the router? I can't login to the router to make the transfert??? Thxx
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
evrycard wrote:
What is the proper way to WinSCP the router? I can't login to the router to make the transfert??? Thxx

ssh needs to be enabled on the router, use the scp protocol in winscp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 22:17    Post subject: 610n_v2 (stock fw) ===> e3000 ? Reply with quote
Hi,

just to be sure:
can I do this conversion with the stock linksys fw on the V2 or do I have to flash dd-wrt onto it first?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 0:30    Post subject: Re: 610n_v2 (stock fw) ===> e3000 ? Reply with quote
gurbao wrote:
Hi,

just to be sure:
can I do this conversion with the stock linksys fw on the V2 or do I have to flash dd-wrt onto it first?

dd-wrt must be installed 1st (for the 610V2n do not flash the e3000 build prior to the convert process).

Stock firmware does not have ssh or telnet built in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:51    Post subject: e3000 cfe, but 610n bin Reply with quote
Hi,

Just performed the E3000 upgrade but loaded at the last step the 610n dd-wrt firmware by mistake (the unmodified one).
The 89 pin reset does not work so... do I still have the serial unbrick option or I just got myself a blue useless box?
And if the serial succeeds, which bin should i load?

Regards,
gynel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:11    Post subject: Re: WRT610Nv2 to E3000, and back again? Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
noparking247 wrote:
Does anyone have the WRT610Nv2 CFE, and/or modded firmware?

I think I'd like to chicken out and revert back -- if possible Smile

files were in the original post but were deleted when I got temporarily banned Shocked

The cfe is easy.. get it from my ftp site. If necessary, I can post a modded firmware bin. I no longer have the original one, but it is not a big task to come up with another. Possibly another member already has it.

why if I may ask would you like to go back? are you having issues? there is no downside to converting a v2 into a 3000. At lease I have not found one..

what ever your issues are, plow 15962 on your 3000 (v2 convert) following the normal procedures (resets, etc)

Can you please post a modded firmware bin to go back to 610n v2? I have the same issue that is not show's gigabit connection.
Thank you
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 15:33    Post subject: Re: WRT610Nv2 to E3000, and back again? Reply with quote
gynel wrote:

Can you please post a modded firmware bin to go back to 610n v2? I have the same issue that is not show's gigabit connection.
Thank you

This should do it.. Make sure you follow the convert procedure exactly. Just substitute the E3000 cfe with your V2 cfe, and use the attached bin file.

dd-wrt.v24-15962_NEWD-2_K2.6_wrt610nv2_revert.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24-15962_NEWD-2_K2.6_wrt610nv2_revert.bin
 Filesize:  3.3 MB
 Downloaded:  1141 Time(s)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally am seeing the need to convert my WRT610N_V2 to an E3000 for more nvram space. I'm currently running build 16758M (Eko). Now my question(s).

Should I expect any issues to install the modified dd-wrt.v24-14567_modified-e3000.bin file? Or, can I just go to the upgrade tab and install this version which is really a back grade to a prior release?

[Edit]
Barryware, for not undertanding my question, your answer did answer my question. I'll be upgrading soon.

Thanks

Netgear R6400v2otp

Last edited by jrscs on Thu Dec 08, 2011 16:22; edited 2 times in total
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
jrscs wrote:
I finally am seeing the need to convert my WRT610N_V2 to an E3000 for more nvram space. I'm currently running build 16758M (Eko). Now my question(s).

Should I expect any issues to install the modified dd-wrt.v24-14567_modified-e3000.bin file? Or, can I just go to the upgrade tab and install this version which is really a back grade to a prior release?

Thanks

I don't quite understand your question.

Follow the convert instruction EXACTLY using the files posted in the 2nd post of this thread. After you have converted your router, you can then flash any build the router supports.

The 15962 bin I posted a couple of posts back is a modified bin for REVERTING the router back to a 610v2. If you flash that build to a 3000 whether a real 3000 or a converted 610 that is now a 3000, it will brick the router. It is ONLY for reverting a 3000 back to a 610 using the same proceedure as the convert. The only diff is you flash a 610 cfe on the 3000, then use the above modified 15962 revert bin.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 19:01    Post subject: Re: WRT610Nv2 to E3000, and back again? Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
gynel wrote:

Thank you

This should do it.. Make sure you follow the convert procedure exactly. Just substitute the E3000 cfe with your V2 cfe, and use the attached bin file.

Thank you.
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I've done this before with my own WRT610N v2 and I'm doing it again for my friend.

I'm running into a strange problem. After flashing DD-WRT mini_WRT610v2 and editing the CFE with the MAC, serial, PIN etc. The router will NOT talk to me in winSCP at all, no matter what I do.

I've enabled SSH and telnet on the router, but the router refuses the connection from winSCP every single time. What am I missing?

I need to get this done today as it's a Christmas gift and I'm leaving tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
wats6831 wrote:
So I've done this before with my own WRT610N v2 and I'm doing it again for my friend.

I'm running into a strange problem. After flashing DD-WRT mini_WRT610v2 and editing the CFE with the MAC, serial, PIN etc. The router will NOT talk to me in winSCP at all, no matter what I do.

I've enabled SSH and telnet on the router, but the router refuses the connection from winSCP every single time. What am I missing?

I need to get this done today as it's a Christmas gift and I'm leaving tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There are reported problems with ssh in the newer builds. I can suggest you use 15962 mini or earlier on the 610. see if winscp will login to the router after enabling ssh.

also, I have found that sometimes it takes a while for the keys to be built and services restarted. enable ssh, save, then apply. give it a couple of minutes.. then try winscp.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
wats6831 wrote:

Check Barryware's note (I also like that build). If for whatever reason you want to stay with a current (December) build, go the the ADMINISTRATION->Commands page and paste or type the following two commands into the commands window.

Code:
nvram unset sshd_rsa_host_key
nvram commit

Press RUN COMMANDS at the bottom, give it about 20 seconds and restart the router. This will remove the offending RSA key from nvram -but- a new one will have to be generated each time the router boots until the problem is fixed in the firmware utilities.

Season's Best!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: