Odd wake-on-lan issue

orcsoul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 19:16    Post subject: Odd wake-on-lan issue Reply with quote
I've got a CentOS 5.5 box with wake on lan working on it. I can wake it from any desktop on the LAN or from a router at any time I please. The oddity however is with my phone. The phone can wake the computer up too (via wireless LAN and internet via 3G) however this capability seems to stop after the computer has been powered down for over an hour. After that the only way I can wake said box up with a magic packet is if I SSH into my router and run the WOL script from there.

I can't for the life of me figure out what could be causing this behavior, any suggestions?

I've added a static ARP entry that (i thought) would eliminate this problem, but still no dice after the box has been turned off for an hour or so.

Code:
ip neigh change 192.168.1.4 lladdr ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff nud permanent dev br0
ip neigh add 192.168.1.4 lladdr ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff nud permanent dev br0
Sponsor
orcsoul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Completely sure that the address is unused.

I manually allocate all wired addresses on the boxes themselves, only use DHCP for wireless clients.

No static DHCP entries on the router.
baxter_x
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
It looks like an ARP flush. Or maybe the WOL port that closes itself for security reasons.
grosven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 18:55    Post subject: Did you ever Get this Resolved? Reply with quote
orcsoul wrote:
Completely sure that the address is unused.

I manually allocate all wired addresses on the boxes themselves, only use DHCP for wireless clients.

No static DHCP entries on the router.

I'm having a similar issue here. The weirdest thing is that it was working for months, and now it does exactly what you describe.

Grosven

DD-WRT Flashed Buffalo Nfiniti WZR-HP-G300NH Wireless N High Power Broadband/Cable Router (WZRHPG300NH)
grosven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just some more info for me.

I can WOL from the WAN before this apparent ARP flush. However, after that ARP flush, whenever that is, I am not able to WOL.

I can WOL from the LAN at any point in time. Really weird.

Grosven

DD-WRT Flashed Buffalo Nfiniti WZR-HP-G300NH Wireless N High Power Broadband/Cable Router (WZRHPG300NH)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: