Serial connection Garbled after Redboot boots vmlinux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
offensive_jerk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:53    Post subject: Serial connection Garbled after Redboot boots vmlinux Reply with quote
I have a Serial connection into my fon router, becuase i prefer to be serialed in when I am screwing around on the command line.

The problem is: The serial connection looks perfect in redboot, but after ddwrt boots, the characters are all crazy and its all garbled. I have Openwrt on my other fon, and the serial connection is good even after redboot boots.

Is there some setting for DDWrt that I overlooked? Do I have to enable serial port?

Or is it just something with ddwrt, that it wont let you access with the serial port?

The problem is not my serial connector or my fon...I triple checked.
Sponsor
importedprogrammer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
try telnet
Claude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Taken from here http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fbeta%20releases%2Ffonera%20builds%2F&download=fonera_flashing.txt

Quote:
since i dont like slow serial terminals the kernel will startup with a baudrate of 115200. so don't be afraid if you see no message after the bootloader.
just change your terminal settings to 115200-8-N-1

Just set your terminal program to 115200-8-N-1 and it should be fine. Smile
intrax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
BoardLITTERING - There are countless posts dealing with this problem on this board so why don't you READ first...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: