DD-WRT performance questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:42    Post subject: DD-WRT performance questions Reply with quote
Hi

Do some of you experience issues with the performance of the WLAN with DD-WRT?

In the earlier releases for the Fonera, I had one Fonera as WDS AP on the second floor, and one Fonera as WDS Station on the first floor and it was great performance. About 25Mbps througput over the WLAN link.

But lately, last weeks, I can never reach more than 12-13Mbps with the same location but between Fonera and Linksys. Dont know if the problem is within the firmware on the Fonera, or on the Linksys.

Its however really poor performance. If I connect a laptop wirelessly to the Linksys in the same room the performance isnt more than 15Mbps! Where it before was about 25Mbps...

Any one having any ideas what have happened with the Wireless part? It feels like for every new release of DD-WRT, more functions are resolved, but performance is poorer and poorer!
Sponsor
zbarnes
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've done a lot of messing with both my linksys and these fons to try to get the performance up, and maybe it had nothing to do with it, but enabling short preamble seemed to help alot.
dltv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
ill give short preamble a try later.. thanks for the tip.
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Short preamble on all routers made it only worse, 5-10Mbps Evil or Very Mad
zbarnes
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Joksi, I just did an actually bandwidth test, and with my laptop built in wireless, I could transfer ~3000 kilobytes / second, vs. the fonera ~1000 kilobytes / second.

I tried many combinations of settings, on both the fonera and my main linksys wrt54g, and 1500 kilobytes / second was the fastest I ever went.

All my measurements were taken in the same place, and my fonera even has the 2 antenna mod.
dltv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
i would love to get more people involved with finding the best settings for speed increase and range.
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
zbarnes wrote:
Joksi, I just did an actually bandwidth test, and with my laptop built in wireless, I could transfer ~3000 kilobytes / second, vs. the fonera ~1000 kilobytes / second.

I tried many combinations of settings, on both the fonera and my main linksys wrt54g, and 1500 kilobytes / second was the fastest I ever went.

All my measurements were taken in the same place, and my fonera even has the 2 antenna mod.

The question then is what the problem is, because before I had a WRT54G I had a Fonera as WDS AP connected to my D-Link router, and a Foner aWDS Station on the first floor.
Although i measured a couple of times 24-25Mbps!

So the Fonera is capable of this speeds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: