wifi speeds are slow but upload is good WRT54GL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jstillwell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 16:09    Post subject: wifi speeds are slow but upload is good WRT54GL Reply with quote
I have an older WRT54GL, Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) vpn, that I am trying to use to expand my wifi coverage. I ran CAT5e from my FIOS router to the GL and ethernet speeds are great but the wifi is really slow. on the FIOS router (wifi) I will get anywhere from 12 to 30 Mbps. On the GL however I am lucky if I hit 1 down then upload speeds are basically the same on both (7-9). There are no other routers on my channel and no interference I can think of. It's a single family home with good spacing between me and the neighbors. I rarely even register their wifi.

I have messed with some settings but I cant get the speed to go over about 2.5 down. I am really confused as I used this as my main router about a year ago and it was fine.

I followed the guide for setting it up as an access point so those are my settings now except for I bumped up the overclocking a bit to 233. I added a heatsink and fan a while back too. The fios router is on channle 6 and the GL is on 1.

any help is appreciated. I think it has to be a setting as the upload will hit about 9mbps where the down is around 1.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: