Working V5 WLAN Led!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kelvin_lcf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 14:11    Post subject: Working V5 WLAN Led! Reply with quote
After a few trials and errors(and of course, some reading on the web), I finally managed how to make the wlan led working in order!(for v5 or possibly later ver...) I know it is not a big deal, but hopefully can help some of you....

Steps are very simple:
Use telnet (or instead, use web gui and then go to Administration->Commands), then type:

nvram set wl0gpio0=2
nvram set wl0gpio1=5
nvram set wl0gpio2=0
nvram set wl0gpio3=0
nvram commit
reboot

If you do not see the wlan led lighting up/flashing, try to unplug and plug the power to restart the router. This method works perfectly fine for my v5, if it works for you too, congratulations! :wink:

PS: If anyone find out any mistake I have made for the settings, please tell and correct me, thanks in advance!!!
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for this information.

Brainslayer, I am going to make these default in the next version of the vxworks killer CFEs, but I guess for support of v5 units with older CFE (or the original WAP54G), DD-WRT should set them too..
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
No problem, but we need more confirmation that they will not brick other versions flashed with old cfe. (v6, gs v5, 6)
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
db90h wrote:
Thanks for this information.

Brainslayer, I am going to make these default in the next version of the vxworks killer CFEs, but I guess for support of v5 units with older CFE (or the original WAP54G), DD-WRT should set them too..

okay. please send me your updated files if they are ready. so i will update my news and the files

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
No problem, but we need more confirmation that they will not brick other versions flashed with old cfe. (v6, gs v5, 6)

Yea, I am a bit hesitant to change much.. I was thinking about this just as I was editing the default NVRAM. However, I can't see them causing any issues.. (famous last words).

I will do some internal testing though before I post them..
Newbie@Wifi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 0:16    Post subject: Re: Working V5 WLAN Led! Reply with quote
kelvin_lcf wrote:
After a few trials and errors(and of course, some reading on the web), I finally managed how to make the wlan led working in order!(for v5 or possibly later ver...) I know it is not a big deal, but hopefully can help some of you....

Steps are very simple:
Use telnet (or instead, use web gui and then go to Administration->Commands), then type:

nvram set wl0gpio0=2
nvram set wl0gpio1=5
nvram set wl0gpio2=0
nvram set wl0gpio3=0
nvram commit
reboot

If you do not see the wlan led lighting up/flashing, try to unplug and plug the power to restart the router. This method works perfectly fine for my v5, if it works for you too, congratulations! :wink:

PS: If anyone find out any mistake I have made for the settings, please tell and correct me, thanks in advance!!!

Thank you for the info, it works! 100% for my wrt54g V5. Eventhough it's not a big deal ,working WLAN LED makes my V5 "normal". I just copy then paste to the GUI then run..then the led is alive again..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: