DD-WRT Radius authentication Windows 2008 R2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
s7000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 15:30    Post subject: DD-WRT Radius authentication Windows 2008 R2 Reply with quote
Hello

I implemented 802.1x authentication with dd-wrt and windows 2008 r2 nps service.

The solution is working nice for ios and different linux distributions.

For windows 7 clients (domain-members and non domain-members) it works also, but just if I enter the username and password correctly the first time. Windows doesn't give me a second chance for entering the password. Instead a error-message appears, that the connection is not possible. Rebooting the windows client doesn't help, restarting the nps-service doesn't help.

I have to reboot the dd-wrt ap to resolve the issue Question Then it's working again - if I enter the password correctly the first time. Linux and ios clients prompt again for username / password, if wrong informations were entered.

I was playing for several hours with different windows 7 options (also pushed them via gpo) - but still no change of the . Password caching on Windows Client is off.

Any idea? Thanks
Sponsor
s7000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
The purpose is to offer a guest wlan to customers visiting our company. And mostly they are using Windows 7...

What I just don't understand: Why tries the windows client to authenticate again after a reboot of the dd-wrt ap? Is there any connection-status-caching on dd-wrt ap?

Forgetting the network and connecting again doesn't work.
s7000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found the following topic, which describes the same problem: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=529032
s7000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
The issue is solved by flashing a 2014 - firmware. Very Happy
divB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi s7000,

I am suffering from the same bug Sad

However, where did you find firmwares from 2014?

I have a WRT54GL, using http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database the latest version I can find is v24-preSP2 14896 from 2010-8-9 ...

Thanks!!!
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Builds are here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: