TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 139, 140, 141  Next
BillPierce
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 23:09    Post subject: Archer C7 USB printing Reply with quote
I recently bought a TP-Link Archer C7 v2.0 router and installed it. Everything works well except for one thing: USB printing. I have a Canon iP4200 inkjet printer I want to connect to one of the router's USB ports. TP-Link's implementation of USB printing is inelegant to say the least; it requires a utility to be installed on each client that basically creates a phantom local USB port and redirects it to the network.

I read that DD-WRT implements a more conventional USB printing scheme that allows the standard OS (Windows in my case) printer driver to connect through ports 9100/9101 of the router's IP address.

I successfully flashed the router to DD-WRT and according to instructions found in numerous locations enabled USB support and USB printing. I confirmed that the router recognizes the connected USB printer by connecting via SSH and using the dmesg|grep "usb" command.

However, that's as far as it goes. On the client computer, creating an IP port for the router's IP address in the printer properties produces absolutely nothing in terms of being able to print. And further investigation with netstat shows no print server at port 9100.

From here the advice I receive diverges. Quite a few people claim success with the configuration I outlined above, saying nothing else is needed. However, other posts refer to needing to install the p910nd print server on the router and mention a rather complex series of commands, including editing configuration files and creating a startup script to load the print server each time the router boots. Many of these posts refer to versions of DD-WRT that are years old, and the instructions conflict somewhat and imply that special modifications need to be made in particular situations.

I confess I'm a DD-WRT newbie and my familiarity with Linux commands and scripts is at the primer level (though I have been rather extensively involved with personal computers since 1978).

I'd be extremely appreciative if someone who knows the ropes could set me straight. Surely there is a solution for this. I need some guidance.
Sponsor
jerkyboyz0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info on the power settings. I set it to 25 for now. All devices seem to be able to connect, so I think I will leave it alone for now.

Thanks for the reply. Enjoying the DD-WRT build.
BillPierce
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 16:56    Post subject: Does DD-WRT 3.0 for TP-Link Archer C7 include a print server Reply with quote
All right, perhaps my earlier post was too lengthy and abstract. Let's see if I can get a reply to a specific question: Does DD-WRT 3.0 (I'm using r28493 dated 12/10/15) include a built-in USB print server for the TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750) V2 router? Or is it necessary to install the p910nd print server manually?
rml596
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got the C7, but I cannot find the download link in the DD-WRT catalog. Does anyone have the link for the download?

Thanks
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
rml596 wrote:
Just got the C7, but I cannot find the download link in the DD-WRT catalog. Does anyone have the link for the download?

Thanks

It different for versions:
US version:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/tplink_archer-c7-v2/factory-to-ddwrt-US.bin
General international:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/tplink_archer-c7-v2/factory-to-ddwrt.bin
Israeli version:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/tplink_archer-c7-v2/factory-to-ddwrt-IL.bin

All for first flashing for HW version 2.X And for today version of DD-WRT.
rml596
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="B@R"]
It different for versions:
US version:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/tplink_archer-c7-v2/factory-to-ddwrt-US.bin
General international:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/tplink_archer-c7-v2/factory-to-ddwrt.bin
Israeli version:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/tplink_archer-c7-v2/factory-to-ddwrt-IL.bin

All for first flashing for HW version 2.X And for today version of DD-WRT.[/quote]

Any problems that would restrict this from being a main router (I.E. working gigabit connections, working 2.5/5 ghz bands, full speed capability)?
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it will work, no.
Twisted Evil
hameerabbasi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 18:15    Post subject: Not getting upper channels. Reply with quote
Hello. I'm only getting channels upto 13 (2.4 GHz) or 140 (5 GHz). Do I have to buy superchannel or is this a bug? My country on both bands is Germany.

Also, virtual interfaces don't work. When I add one and hit apply, all wireless devices are disconnected and the interface shows up, but nothing can connect to it. It also shows up as secured even if I leave it unsecured. Even the password of the original network won't help with the connection.

Last edited by hameerabbasi on Sat Dec 26, 2015 15:05; edited 1 time in total
NeoMatrixJR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 19:15    Post subject: Steps to upgrade Reply with quote
Quote:
Hello. I have a C7 v2 that I installed DD-WRT on a long time ago. Probably the first or second "beta" releases that came out. It's been running pretty great but has a few issues. I thought I'd update to the latest. Downloaded yesterday's build and tried to install and got "Install Failed." What steps do I need to follow to upgrade and is it possible to keep my settings?

Nevermind - 2nd try succeeded.
networknone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 17:16    Post subject: Router Throughtput using OpenVPN r28444 Reply with quote
I have read through the wiki and forums and would like to thank the monitors and community for answering all the novice questions as it made it possible for me to setup my router the first time to mimic what I was doing with my OEM setup. I wanted to use a VPN so needed to switch to DD-WRT. Again my thanks to all here and your patience with novices.

Now, on to my question.

What type of performance should I expect running OpenVPN. Without OpenVPN the Archer C7 can max out my connection at 35Mb. However, when I am running OpenVPN the best I get is about 10Mb. I am using the standard AES-256 encryption required by my VPN provider. Is there anything I can do to get better throughput. I have tried multiple exit servers and the 10Mb seems to be about max. TIA.

Last edited by networknone on Mon Dec 28, 2015 0:18; edited 1 time in total
skywalkerze
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 21:22    Post subject: cannot find snmp Reply with quote
I have installed DD-WRT v3.0-r28598 std (12/24/15) on my TP-Link Archer C7. I am trying to enable snmp, but I cannot find it anywhere, in the interface or in the command line. Is this available, or is it not included in the build ? (The info I found says std has everything.)

If it is not available, is there any way to add it ?
hameerabbasi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 0:41    Post subject: Re: Router Throughtput using OpenVPN r28444 Reply with quote
networknone wrote:
I have read through the wiki and forums and would like to thank the monitors and community for answering all the novice questions as it made it possible for me to setup my router the first time to mimic what I was doing with my OEM setup. I wanted to use a VPN so needed to switch to DD-WRT. Again my thanks to all here and your patience with novices.

Now, on to my question.

What type of performance should I expect running OpenVPN. Without OpenVPN the Archer C7 can max out my connection at 35Mb. However, when I am running OpenVPN the best I get is about 10Mb. I am using the standard AES-256 encryption required by my VPN provider. Is there anything I can do to get better throughput. I have tried multiple exit servers and the 10Mb seems to be about max. TIA.

Well, I guess your router is maxing out at trying to encrypt/decrypt data there. Certainly possible, given the not-so-powerful processor. However, even for that, 10 Mbps seems a bit low to me, but I may just be speculating.
davisdmg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got the archer c7 and I was wondering if ddwrt has hardware nat between WAN to LAN?

I got a connection of 300mb of fibber and I am afraid I cant take advantaje of it Sad
hameerabbasi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
davisdmg wrote:
I just got the archer c7 and I was wondering if ddwrt has hardware nat between WAN to LAN?

I got a connection of 300mb of fibber and I am afraid I cant take advantaje of it Sad

Flash DD-WRT. You can always flash back to your factory if it doesn't support it.
moneyforpeople
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all! I am unable to connect to the 5 Ghz interface with my laptop. I can however access it with my iPhone 6. I tried various resets on all devices with different configs. 40 Mhz or 80 Mhz won't work on the PC from the router. Thanks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 139, 140, 141  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 54 of 141
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: