DDWRT on WA830RE v2?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I posted a newer modded version for WA830REv2 here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=994401#994401

Last edited by KrypteX on Mon Jun 06, 2016 13:57; edited 5 times in total
Sponsor
jolinass
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 27506 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR841ND v8, so that it will flash on a TL-WA830RE v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If this build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-27506 webflash build for TL-WR841ND v8.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Is hard reset needed on stock firmware router before installing this one over web gui?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
jolinass wrote:
Is hard reset needed on stock firmware router before installing this one over web gui?

Would be advisable, yes. What's most important is to also do a Hard Reset AFTER you flash DD-WRT. But do that only after you wait at least 2 minutes after the flash has completed. You don't want to rush the process... Also, use LAN cable and Firefox with cache cleared.

jolinass
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
IT WORKS! Thank you KrypteX.

I successfully flashed DD-WRT on TP-LINK "TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender".

Steps I used:
    1. hard reset
    2. connect pc and TL-WA830RE with LAN cable
    3. open TL-WA830RE's web gui -> "firmware upgrade", and upgrade using factory-to-ddwrt_27506_WA830REv2.bin
    4. wait 2 minutes after it says "upgrade finished"
    5. hard reset again
    6. power it off, unplug LAN cable, then on
    7. "dd-wrt" wifi network came visible (only on one of my two pc) then I connected to it and configured repeater bridged mode
Now, my system says it is:
Router Model: TP-Link TL-WR841ND v8
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r27506 (07/09/15) std

DD-WRT helped me solve more than few months long, a lot of time and nerve taking, terrifying experience with this piece of junk that comes installed with TL-WA830RE. It was even worse after updating second firmware version they released.
MrcRjs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 27506 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR841ND v8, so that it will flash on a TL-WA830RE v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If this build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-27506 webflash build for TL-WR841ND v8.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.

It works, thank you Kryptex, but cannot make it work as an AP via ethernet, it seems to connect to the gateway, DHCP asigns it an IP and shows gateway DNS servers, but it does not connect to anything else, can not even access the gateway config.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reset, then update to 28211 for WR841NDv8 ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/11-16-2015-r28211/tplink_tl-wr841ndv8/ then again reset and manual setup.

If still not good, update to 28211 for WA901NDv3 ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/11-16-2015-r28211/tplink_tl-wa901ndv3/

manouallou
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28072 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA901ND v3, so that it will flash on a TL-WA830RE v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-28072 webflash build for TL-WA901ND v3.

The modified firmware was very helpful to flash the crappy WA830RE v2, thanks a lot KrypteX.
Unfortunately, I found it very hard to set it up as a wireless repeater so I think I am going back to the Gargoyle firmware but it was worth the shot.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28647 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA901ND v3, so that it will flash on a TL-WA830RE v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-28647 webflash build for TL-WA901ND v3.

Note: You must be logged in to see the attached file.

Last edited by KrypteX on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:09; edited 1 time in total
Hairo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lastest build working fine so far, thanks @KrypteX.
MrSpeedy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:45    Post subject: VLAN on WA830RE Reply with quote
Hello everyone.
First of all, thank you for your effort to make DD-WRT firmware for this router.

One silly question.
Does this router support creating VLAN from DD-WRT itself?
I'm trying to bridge VLAN id with Virtual AP...
vlad_klm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:

Thank you very much, now this router works like a charm. Configured it like repeater using Client mode. Smile
panosvo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks very much, just flashed r28493 for wr841ndv8
panosvo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
So is our router the WA830RE, now a wr841ndv8. The hardware is the same.
fatzx636
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
jolinass wrote:
IT WORKS! Thank you KrypteX.

I successfully flashed DD-WRT on TP-LINK "TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender".

Steps I used:
    1. hard reset
    2. connect pc and TL-WA830RE with LAN cable
    3. open TL-WA830RE's web gui -> "firmware upgrade", and upgrade using factory-to-ddwrt_27506_WA830REv2.bin
    4. wait 2 minutes after it says "upgrade finished"
    5. hard reset again
    6. power it off, unplug LAN cable, then on
    7. "dd-wrt" wifi network came visible (only on one of my two pc) then I connected to it and configured repeater bridged mode
Now, my system says it is:
Router Model: TP-Link TL-WR841ND v8
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r27506 (07/09/15) std

DD-WRT helped me solve more than few months long, a lot of time and nerve taking, terrifying experience with this piece of junk that comes installed with TL-WA830RE. It was even worse after updating second firmware version they released.

This method worked really smooth! Thanks a ton guys Smile
big.jack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
Could someone enlighten me and write step-by-step how to set "Range Extender" mode / "Repeater bridged" mode (whatever they call it).
I just installed a new FW and can't find the place to do it.
Best regards,
Jack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: