"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
ALROCHARARI
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tout en espérant avoir une réponse au post précédent, j'ai effectuer d'autres tests:

1. Backup configuration
2. Used NVRAM Editor 0.92 to modify generated nvrambak.bin file
3. Saved file and restored it to router

=> Router restarted with defaults but not taking into account the changes. Even router ip changed back to 192.168.1.1.
No more access to the router.
I stopped the router completely and restarted it (the day after) and it came back to correct IP but with settings partially modified.

Access was possible again.

I also discovered stange parameters.
Is-it possible to have the description of all the existing fields ? I have for example field "oet3_rem" with value 192.168.90.1 while my router is configured in 10.x.x.x
Sponsor
kodtaku
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's a quick report.
Updated from r28211 to r28417; had some worrying messages, but everything seems fine. For now.

Smile

Here's a quick synopsis.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=995735#995735
robert-e
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wrt using the administration/command window, putting this script into startup to reduce nvram usage seems to work:

sh -c 'for line in `nvram show | grep =$`; do nvram unset "${line%*=}"; done; nvram commit'

One other similar script posted on this site does not seem to work, in that the nvram usage does not reduce.

That said, it was suggested to put this script in both the startup AND the shutdown windows. Going way back to the wrt54gl days, I have never issued a "shutdown" command to a router, but have only turned off the power supply. Indeed, I don't even know if a shutdown tab/click exists in dd-wrt? If this is the case, I don't see how the script in the shutdown window even has a chance of being executed before the power supply is shutdown? Anyone who knows about this, please enlighten me.

Regards,
Bob
magicmyth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all. Been following the thread for a while now and have one thing I am unsure about. Should the CFE still be updated following Devianttwo's instructions:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=986429#986429
Or is that step unnecessary now and simply following numinit's instructions is all that is needed? Will the XVortex CFE fix the 64K bug?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
magicmyth wrote:
Hi all. Been following the thread for a while now and have one thing I am unsure about. Should the CFE still be updated following Devianttwo's instructions:
Or is that step unnecessary now and simply following numinit's instructions is all that is needed? Will the XVortex CFE fix the 64K bug?

Follow Devianttwo's instructions or you'll be affected the 32k nvram issue.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 18:11    Post subject: EA6300 ddwrt wiki for dummies Reply with quote
There is a chance that someone wrote wiki EA6300 ddwrt for dummies.
I have EA6300 and I do not know how to do without such information.
Whether it is a safe, simple and stable?
Is it possible to go back to the original Linksys software?
Please help ddwrt experts.
I want to finally harness the power of my router.
Thank You.
magicmyth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
magicmyth wrote:

Follow Devianttwo's instructions or you'll be affected the 32k nvram issue.

Thanks for clearing that up Malachi.
maxias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:06    Post subject: Stable or still beta Reply with quote
i'd like to hear from you guys is the current build stable? and how is the ac speed? does anyone get a 1GB connection?

i'm about to change but i'd like to get some infos.

thanks in advance
pentySVK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 17:08    Post subject: problems Reply with quote
I solved both problems/300mbps at 2,4ghz and overheating/

overheating was problem in contact betwen cooler and CPU, the cooling pad was to close - betwen cooler ad CPU was around 1mm of blank space

I use this: http://www.tichepc.sk/Teplovodivy-pad-15-x-15-x-1-mm.html?arg1=001021003

now I have temps around 60-65C

300mbps problem was bad soldering on one of 2.4ghz antena. re-soldering help a lot
dgrindle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:04    Post subject: 5Ghz Reply with quote
Hello,

First off I wanted to say thanks for everyone who has contributed to this! I've been following this thread silently for some time. I've flashed a few different firmware versions including the r28139, r28211, r28374, r28397, and r28444 (after flashing XVortex's CFE (modified with my mac)). However no matter what one I use I am not able to see the 5Ghz SSID.

I've dug into this a bit and played with a few settings but still no go. I have noticed that I can see the SSID if configure wireless on numinit's super-hacky-smaller-version.bin (but obviously we don't want to use that long term due to the stripped features).

Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this? It's driving me crazy! I do see notes of others having troubles with 5Ghz on later builds so I currently have r28139 flashed. I've got serial access if that helps.
ghoffman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I've flashed a few different firmware versions including the r28139, r28211, r28374, r28397, and r28444 (after flashing XVortex's CFE (modified with my mac)). However no matter what one I use I am not able to see the 5Ghz SSID.

go back to the advanced tab of cfeedit to make sure that you have not inadvertantly deleted some of the variables from vortex's modified ea6400 cfe. most of what is in there has to do with vlan and radio parameters.
the 5g radio is eth2. when you go to the netorking tab in dd-wrt, what interfaces are on br0?
alexpp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 19:24    Post subject: Re: 5Ghz Reply with quote
dgrindle wrote:
Hello,

First off I wanted to say thanks for everyone who has contributed to this! I've been following this thread silently for some time. I've flashed a few different firmware versions including the r28139, r28211, r28374, r28397, and r28444 (after flashing XVortex's CFE (modified with my mac)). However no matter what one I use I am not able to see the 5Ghz SSID.

I've dug into this a bit and played with a few settings but still no go. I have noticed that I can see the SSID if configure wireless on numinit's super-hacky-smaller-version.bin (but obviously we don't want to use that long term due to the stripped features).

Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this? It's driving me crazy! I do see notes of others having troubles with 5Ghz on later builds so I currently have r28139 flashed. I've got serial access if that helps.

Did you try connecting using more than one device? I had the same problem until I found that my Nexus 4 could only see the 5ghz band if I configured it in channel 149 (it's a problem with Nexus 4 wifi implementation).
dgrindle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 0:16    Post subject: 5Ghz troubles - solved Reply with quote
Thanks ghoffman and alexpp for the suggestions! turns out I had the same issue as alexpp. Set it to a specific channel and I can see it now
ea6300
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
ea6300 wrote:
Flashed on the Asus RT-AC68U, worked fine, but after a reboot was not included. Only after the hard reset.
Other firmware is not loaded. Performed through the dd-wrt "nvram erase", hoping for a correct restart, but now the router is blinking LED on the cover and everything. Firmware uploaded via TFTP (even tried the original), but it still flashes and nothing happens. 30/30/30 does not help Sad

Sorry for bad english.
Does the current solution to this problem?
RedRover88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 14:37    Post subject: Current Recommended Build EA6300v1 Reply with quote
Thank you

Last edited by RedRover88 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:15; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 60 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: