Frequent reboot required to keep Archer C7 working

yanko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:24    Post subject: Frequent reboot required to keep Archer C7 working Reply with quote
Hi there. I just upgraded from wrt54g to tp-link archer c7.
My internet speed has doubled but I keep having to reboot it. In particular, Teamviewer stops working: at some point my computers lose the ability to connect to the Teamviewer servers until I reboot the router. Any idea what the problem may be? I'm not forwarding any ports specific to this program.
Yanko
Sponsor
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you done anything outside of basic setup? I've setup several C7s without issue. I've never had problems with teamviewer either. Maybe start fresh with a reset?
yanko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not a lot beyond basic setup.
This is build v24-sp2 (3/5/15) std.
Here is a list of settings I had to change:
DHCP on, starting address 10
NTP server added
DDNS No-IP
Both wireless interfaces on with different SSIDs, WPA, TKIP
Services: SSHd with TCP port forwarding.
Remote access SSH on port 8022
Port forwarding: 80 to 80, 443 to 443, 993 to 993, 8222 to 22; pointing to a server with IP 192.168.1.2

Anything suspicious in this?

I have never used any of the logging capabilities, perhaps there is something I can do there to see what might be happening?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please see and follow the requirements set out in the first post in this forum. This is the wrong forum for this kind of inquiry. Thanks.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: