Linksys WRT1900AC/Marvell support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
elkido122
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
kong when will the builds be up? also i never seem to be able hit hit my max connection speed or 180mbps from my isp on 5ghz AC with an iphone 6 plus.. any suggestions sometimes it does then dies back to like 30mbps. weird
Sponsor
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm up on Kong's 28320 and temps look to be pretty good overall.

CPU 63.8 °C / WL0 48.6 °C / WL1 48.9 °C

Down about 5C from before.
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok something's wrong. I'm at about the 4-hour mark of runtime and temps started skyrocketing. For the first 3 hours or so they held tight right around 64C.

I'm up to 70C now and going up. I've got 7 devices active across both radios and nothing else is running, no DLNA or USB or anything.
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
And now it's back down to 62C. I haven't seen wildly fluctuating temps like this before. Weird.
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Attached a wrt1900ac router to serial and recording its activity while trying to set it up for client bridge mode and then WDS mode.

the "Bridge" in client bridge mode is not working.

WDS on this router gets me no water and nutrients from the primary WRT1900AC router.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gameman Advanced Kid wrote:
Attached a wrt1900ac router to serial and recording its activity while trying to set it up for client bridge mode and then WDS mode.

WDS on this router gets me no water and nutrients from the primary WRT1900AC router.

the chipset driver does not support wds so far. it will establish a connection, but no packets are working. this is a known issue and i hope marvell will provide a update for the mwldriver with wds support. the client bridge mode itself is something else and should work, but manual options are required for relay function
and always remember. client bridge is no real bridge its a "i look like a bridge" behaviour

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
elkido122 wrote:
kong when will the builds be up? also i never seem to be able hit hit my max connection speed or 180mbps from my isp on 5ghz AC with an iphone 6 plus.. any suggestions sometimes it does then dies back to like 30mbps. weird

build are already up on ftp.dd-wrt.com and there is no need to wait for kongs build. kong uses the same source and all changes from him are inside the official build and vice versa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
htismaqe wrote:
And now it's back down to 62C. I haven't seen wildly fluctuating temps like this before. Weird.

people like you bring me to the level that i will remove the temperature display in future (not really). people are constantly watching on it, but do not consider that the software has no heater inside. the typical temperature limit of this cpu is 100 - 115 degrees celsius. everything else is hw related. especially the cpu. for wireless it might be different. a disconnected antenna for instance can heat up a wireless chipset to critical levels

the latest broadcom arm based router, the Asus RT-5300 runs at 75 degrees right now here. and do you know what? i just dont care. its normal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
Gameman Advanced Kid wrote:

the chipset driver does not support wds so far. it will establish a connection, but no packets are working. this is a known issue and i hope marvell will provide a update for the mwldriver with wds support. the client bridge mode itself is something else and should work, but manual options are required for relay function
and always remember. client bridge is no real bridge its a "i look like a bridge" behaviour

First, Thank you for responding brainslayer. i really appreciate that.

-anyway-

I understand that client bridge is ""i look and act like a bridge" (fixed) and i know that WDS is a real bridge. But the thing here is that, if i am not mistaken, both work closely the same way. As long as those packets are able to bring back and forth the water and nutrients fine, then im happy.

i will continue waiting and testing. If any problems occur or are spotted, i will post them.

IN CASE ANYONE IS WONDERING

Water is internet

Nutrients is things like minidlna, wireless printer, samba, and other server like hardware and programs...you get the idea.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
they do not work in the same way

wds supports bridging

client bridge does not support bridging

the problem is that mac addresses behind the client are never visible for the ap, since the wireless protocol specified for stations arent able to pass these.
so a client bridge is typically implemented in a way of arp relay / proxy system. so macs are getting masqueraded and the client does translate the incomming requests to the correct mac address. this leads to the problem that you get different ips with the same mac address in your network (which is the mac of the station/client)

so if a dhcp server is running behind the client, it will not pass the bridge. so real broadcasts will also just work in one way. from client to the ap, but not vice versa

but there are also other ways of implementing this "look like a bridge" behehaviour, like special routings etc. but this will have the same broadcast packet limitation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just flashed BrainSlayer's 28366, and it looks fine initially. So do try it out and see how it works for you. I don't use USB, though, so I can't test that.

Thanks much to BrainSlayer.
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
they do not work in the same way

wds supports bridging

client bridge does not support bridging

I know that and it is my failure for not also saying "but they work entirely different under the hood".
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
usb works including drive mount. i just flashed a WRT1900AC before uploading the build to make sure that all is working. since it was still broken last night. so i just fixed the crashbug in the early morning and rebuilded the images including testing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
usb works including drive mount. i just flashed a WRT1900AC before uploading the build to make sure that all is working. since it was still broken last night. so i just fixed the crashbug in the early morning and rebuilded the images including testing

Thanks for doing that!
RichMD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
elkido122 wrote:

build are already up on ftp.dd-wrt.com and there is no need to wait for kongs build. kong uses the same source and all changes from him are inside the official build and vice versa

Thanks,
I saw a post from @Kong that mentioned that the only difference was that his builds have DFS support. Do your builds also support that now? I haven't read up on it much but my understanding is that it would be helpful to run due to conflicts with neighbors and I believe regulations say it should be used (to allow use of those DFS channels). I don't know what "downside" there is to running it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 152, 153, 154  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 93 of 154
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: