YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
bartekd wrote:
Does anyone else have an issue where Friday's doesn't record any data? I thought it was weird when Nov 6th showed 0 bytes used, and it just went on the 7th. but now I noticed that the 13th did the same thing. It shows 0 bytes, and just made today's total higher.

Is anyone else seeing this? is the problem that the hourly files do not exist or that the monthly file is not getting updated?

(You know the drill about log files Smile )

Al
Sponsor
apostleofzion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 13:20    Post subject: Adding YAmon to Asus RT‑N66 router Reply with quote
Greetings all,

I'm a novice in bandwidth monitoring. I understand that YAmon gives me live usage per device/mac address. In our office environment we wish use it.

We have considered ASUS RT-N66 router with dd-wrt firmware support.

Firstly I wish to know if I have to flash this router with dd-wrt for using YAmon or can I use it with ASUS wrt already present in it?

And since this is has dd-wrt support that means, I will get warranty even after flashing this router unlike a loss of warranty with a normal router right?

Thanks for your time Smile
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 15:15    Post subject: Re: Adding YAmon to Asus RT‑N66 router Reply with quote
apostleofzion wrote:
Greetings all,

I'm a novice in bandwidth monitoring. I understand that YAmon gives me live usage per device/mac address. In our office environment we wish use it.

We have considered ASUS RT-N66 router with dd-wrt firmware support.

Firstly I wish to know if I have to flash this router with dd-wrt for using YAmon or can I use it with ASUS wrt already present in it?

And since this is has dd-wrt support that means, I will get warranty even after flashing this router unlike a loss of warranty with a normal router right?

Thanks for your time Smile

YAMon also works with AsusWRT - Merlin (as well as OpenWRT).

In your config.file, set `_firmware=2` to choose the Asus configuration.

I hope this helps!

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 18:23    Post subject: YAMon 2.3.0 (beta?) is now available! Reply with quote
There are really no new features within the script itself.

I've made some significant architectural changes - in particular, rather than a monolithic file, I'm now using the `source` command which allows me to share functions/functionality between different scripts (it is is roughly equivalent to a PHP `include` statement for any programmers out there). I'm hoping that all firmware variants support this feature (hence the beta? designation)... it'll be a real bugger if they don't.

Otherwise, the other big change is the `setup.sh` script. This script walks you through the process of setting values in config.file and file/folder permissions. Having played with it a bunch on my end, I'm thinking I should've done this a long time ago.

Last but not least, the startup and shutdown scripts have been updated to the new `source` architecture and include a couple of user feedback improvements.

Returning users... note that
1. there is a new `includes` directory in the Setup folder. This must get copied to your router.
2. the yamon script name now includes the version number... leave it there! Otherwise the associated setup, startup & shutdown scripts will not work.
3. you can also run the setup.sh script (your existing config.file will get backed up).

On the reports side, there are a number of GUI tweaks. IMHO, a cleaner UI. These improvements are thanks to YAMon user `Nadim Mirza`. Nadim included a number of tweaks that I decided not add to the main UI but I've inserted them into custom.css (`Setup/www/css/`) to illustrate how you can make your own improvements to the look of the reports.

As always, if you find any issues, please let me know - either here in the forum or via PM. Screenshots and log files are very helpful!

Thx

Al

YAMon 2.3.0.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  YAMon 2.3.0.zip
 Filesize:  272.73 KB
 Downloaded:  306 Time(s)

Last edited by al_c on Mon Dec 07, 2015 19:38; edited 1 time in total
mukluk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 0:38    Post subject: Love the YAMon... one bug though Reply with quote
Hi,

I just started using 2.2.5 on the weekend Today I upgraded to 2.3. On both versions I see an issue when loading the page (yamon2.html). My Chrome browser reports...

Uncaught ReferenceError: users_created is not defined
yamon2.3.js line 708.

I was seeing the same problem in 2.2.5.

Screenshot attached.

Any ideas what's going there?

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 7.32.54 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.56 KB
 Viewed:  8532 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 7.32.54 PM.png

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:30    Post subject: Re: Love the YAMon... one bug though Reply with quote
mukluk wrote:
Hi,

I just started using 2.2.5 on the weekend Today I upgraded to 2.3. On both versions I see an issue when loading the page (yamon2.html). My Chrome browser reports...

Uncaught ReferenceError: users_created is not defined
yamon2.3.js line 708.

I was seeing the same problem in 2.2.5.

Screenshot attached.

Any ideas what's going there?

`users_created` should be defined in your users.js... it should be the first line of that file. I have no clue why it is not there.

You can add the line to that file - e.g.,
var users_created="2015-11-22 23:35:37"

NB - you must stop the script before editting user.js

Another option is to stop the script and delete users.js. That file will be recreated when you start the script again (but you'll lose any customizations you've made within the file).

Al
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
getting the following error on V2.3.0
running ddwrt on TPLINK Archer C9 with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27858 std (09/28/15)

root@ddwrt:/opt/YAMon2/Setup# modprobe: module ip_tables not found
modprobe: failed to load module ip_tables: No such file or directory
modprobe: module ip_tables not found
bartekd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just letting you know that I updated to 2.3 a couple days ago, and its been working without a problem (Except for the chart on the devices tab was all messed up for a day, but it fixed itself).

Great work Al, thanks again for creating the script!!!
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
getting the following error on V2.3.0
running ddwrt on TPLINK Archer C9 with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27858 std (09/28/15)

root@ddwrt:/opt/YAMon2/Setup# modprobe: module ip_tables not found
modprobe: failed to load module ip_tables: No such file or directory
modprobe: module ip_tables not found
pls send more info... what script is giving you that error?

TIA

Al
Helipil0t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 21:21    Post subject: Groups & Devices Reply with quote
Anyone else having a hard time maintaing the Devices list? I have database integration enabled. I spent hours inputing information for over 100 devices. Things seemed to be working well for a while and then next thing you know many if not all of the devices default back to

Code:
Unknown   new device - XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX       

I saved a copy of the users.js file after inputting all the information. Restoring to this backup fixes the issue for a short while and then it happens again. Am I doing something wrong?
SimulationMan32
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:28    Post subject: Re: Groups & Devices Reply with quote
Helipil0t wrote:
Anyone else having a hard time maintaing the Devices list? I have database integration enabled. I spent hours inputing information for over 100 devices. Things seemed to be working well for a while and then next thing you know many if not all of the devices default back to

Code:

I saved a copy of the users.js file after inputting all the information. Restoring to this backup fixes the issue for a short while and then it happens again. Am I doing something wrong?

I have been having same problem for a while now. It splits some entries into 2 lines which screws up the format. I can fix it temporarily but it returns a short time later.

I PM'd al_c but got no response Sad

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:47    Post subject: Re: Groups & Devices Reply with quote
Helipil0t wrote:

Code:

Uh-oh! I've never seen this but at least one other user has...

Pls stop the script, fix users.js, set _loglevel=-1 in your config.file & then restart the script. Send me the log file after users.js gets corrupted...

I can compare what you are getting with what others have sent.

Al
Researcher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 16:44    Post subject: Re: Groups & Devices Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
Helipil0t wrote:

Code:

Pls stop the script, fix users.js, set _loglevel=-1 in your config.file & then restart the script. Send me the log file after users.js gets corrupted...

Al

I just upgraded to 2.2.5 and I am seeing this as well.
Code:

I am seeing duplicate MAC address listed, one known and one unknown.

I am also getting
Code:
Error #4 reading the devices data file: `data/users.js` TypeError: n is undefined

I have clicked on the link to the users.js in the error and it opens fine, I don't see any obvious format errors. My user.js file is correct and doesn't contain any errors as described by Helipil0t.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 16:54    Post subject: Re: Groups & Devices Reply with quote
Researcher wrote:
al_c wrote:
Helipil0t wrote:

Code:

Al

Code:

I am also getting
Code:
Error #4 reading the devices data file: `data/users.js` TypeError: n is undefined

I have clicked on the link to the users.js in the error and it opens fine, I don't see any obvious format errors. My user.js file is correct and doesn't contain any errors as described by Helipil0t.

To anyone who is having this problem, can I ask you to zip up your users.js, hourly & monthly data, and log files and send them to me via PM (or to al@caughey.ca). Please do not post them here!

I can then replicate your reporting environment at my end and that should help confirm it is the same issue and how to resolve it.

I will get to this ASAP!

Al
Helipil0t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 17:49    Post subject: Re: Groups & Devices Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
Researcher wrote:
al_c wrote:
Helipil0t wrote:

Code:

Al

Code:

I am also getting
Code:

To anyone who is having this problem, can I ask you to zip up your users.js, hourly & monthly data, and log files and send them to me via PM (or to al@caughey.ca). Please do not post them here!

I can then replicate your reporting environment at my end and that should help confirm it is the same issue and how to resolve it.

I will get to this ASAP!

Al

So Yesterday I ended up turning off database integration, I also decided to re-organize the data files by Year and Month.. I restored the users.js file and so far I've been running for about 12 hours without any issues.

I'm going to try to replicate the problem today with logs enabled. I'll get you the logs and data files hopefully by the end of the day.

Thanks Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 94 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: