TPLink WR841N V8.4 Revert to Stock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tak1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 16:40    Post subject: TPLink WR841N V8.4 Revert to Stock Reply with quote
All, I apologize in advance if this is a repeat somewhere but I can't seem to find a solution. I find it hard to believe the only way to revert the firmware on this router is with a serial cable. Before I go down that road I wanted to know if anyone with a v8.4 Tplink-WR841N has successfully used the TFTP method.

I have tried to set the server to 192.168.0.66 and perform the reset but the router never connects to the TFTP server. I tried this on my V9.0 and it worked flawlessly. My guess is that the server ip that v8.4 is looking for is not the same. Has anyone had any success with this? Question
Sponsor
rizel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:21    Post subject: Re: TPLink WR841N V8.4 Revert to Stock Reply with quote
tak1983 wrote:
All, I apologize in advance if this is a repeat somewhere but I can't seem to find a solution. I find it hard to believe the only way to revert the firmware on this router is with a serial cable. Before I go down that road I wanted to know if anyone with a v8.4 Tplink-WR841N has successfully used the TFTP method.

I have tried to set the server to 192.168.0.66 and perform the reset but the router never connects to the TFTP server. I tried this on my V9.0 and it worked flawlessly. My guess is that the server ip that v8.4 is looking for is not the same. Has anyone had any success with this? Question

https://swrt.ro/descarcare/#1443019723175-61be4ec2-5fee

take the firmware from here, the brown colour one, and after that flash like you want to make an update from ddwrt web interface..the new original firmware will be on 192.168.0.1...user=admin...password=admin.....you know that..
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Webrevert for WR841NDv8: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=753479#753479
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:58    Post subject: Re: TPLink WR841N V8.4 Revert to Stock Reply with quote
rizel wrote:
tak1983 wrote:

https://swrt.ro/descarcare/#1443019723175-61be4ec2-5fee

take the firmware from here, the brown colour one, and after that flash like you want to make an update from ddwrt web interface..the new original firmware will be on 192.168.0.1...user=admin...password=admin.....you know that..

You are writing a load of bollox.
The swrt files are not dd-wrt compatible, you can not update dd-wrt with them and you can not restore to factory firmware from dd-wrt with them.

Navigation

Jump to: