Support for TP-Link Archer C8 and Huawei E5786

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
siyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the provided information!
About your smb issue: Have you tried to get access to the share from another operating system e.g. your smartphone? (on android check it preferably with ES explorer's networking feature, it's really intuitive) Maybe it's a windows implementation issue instead?
Sponsor
elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
another thing, just to help.

I was able to install dd-wrt only after downgrading the stock firmware to the first release that you can download in the TP-Link support site:
from Archer C8_V1_150515 to Archer_C8_V1_141023.
elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I alway use ES File explorer.
With Samba It can't find the Archer.
But It could see it and only see (doing a scan in the net page) after activating ths secure shell in the "services page".
With WinSCP i can navigate inside the access point (usb pen drive too) but no Samba.

EDIT:
I tried 8gb Pen drive with fat32 first time.

Then the same PenDrive formatted with GParted:
- MS-DOS file system:
1GB ext2 partition label Optware
64MB swap
the remaining space ext2 label Data

With swap partition the access point was not working well so I reformatted the PenDrive removing the swap.
siyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
elbrus77 wrote:

64MB swap
With swap partition the access point was not working well so I reformatted the PenDrive removing the swap.

Just a short notice: I'ld always recommend to NOT use any kind of flash storage as a swap partition. Also I'm not even sure why you are doing this - the router itself should not be in need of a cache disk.
Anyways thanks for testing, maybe it is broken for now and might be resolved in later releases. What about the FTP feature - have you had a try if it is reachable via this protocol?

Thank you so much foryour time and work!
elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
about the swap I used It because of a tutorial in the wiki.
I don't know much about Linux so I had to try.
I read about ext2 with usb etc.
But now I konow. Smile

FTP: I can try but I'm a little bit confused about the situation.
I know FTP and port 21.
But I now have too many options: SFTP, ProFTPD, SSH etc.

If you tell me the exact steps to do I can try it without problems.
elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried everuthing.
ftp with windows, android with es explorer doing scan, with filezilla trying to change all: active, passive,ip,hostname, anonymous, creating user in the access point and so on.

My Android can see the C8 only with ths ssh enabled.
With samba, ftp and the other possibilities nothing.

I want to add that hardreset 30/30/30 doesn't work and the wifi button too.
siyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Once KrypteX has uploaded a stripped firmware image I'll give it a try myself and check whether ftp mounting is possible or not. Thanks for your efforts so far!
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, do you need the stripped firmware for C8 v1 ? There's also a C8 v2 out there...

For the v1, which firmware should I strip from here ? http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C8_V1.html#Firmware
150515 or 150316 or 141023 ?

elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi KrypteX,

mine is V1.

I know only that I could flash dd-wrt with the first release of the stock firmware.
Now I don't know If It's the same situation going back to stock i.e. if I need a specific version of the stock.

In every case I could then upgrade to the last after reinstalling the stock.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just been reading more on how to strip the bootloader from C8 and C9 and it's a very different procedure compared to Atheros-based TP-Link (which is pretty straightforward).

Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure that the method I'm using will properly strip the bootloader on C8. I'll have to read more before I post anything here - I really wouldn't like to get your router bricked.

elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
tnx for your time.

Only a question. I read something about tp-link stock firmware with and without the word "boot" in the name.

So...C8 hasn't this word in the name of the firmware.

Can you explain me this thing??

However I'll try next dd-wrt beta releases.
elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know if It can help but if you search with google
"gpl_archer_c8_v1.tar.bz2" (OEM Source Code) there is a link to download this file.
elbrus77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed latest beta: DD-WRT v3.0-r28211 std (11/16/15)

- reset/wps button in "administration" is enabled but short and long press don't work but long press on "wifi button" reset everything.
- Wifi 2.4 N only: 20mhz -> 300Mbps ; 40mhz-> 300Mbps both with auto channel.
- Wifi 5.2Ghz AC only: always 400Mbps with 20/40/80 Mhz with auto channel.
- Samba doesn't work: USB Pen Drive and public shared folder enabled but in sys-info page: "Samba Enabled - Stopped". Nothing on Windows or Android.
nalgarcher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Created an account to add information.

I flashed my Archer C8 from the stock 141023 to 28211 as flashing from 150515 didn't work.

Vlan tagging isn't working at all for me no matter how I set it up (need to tag 35 on wan to bypass my ISP's router).

Also my wired speeds are absolutely awful. On stock firmware I was getting ~950mpbs down and now I barely hit 375mpbs. I reset the router numerous times with different settings, it seems to be a problem with the firmware.

I'll wait for a stripped firmware so I can revert back to stock as currently 28211 is unusable.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
375 Mbps is actually pretty good for DD-WRT, considering it's software NAT. Stock firmware uses proprietary hardware NAT - that's how it reaches 1Gbps...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: