TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
charles_haynes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06    Post subject: Build r28112 seems to work on Archer C9 Reply with quote
According to http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=991321#991321 build r28112 seems to work on Archer C9.
Sponsor
RalphMalph
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes..working great. Also PPTP-VPN.
Still no time for OpenVPN.
RalphMalph
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also 28139 working perfectly
kramanat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I have finally upgraded my router to a DD WRT capable router. Needless to say, have never done a router firmware flash before.

I have gone through the thread multiple times and still want to get a thumbs up from the group on the proposed plan Smile

a. Download an original stock firmware. Mine is a Archer C9 h/w 1.0. I have downloaded the 150122 stock firmware bin file

b. Download a stable DD WRT version for Archer C9. From what I read, the last good versions are 27858 (most votes) and 28139 (Ralph's update).

c. Now, connect the computer via ethernet cable to the router. Disable wireless to make sure its connected via ehternet cable.

d. Do a 30-30-30 reset. Keep Reset pressed, first 30 seconds with power on, next 30 with power off and the last 30 with power back on.

e. Log into router and from update firmware option, choose the 150122 bin file.

f. Router updates firmware and then log back in.

g. Go back to admin section and this time, choose the DD WRT file. The file name says 'factor-to-ddwrt.bin'

h. Once the firmware is updated, it should be on dd-wrt and one should be able to login and then go about setting the router up.

Is this good to go?

One question - is it ok to flash firmware from a mac vs a windows laptop?

Thanks
kramanat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use Windows, Firefox with cache cleared.
Important: do a reset also AFTER you're on DD-WRT ! It's the most important step...

skywalker168
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there, did go through 16 pages but didn't find a definitive answer. Sorry if I missed it.

It appears that the only build available in ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas folders for this router is "std" version. Like this:

Quote:
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27858 std (09/28/15)
Time: 09:49:55 up 1 day, 15:07, load average: 0.01, 0.08, 0.12

Is "OpenVPN server" included in this build? It has 16MB ROM so I suppose it is big enough to include all the "mega" features. Saw some posts mention OpenVPN client and PIA but not sure if native OpenVPN feature is available before make a purchase.
alexxG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm using the Archer C9 with DD-WRT v3.0-r28211 std (11/16/15).

I've configured one virtual WLAN interface on both bands (wl0.1 and wl1.1). Everything works as expected.

I wanted to add an additional virtual interface (wl0.2 and wl1.2) - devices recognise this new BSSID, but are not able to connect, either with security or without.

Can anyone confirm that this is a bug?
Previously I was using the WRT54GL with a similar configuration and without any problem.

Regards,
Alex
peterthorpe81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
skywalker168 wrote:
Hi there, did go through 16 pages but didn't find a definitive answer. Sorry if I missed it.

It appears that the only build available in ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas folders for this router is "std" version. Like this:

Quote:

Is "OpenVPN server" included in this build? It has 16MB ROM so I suppose it is big enough to include all the "mega" features. Saw some posts mention OpenVPN client and PIA but not sure if native OpenVPN feature is available before make a purchase.

Yes i'm successfully using an Archer C9 as an OpenVPN server, client is also there.

I could be wrong as i'm relatively new but I don't think standard/mega applies to new builds of DD-WRT or at least for new routers with large ROM's.
skywalker168
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for confirming!

peterthorpe81 wrote:
skywalker168 wrote:

Quote:

Yes i'm successfully using an Archer C9 as an OpenVPN server, client is also there.

I could be wrong as i'm relatively new but I don't think standard/mega applies to new builds of DD-WRT or at least for new routers with large ROM's.
kramanat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did the cutover and installed DD WRT on the router. I went with 27858 build.

My primary aim was to use it to beat the transparent proxy used by my ISP and be able to use Smart DNS. Worked fine.

On the downside, the speeds on the 5Ghz seem to have reduced substantially. To be honest, not too fussed about the speed as much as the coverage - which has stayed roughly the same.
bobwya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Use Windows, ...

That's a bit disingenuous, no? I flashed my router from a Gentoo (Linux) install on my laptop. This went without a hitch. I used dterm (tty serial access) and
tftp-hpa (tftp server).

The tools being used originated as native Unix (BSD) tools. So the versions you are using under Windows are actually just ports of the original tools!! Very Happy

Bob
gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
kramanat wrote:
Anyone?

I use firefox on a mac, I have not had a problem with any good firmware, works fine!
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
bobwya wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
Use Windows, ...

That's a bit disingenuous, no? I flashed my router from a Gentoo (Linux) install on my laptop. This went without a hitch.

It was only a recommendation and wasn't disingenuous. If you want, you can use Android or DOS, I don't care.

HipHopBlond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 17:08    Post subject: New build 28374 is up Reply with quote
You can try now Build 28374 is up.

As I'm coming from WR1043ND to C9, can anyone confirm is it safe for flashing? Also, do I need to downgrade to the first tp-link firmware before I convert to dd-wrt? Should I do a factory reset after upgrade?

I really don't wanna brick it on it's first day here Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: