Question: TIAO USB Multi Protocol Adapter Serial TTL Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Dryll
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:20    Post subject: Question: TIAO USB Multi Protocol Adapter Serial TTL Setup Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased a Tumpa for fixing my bricked WZR-1750DHP.

How do you establish a serial connection from the computer to the router? TTY to TTL

Here is what I know and have done:

1. "TTY" type serial from WZR-1750DHP and it is properly connecting Rx to Tx and vice versa on the "TTL" pins on Tumpa. Shorted both ground pins. No connection on 3.3v

2. Router can't power on when GND connections (TTL gnd on Tumpa and gnd on router serial port) are shorted. Not sure exactly why, though, I am suspecting an impedance issue. if anyone have a definitive answer, I'd love to hear it.

3. Tumpa is correctly configured with TTL selection pins, and flashed using FT_Prog for both device A and B to be UART ports with Virtual Com. Windows driver all take care off.

3. When I powered router and Tumpa individually and then connected GND, I am uanble to receive any transmission using Parallax looking at both Virtual com ports.

Any help appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chris

P.S. I have debricked the router using Arduino mega with a high-z state reset short to gnd. Just curious if I can make the Tumpa work here as well.
(in case anyone interested http://blog.tonywall.co/2013/06/de-bricking-a-buffalo-wifi-router-with-an-arduino/)
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: