Netgear R7000 5GHz wireless channel 'Auto' only. [SOLVED]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
d0mini
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:44    Post subject: Netgear R7000 5GHz wireless channel 'Auto' only. [SOLVED] Reply with quote
Router: R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27858 std (09/28/15)

Only the 'Auto' setting is available in wireless -> Basic settings for wl1 with VHT80 (80MHz) enabled, resulting in channels 132 + 134 being utilised.

This is a new occurrence, as with the previous firmware I could manually set the channel. This occurs regardless of the Extension Channel setting, and has persisted through a factory reset. Reducing the channel width to 40MHz allows for normal channel selection.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? I may create a ticket, I am new here though so advice on how to do that would be appreciated.

Last edited by d0mini on Sun Oct 11, 2015 17:33; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about when you take the network mode out of mixed?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 14:38    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7000 5GHz wireless channel 'Auto' only. Reply with quote
d0mini wrote:

Only the 'Auto' setting is available in wireless -> Basic settings for wl1 with VHT80 (80MHz) enabled, resulting in channels 132 + 134 being utilised.

This is a new occurrence, as with the previous firmware I could manually set the channel. This occurs regardless of the Extension Channel setting, and has persisted through a factory reset. Reducing the channel width to 40MHz allows for normal channel selection.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? I may create a ticket, I am new here though so advice on how to do that would be appreciated.

You have to hit apply again. If you still don't have any channels with 40 mhz width, then you have selected a country with no 80Mhz support.
d0mini
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 17:07    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7000 5GHz wireless channel 'Auto' only. Reply with quote
[quote="<Kong>"]
d0mini wrote:

You have to hit apply again. If you still don't have any channels with 40 mhz width, then you have selected a country with no 80Mhz support.

Dear Kong,

Thank you for answering, and for all of your and Brainslayer's hard work.

I had the country set to United Kingdom, I changed it to United States and now the choice of wireless channel width for 80Mhz is back, so it was as you said. Were the regulations in the UK changed recently? I had this functionality before, but not since the build I am on now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: