From OpenWRT back to DD-WRT for Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
commodore
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51    Post subject: From OpenWRT back to DD-WRT for Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N Reply with quote
I'd like to switch from OpenWRT back to DD-WRT on Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N. What's the correct procedure in order to do this right?
I see there are two files in the corresponding directory - buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-MULTI.bin and whr-hp-g300n-firmware-MULTI.bin. I suppose the first one is meant for flashing from router's stock firmware to dd-wrt, which isn't the case here.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flash back to stock first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
With TFTP or from OpenWRT interface? I remember DD-WRT to OpenWRT actually was possible directly through DD-WRT firmware upgrade page.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
TFTP would be my choice being that openwrt most likely won't accept the stock header and thus fail the flash.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
commodore
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
So is this the right sequence of flashing then:

1) http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/whrhpg300n-193.zip

2) ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/10-09-2015-r27944/buffalo_whr_hp_g300n/buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-MULTI.bin

3) ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/10-09-2015-r27944/buffalo_whr_hp_g300n/whr-hp-g300n-firmware-MULTI.bin

(I think the second one can in turn already be done through the web interface, I'll have to recheck their manual.)
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you can get the first 2 steps you'll be fine, no need for the 3rd step then. The buff to dd-wrt file has a fully functional dd-wrt in it, you'll only have to use the whr-hp-g300n-firmware-MULTI.bin when upgrading to a newer or older dd-wrt build.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
commodore
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I hope the blinkenlights issue was also fixed along the way.
Is any hard reset (like 30-30-30) still needed after step 1 or 2?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not to my knowing, most times i do a 30-30-30 is when i'm about to put a unit into production and want to make sure its in a clean config mode. So i'd say at the end of it, before you put it in production for use, you could 30-30-30 just to make sure you are configuring from scratch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: