Linksys WRT1900AC/Marvell support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I don't think you can telnet into the router with stock firmware running.

That's right. You can use the special status cgi page to see which boot partition you're currently using for the stock firmware, but no telnet for stock firmware:

192.168.1.1/sysinfo.cgi

Is the special status page URL assuming the IP address of your router is 192.168.1.1.

When you flash the dd-wrt .img file it will go into the other boot partition.

If you have both Linksys stock and dd-wrt firmware flashed, and you're using the stock firmware and want to switch to the dd-wrt firmware, just use the "switch to former firmware" setting. I think it's over in the diagnostics page, but I don't have the WRT-1900AC up at the moment, so I can't look at the stock firmware admin interface.
Sponsor
viking2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrDoh wrote:
Malachi wrote:
I don't think you can telnet into the router with stock firmware running.

That's right. You can use the special status cgi page to see which boot partition you're currently using for the stock firmware, but no telnet for stock firmware:

192.168.1.1/sysinfo.cgi

Is the special status page URL assuming the IP address of your router is 192.168.1.1.

When you flash the dd-wrt .img file it will go into the other boot partition.

If you have both Linksys stock and dd-wrt firmware flashed, and you're using the stock firmware and want to switch to the dd-wrt firmware, just use the "switch to former firmware" setting. I think it's over in the diagnostics page, but I don't have the WRT-1900AC up at the moment, so I can't look at the stock firmware admin interface.

Using stock firmware, and the WRT1200, I can restore the previous firmware at Troubleshooting|Diagnostics.

After installing DD-WRT it will go into Boot_Part=1 (since my stock is in Boot_Part=2). However, if I later upgrade DD-WRT, would that overwrite the stock firmware (so that DD-WRT v1 is in Boot_Part=1 and DD-WRT v2 is in Boot_Part=2)?

Could this be avoided so that newer DD-WRT always goes into Boot_Part=1?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fotek wrote:
Just got this router and it's running well on stock firmware however I have been using DD-WRT on the D-Link DIR-615 for several months now.

What's the current situation with the Linksys, is it stable? Simple flash with no messing around?

Router is used in a very large house with around ten people so needs to be stable and I need bandwidth management.

Cheers.

The wifi driver is still not stable, same applies to openwrt, usually the router locks up after a few days. If 10 people use it, it will probably lock up every day. It is the same problem for all models.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
gufus wrote:
@brainslayer

WRT1900AC(v1)
WRT1900AC(v2)
WRT1200AC

We really need clear instructions on how to flash DD-WRT on these router(s). Smile

Flash the appropriate *.img for your model, after that you can update with the *.bin for your model.

The way it is flashed is the same now on dd-wrt,openwrt and factory.
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
gufus wrote:
@brainslayer

WRT1900AC(v1)
WRT1900AC(v2)
WRT1200AC

We really need clear instructions on how to flash DD-WRT on these router(s). Smile

Flash the appropriate *.img for your model, after that you can update with the *.bin for your model.

So you can be on either boot_part before flashing dd-wrt (both work)?

viking2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
gufus wrote:
@brainslayer

WRT1900AC(v1)
WRT1900AC(v2)
WRT1200AC

So the DD-WRT *.img is applied by doing a (manual) firmware update from the stock GUI.
How is the *.bin applied? Is there an option for this in the DD-WRT firmware GUI (e.g. it uses only *.bin files to update)?
MrDoh
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
viking2 wrote:

So the DD-WRT *.img is applied by doing a (manual) firmware update from the stock GUI.
How is the *.bin applied? Is there an option for this in the DD-WRT firmware GUI (e.g. it uses only *.bin files to update)?

The .bin is flashed only from dd-wrt, to upgrade/downgrade to another firmware version. Just as you would normally flash a .bin firmware image file to go from one version of dd-wrt to another.

You can flash a .bin from the dd-wrt admin GUI. And at least with some dd-wrt versions (I saw this with Kong's firmware) you can flash the .bin firmware image from a router command line ("ddup" command, google it *smile*). The router command line flashing (ddup) is pretty versatile, with several useful options, including downloading the new version and md5 checksumming the .bin before flashing.
x5Liam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, I'm still having the same issues since the last post I made, where the max rate for the 2.4ghz band stays stuck at 7.2 mb/s no matter which AP I connect to. And the 5ghz stays at 15 mb/s. Is there a fix or solution for this?
grillovillegas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
x5Liam wrote:
Hey guys, I'm still having the same issues since the last post I made, where the max rate for the 2.4ghz band stays stuck at 7.2 mb/s no matter which AP I connect to. And the 5ghz stays at 15 mb/s. Is there a fix or solution for this?

Even thought it show that speeds seems that 5Ghz its working fine , the problem Is 2.4Ghz it does not have the full throughput , sometimes Wireless 5Ghz disappears have to restart the router or change on and back settings to make it come back.
viking2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 18:29    Post subject: Switch back to stock? Reply with quote
If I have DD-WRT in the current partition and the stock on the other, how do I switch back to stock?

Is there a similar option in the DD-WRT GUI that lets me "restore the previous firmware" (at Troubleshooting|Diagnostics in stock) or is Telnet the only way to do it?
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 19:57    Post subject: Re: Switch back to stock? Reply with quote
viking2 wrote:
If I have DD-WRT in the current partition and the stock on the other, how do I switch back to stock?

Is there a similar option in the DD-WRT GUI that lets me "restore the previous firmware" (at Troubleshooting|Diagnostics in stock) or is Telnet the only way to do it?

Try this.

Telnet or SSH into the OS

Check to see what partition your on, run this command

ubootenv get boot_part

If it says "1" change to partition "2", run this command

ubootenv set boot_part 2

then run this command

reboot

You should be back using the linksys f/w

BTW

You should be able to do it from dd-wrt UI too.

via commands

viking2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 20:13    Post subject: Re: Switch back to stock? Reply with quote
gufus wrote:
viking2 wrote:

Try this.

ubootenv get boot_part

ubootenv set boot_part 2

then run this command

reboot

BTW

via commands

Thanks. From previous posts, I knew this was one way to do it (i.e. using Telnet). I was just wondering if there was an option in the DD-WRT firmware GUI to switch (like in stock). I guess not.

Thus, to switch back and forth between DD-WRT & Stock;
1. From DD-WRT back to Stock: Use Telnet
2. From Stock back to DD-WRT: Use Stock GUI command (button)

(assuming that DD-WRT is in one boot partition and stock in the other)
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 20:18    Post subject: Re: Switch back to stock? Reply with quote
viking2 wrote:
gufus wrote:
viking2 wrote:

Try this.

ubootenv get boot_part

ubootenv set boot_part 2

then run this command

reboot

BTW

via commands

Thanks. From previous posts, I knew this was one way to do it (i.e. using Telnet). I was just wondering if there was an option in the DD-WRT firmware GUI to switch (like in stock). I guess not.

Thus, to switch back and forth between DD-WRT & Stock;
1. From DD-WRT back to Stock: Use Telnet
2. From Stock back to DD-WRT: Use Stock GUI command (button)

(assuming that DD-WRT is in one boot partition and stock in the other)

Again

You should be able to do it from dd-wrt GUI too.

via commands

commands is a Command shell too (same as Telnet or SSH)

viking2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 20:53    Post subject: Marvell WiFi Driver? Reply with quote
It appears that the poor OpenSource Wifi driver from Marvell is causing the Wifi to disconnect. This is not the case for the closed source WiFi driver that Linksys is using in Stock.

Does anyone know if Marvell is working with anyone (e.g. at DD-WRT and/or OpenWRT) to try to fix the driver and is there any ETA for the next release?
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrDoh wrote:
gufus wrote:
So it looks like no one is interested in using DD-WRT on their WRT1x00AC.

I may test drive DD-WRT some day.

This thread is dead.

That's definitely not true of me, but I'm not going to waste my time with it any more until a wireless driver comes from Marvell that makes it worth my time. I've already spent quite a bit of time testing dd-wrt releases for the WRT1900AC because I want it to work.

Go ahead and try it, no harm in that, but don't expect better stability than OpenWRT.

With some tweaks openwrt works well, wifi too Smile

Using username "root".
SSH implementation OpenSSH 6.8
Authenticating with public key "imported-openssh-key"

BusyBox v1.23.2 (2015-07-24 23:41:29 CEST) built-in shell (ash)

OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05
Security is enabled, and your IP address has been logged.

root@AC1900M:~# uptime
14:43:02 up 4 days, 23:49, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.04
root@AC1900M:~#

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 152, 153, 154  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 62 of 154
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: