Rosewill RNX-N300RT v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
gaganji
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 15:54    Post subject: Rosewill RNX-N300RT v2 Reply with quote
Hi there,

I was trying to install the RNX-N300RT DD-WRT firmware, but I was getting an error.

Is it cause the firmware presently supported is for RNX-N300RT v1, and I bought RNX-N300RT v2 (even though that distinction isn't made on the DD-WRT website).

So, I was confused.

Thank you.
Sponsor
lordcy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:09    Post subject: bump Reply with quote
I'm also getting an error code

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

Is there a factory_to_ddwrt firmware for the RNX-N300RT Ver:2.0.0. It appears the version 1 firmwares are not working via the web gui. Please advise. Thanks.

LordCy
lordcy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 0:36    Post subject: the inside's Reply with quote
So I opened this device up and it appears to be a mix of the TP-Link TL-WR841N v8 and v9. The CPU is an Atheros AR9341-DL3A, the flash chip is a Spansion FL032PIF, and the RAM chip is a Winbond W9425G6JH-5. I have pictures of the chips if that would help. I would like to put DD-WRT on this if possible. Can someone assist? Thanks.

LordCy
lordcy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:35    Post subject: Success!!! Reply with quote
I was able to flash my Rosewill RNX-N300RTv2 with the latest version of DD-WRT (tplink_tl-wr841ndv8 r27805). Basically after reading through some OpenWRT forums, I saw someone had this program called TP????????.exe (firmware hw id modifier). I downloaded it from a website (google) and used that program to change the header of the factory-to-ddwrt.bin file with the header of the original firmware for this device from the Rosewill website. I'm uploading this file as an attachment. Hopefully this will help others who were in the same boat as me. Thanks.

LordCy
willyghost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Lordcy thanks ! It worked !
lordcy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 14:56    Post subject: Serial Connection and debricking Rosewill RNX-N300RTv2 Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread but just in case someone was wondering how to put the serial connection on this device please see below. I accidentally bricked one of my routers copying the wrong version of DD-WRT on it. I bought this cable USB-to-Serial Cable: 3.3V TTL, 6 Bare Wires http://microcontrollershop.com/product_info.php?cPath=407_414&products_id=2561, attached black to ground on the picture, orange wire is TX which connects to RX on board, yellow wire is RX which connects to TX on board. From there I followed the instructions from this link at TFTP install/recovery via serial https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd using V8 which is basically this router and was able to put the new image via tftp. Hope this helps someone out. Thanks.

LordCy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: