TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
greenwrthorn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hay guys, I just thought I should inform you of the info I have received from Tp-Link customer service. They said that the R&D team are working on a VPN server which should be coming in the next firmware updates or so. I dont know if it not something that some of you want but its what I need.
Sponsor
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
greenwrthorn wrote:
Hay guys, I just thought I should inform you of the info I have received from Tp-Link customer service. They said that the R&D team are working on a VPN server which should be coming in the next firmware updates or so. I dont know if it not something that some of you want but its what I need.

That will be awesome if it is client side, all the factory firmware VPN software I have seen has been to connect to the router from outside the home network, not to connect the router to VPN provider like Privateinternetaccess.com for example.
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
hachiroku wrote:
ok so....

every version of DD-WRT i've tried on my router has become unresponsive or frozen after a few hours to a day.

help please...

Maybe this is a Last in First Out situation- do you think your lockup issues have anything to do with installing entware on your router?

my router has been running non stop for almost 30 days now and even though it's just an AP, it's wifi gets heavily used.

so asked my brother how his TP-Link TL-WDR4300 is running...same response. SLOW, lock ups, etc.

my Linksys E3000 same story with DD-WRT. is it a configuration issue? factory firmwares don't seem to have this issue. with my Linksys since I was the only user, it would only lock up every 2-3 days requiring a hard reboot.

always the same situations. wifi/lan slows to a halt. webgui not accessable. If I wait it will sometimes clear up but that could take 5-20 minutes. most of the time it will not recover.

the Archer C9 actually recovers its data movement over time. the router will slow to a halt for a good 5 minutes pushing 14.4k speeds then peak, then slow down. sometimes it will recover and be as good as new, other times it will continue to run at 14.4k for 10-15 minutes then clear up. usually by that time I've become frustrated and hard reset the router.

i'm scared to run a P2P app as this will cripple the router as seen in the past on other routers.
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't been following this, but just so it's out there, I'm on the May 7, 2015 build on my C9 and it has an uptime of 115 days. The only issue I have with it is that it won't keep smb service running, but that's the only issue. maybe they've fixed it but as you can see I haven't updated it.
imy3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
imy3 wrote:
I just bought C9 which is on its way from bestbuy. It is going to replace E4200 running dd-wrt. My issue with E4200 is I am not getting good signal as well unstable connection in some rooms at my place. There is also other neighbors router signals not helping the situation. So I have read a lot of good things about the C9, especially signal strength and speed and that is why decided to go with it.

Reading this thread it seems many are having issues with dd-wrt on C9. There is not a good consensus on a good build although 27435 seems to be one of better builds. Also some have speed issues after installing dd-wrt and OEM FW seems to give more speed.

I am not looking for a lot of speed just good signal, reliability and then speed. I have Uverse and my speed is only 18Mbs so ultra high transfer rate is not critical. So I am on the fence on installing the dd-wrt since reverting back to OEM is also a challenge. So my questions are:
Which of OEM FW is best? if I decide to not put dd-wrt for the moment.
What dd-wrt is recommended for my situation?

Btw, I noticed that C9 V2 is available, anyone knows any details on differences from V1, the website link is here
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V2.html

Replying to my own message, got the C9 yesterday and now running off the latest TPLINK FW. It is running decent and I am able to reach location where dd-wrt loaded E4200 could not. Only issue is that OEM FW does not have all the dd-wrt options.
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
gaetawoo wrote:
I haven't been following this, but just so it's out there, I'm on the May 7, 2015 build on my C9 and it has an uptime of 115 days. The only issue I have with it is that it won't keep smb service running, but that's the only issue. maybe they've fixed it but as you can see I haven't updated it.

how heavy of a user are you guys. currently i have Mediaportal recording amd streaming a 4 tuner cablecard tuner to 2 other screens. 6 phones/tablets and 3 laptops. additionally i have people jumping on and off thr WiFi. also 2 PS4's and 1 PS3.

we all alsp stream music through various sources and VPN into work. don't forget Netflix and YouTube. oh and Skype and iphone video calls.

also my samba never works either. lists as Stopped with every version I've installed on my router.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
have you considered that if you have the same issues on different routers running dd-wrt, it;s either what you are doing that;s unique and different from the average user on dd-wrt or it;s dd-wrt. given there are thousands of successful installs of dd-wrt, if there was a widespread problem there would be more complaints and nobody would be using it.

try eliminating the services and behavior that might be unique to your network and add them back one by one til you find the source of your issue. Another possibility, the router that does all you want doesn;t exist yet!

as for my C9, it had an uptime of about 50 days recently. had to reboot because one of the smb shares i created became read only for windows clients.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095

Last edited by madman999 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 14:45; edited 1 time in total
greenwrthorn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrispa6e wrote:
greenwrthorn wrote:

That will be awesome if it is client side, all the factory firmware VPN software I have seen has been to connect to the router from outside the home network, not to connect the router to VPN provider like Privateinternetaccess.com for example.

hay, no its only a vpn service, but im not sure if there is already a vpn pass through or not? But if they will add a vpn server then they might also add a vpn client? Sorry for all the speculation, but all I know for sure is that a vpn server (to connect to the C9 from out side will be added)... and that is what I asked them to add.
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
have you considered that if you have the same issues on different routers running dd-wrt, it;s either what you are doing that;s unique and different from the average user on dd-wrt or it;s dd-wrt. given there are thousands of successful installs of dd-wrt, if there was a widespread problem there would be more complaints and nobody would be using it.

try eliminating the services and behavior that might be unique to your network and add them back one by one til you find the source of your issue. Another possibility, the router that does all you want doesn;t exist yet!

as for my C9, it had an uptime of about 50 days recently. had to reboot because one of the smb shares i created became read only for windows clients.

well you are correct...but I've done most of that in the past. generally what usually causes the router to come to a halt is what I think, multiple open connections. when I lived alone the only services I would use was Netflix and basic web browsing being the only user. the router would halt at 2-3 days uptime. sometimes I would wake up in the morning having just had a perfectly working router the night before not work. during that time pretty much zero traffic was generated.

I've dropped my IP filter settings and downgraded to r26854 (05/07/15)

Maximum Ports: 16384
TCP Timeout: 600
UDP Timeout: 30

probably going to setup RFlowcollector as well to output traffic data. same with syslog and log to output syslog/log to workstation. do you have any suggestions for other tools to output logs

hopefully this helps.
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow...i have to say this is the longest uptime as of yet!

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/07/15) std
Time: 20:42:22 up 20:41, load average: 2.93, 3.23, 3.41

will report back tomorrow with further results!!!
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
gaetawoo wrote:

Thank you so much!

up 1 day, 10:35, load average: 4.77, 4.77, 5.14

but...my Web interface was dead this morning. had to SSH in and restart it. not sure what happened there?

EDIT:
uh yes and 5 minutes later WebGUI was down again. had to SSH in again to restart.

if this is going to be my only issue with this version of the software I'll settle. i'd rather have a WebGUI which keeps failing vs a router that is frozen.

Last edited by hachiroku on Thu Sep 03, 2015 18:04; edited 1 time in total
Heinzek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
On my Archer:
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27600 std (08/11/15)
Time: 19:45:17 up 5 days, 23:46, load average: 0.19, 0.16, 0.18

I have running oscam on this router.
juvestruga
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Friends, I'm sorry if im writing in wrong place, but bought a c9 archer yesterday and froze 3 times, and now froze forever. All lights are on. I can not reset the router, i disconnected of power and nothing, the reset does not work (by pressing for 10 seconds and dropping)

I did not update the firmware ... I do not know what firmware is on it.

Help me please.
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
juvestruga wrote:
Friends, I'm sorry if im writing in wrong place, but bought a c9 archer yesterday and froze 3 times, and now froze forever. All lights are on. I can not reset the router, i disconnected of power and nothing, the reset does not work (by pressing for 10 seconds and dropping)

I did not update the firmware ... I do not know what firmware is on it.

Help me please.

If it's bran new then return it with proof of purchase before messing around with it or taking it apart.

If it is second hand you could try following the guide in this thread_ http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283784&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 to return it too factory settings using USB to UART serial.
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
hachiroku wrote:
gaetawoo wrote:

Thank you so much!

up 1 day, 10:35, load average: 4.77, 4.77, 5.14

but...my Web interface was dead this morning. had to SSH in and restart it. not sure what happened there?

EDIT:
uh yes and 5 minutes later WebGUI was down again. had to SSH in again to restart.

if this is going to be my only issue with this version of the software I'll settle. i'd rather have a WebGUI which keeps failing vs a router that is frozen.

Router froze at almost two days of uptime. froze in the middle of the night. then froze again 10 hours after reset. Sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: