Special Firmware

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
Nessun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:02    Post subject: Special Firmware Reply with quote
I have noticed there is not alot of difference in the special firmware and the regular one, not that I am complaining I and planned to donate some money in the first place to keep this operation going so I figured I would pick up the special copy and look at donating some more as well.

Anyways a suggestion I was thinking that might be cool is if the special version had some more features the public one doesn't. I am not positive of what all could be added that is not already there but something that Tomato firmware does in which I really like is:

http://www.polarcloud.com/img/tbc.png

A built in bandwidth chart. I currently have mine setup using mrtg and cacti both but it would be cool to have it all built into the router. Anyways thanks for the great product and it is just a suggestion.
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
such a bandwith graph is under development but i plan to introduce it for all distributions. but i will think about your suggestion to make this only available for special users. maybe. maybe not. i dont have to get too much hate from free users

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those who pay should always receive more than those who do not. If not then what is the point of selling something? Your basically selling us something we can get free? Thats not very fair or nice....
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
rjmjr69 wrote:
Those who pay should always receive more than those who do not. If not then what is the point of selling something? Your basically selling us something we can get free? Thats not very fair or nice....

You don't have to buy anything, remember? Also one can buy and/or donate money here just because the product is already so awesome.
rjmjr69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your right I dont but I chose to purchase something SPECIAL ADVERTISED AS SO BY A COMPANY where not talking making donations to someone when you send payment to a COMPANY and being such I think we deserve more and if we dont get something more than I'll be sure to make some noise about it. I dont like being RIPPED off not at all.
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are also said on the DD-WRT shop

"Special DD-WRT standard/micro distribution which adds PPPOE-Relay (only in standard) and Per User Bandwith Control"

so there have been stated what do you get when you pay, and you have got them too, so what are you complaining about?
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
such a bandwith graph is under development but i plan to introduce it for all distributions. but i will think about your suggestion to make this only available for special users. maybe. maybe not. i dont have to get too much hate from free users

Any news on the graphs? Maybe you can make a deal with the author from Tomato since the one working on it has quit?
Users are waiting on this new neat feature (including me Rolling Eyes).

Donater
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: