TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:59    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
I had DDWRT running on CISCO E4200 for years so stable. Find it very flaky on Archer C9.

chrispa6e wrote:
andyrav wrote:
Hi
Running DD-WRT v3.0-r27734 std (08/24/15) on my TPLINK Archer C9 and the Wifi is really poor, and something just stops working. 1 minute i get download 100mb+ next 1mb.
any ideas?

Try different channels, also, I had better results with the 2.4GHz rather than the 5GHz after dd-wrt installed and I found I had to restart after a day or so to get the speeds back up, must be a memory leak or some such.
Sponsor
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:05    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
I had DDWRT running on CISCO E4200 for years so stable. Find it very flaky on Archer C9.

Yeah same, I had a Linksys E1200 and never had any issue, was even able to update once heart bleed was made public and that was only a third the price of the Archer C9.
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
hope they can fix the problems, as only put ddwrt on becuase i like YAMON reporting

chrispa6e wrote:
andyrav wrote:

Yeah same, I had a Linksys E1200 and never had any issue, was even able to update once heart bleed was made public and that was only a third the price of the Archer C9.
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:31    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
hope they can fix the problems, as only put ddwrt on becuase i like YAMON reporting

I use Open VPN feature. I get the impression no one is actively working on this router. I'd be curious to know which build they are using in the C9's being sold on flashrouters.com, only one review and, it's a good one?. No mention of any of the issues I have experienced.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
with regards to the 5G wireless, try running the router first with all the defaults first. unless you live in a really congested apartment building, it;s possible that alot of the "special features" that look like they are available in this router aren;t really implemented. the important thing is getting a stable and reliable connection first.

brain dead moment for me, out of habit, i chose to hide my 5g ssid and couldn;t get any devices connected to it. unhid it an everything has been pretty solid for about 2 months now.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok so....

every version of DD-WRT i've tried on my router has become unresponsive or frozen after a few hours to a day.

help please...
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
same here
just trying
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27745 std (08/25/15)

so far up time 11 hours

hachiroku wrote:
ok so....

every version of DD-WRT i've tried on my router has become unresponsive or frozen after a few hours to a day.

help please...
SunnyP
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't remember which version I was running prior to this but since I flashed
DD-WRT v3.0-r27413 (06/22/15) std
it's been rock solid.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
hachiroku wrote:
ok so....

help please...

Maybe this is a Last in First Out situation- do you think your lockup issues have anything to do with installing entware on your router?

my router has been running non stop for almost 30 days now and even though it's just an AP, it's wifi gets heavily used.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.

chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
Maybe this is a Last in First Out situation- do you think your lockup issues have anything to do with installing entware on your router?

So what your saying is the latest builds have Entware and earlier builds don't? I didn't realize you could add and remove features from dd-wrt, is there a list of packages somewhere? And does that mean we can remove them also?
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
no, Entware is something the OP installed on a USB stick on his own. just stabbing in the dark since he didn;t exactly give any details of his issues.

Basic troubleshooting, either start with defaults or a configuration that is known to work and go from there. For some of you, that means maybe even going back to stock if possible just to ensure you didn;t receive a "lemon".

Common F.A.Q.

gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrispa6e wrote:
andyrav wrote:

I use Open VPN feature. I get the impression no one is actively working on this router. I'd be curious to know which build they are using in the C9's being sold on flashrouters.com, only one review and, it's a good one?. No mention of any of the issues I have experienced.

OpenVPN client works very well in the last 3 builds for
me and wifi is improving with each build.

All builds have been rock solid on my C9, never had a problem.
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
entware isn't the cause as currently i'm not loading anything.

to be honest EVERY time i've installed DD-WRT from way back in the linksys wrt days i've had the same issue.

generally its caused because to many connections occur over time and only a hard reboot fixes it. in this case i'm not 100% its due to connections. usually when I come home from work the router is frozen or working slower than a 14.4k modem. while at at home, pretty much no data is moving across the network.

in this case of slowdown due to connections i've modified the IP Filter settings which retain connections as seen here which hasn't seemed to help.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown
TCP Congestion Control
Maximum Ports: 32768
TCP Timeout: 600
UDP Timeout: 30

at the moment i am not running any P2P applications, but when I plan to generally the router will slow down and eventually lock up easily within 2 minutes in the past on my Linksys WRT router. if i am able to connect to the admin screen of dd-wrt all information screens show good. i have yet to telnet in and pull any data though.
devilabit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:45    Post subject: Wireless TX power Reply with quote
I have been playing around with the wireless settings without much success, max speed im seeing is 140-150Mbps. One thing I noticed is that the TX power is not reporting correctly and I was not able to change this from the command line.

Code:

root@DD-WRT:~# wl -i eth1 txpwr1
TxPower is 127 qdbm, 31.75 dbm, 1496 mW  Override is Off
root@DD-WRT:~# wl -i eth2 txpwr1
TxPower is 127 qdbm, 31.75 dbm, 1496 mW  Override is Off
imy3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought C9 which is on its way from bestbuy. It is going to replace E4200 running dd-wrt. My issue with E4200 is I am not getting good signal as well unstable connection in some rooms at my place. There is also other neighbors router signals not helping the situation. So I have read a lot of good things about the C9, especially signal strength and speed and that is why decided to go with it.

Reading this thread it seems many are having issues with dd-wrt on C9. There is not a good consensus on a good build although 27435 seems to be one of better builds. Also some have speed issues after installing dd-wrt and OEM FW seems to give more speed.

I am not looking for a lot of speed just good signal, reliability and then speed. I have Uverse and my speed is only 18Mbs so ultra high transfer rate is not critical. So I am on the fence on installing the dd-wrt since reverting back to OEM is also a challenge. So my questions are:
Which of OEM FW is best? if I decide to not put dd-wrt for the moment.
What dd-wrt is recommended for my situation?

Btw, I noticed that C9 V2 is available, anyone knows any details on differences from V1, the website link is here
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V2.html
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: