Serial Recovery Problem, weird characters on console

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC basierende Hardware
hullabaluh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 23:37    Post subject: Serial Recovery Problem, weird characters on console Reply with quote
Hello everybody

I know, several people had that issue and the problem was the console not properly connected. I checked the bit rate (baud), the settings to picocom/putty are 115200, 8n1 and I think my soldering is correct. The same settings under windows for the serial port.

I have a Prolific USB to Serial converter attached (so nor probelm with the 5.5V I think) and the soldered three cables between the converter and the router are : GND (Pin5 on RS232 connector) to GND (contact 5 on router mainboard), RX (Pin 2) to TX (contact 2) and TX (Pin 3) to RX (contact 3).

I don't find my error. Could anyone please give me a hint?

Thank you very much!
Aurel

P.S. I already have a new router but I'd like to fix that one in case I break the new one too Wink (Asus RT-AC68U).

20150818_005_2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  175.25 KB
 Viewed:  5502 Time(s)

20150818_005_2.jpg

Sponsor
hullabaluh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 13:58    Post subject: Done :-) Reply with quote
Hello there

I ordered a special USB2Serial cable for 3.3V. Either my soldering was terrible before or the cable did the trick.

My WRT610N v1 works again perfectly...

Kind regards
Aurel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC basierende Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: