TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
sergey1977
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
it is possible to flash dd wrt firmware from C9 to С8
Sponsor
hachiroku
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
i've successfully installed Entware onto my USB drive.

steps provided here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=285133

one issue is after removing my drive the router still thinks it is connected and keeps updating USB tab of DD-WRT with mount of swap space to swap, hundreds of repeating lines stating that its being mounted to swap. at the moment no drives are connected to the router. when i first setup entware onto the USB drive, DD-WRT auto mounted the drives to the correct locations /opt /jffs.

Disk Info
Diskspace /jffs
2%35.2M / 1.8G

Diskspace /opt
2%43.4M / 1.8G

Diskspace /jffs
2%35.2M / 1.8G

/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap

EDIT:
forced reboot from admin menu fixed this imaginarily mounted drive.

i'd still like to know if it is possible to unmount without doing a full reboot.
hachiroku
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anybody had wifi issues with newest release r27600 or prior? seems this one and the one previous over time would cause the wifi to become unable to connect. i still see the ssid but am unable to connect using any wireless device.
Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
r27600 has been the most stable one for me by far
gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aboshi wrote:
r27600 has been the most stable one for me by far

Not had much time to test, but this r27600 build appears
very good to me.
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
hachiroku wrote:
has anybody had wifi issues with newest release r27600 or prior? seems this one and the one previous over time would cause the wifi to become unable to connect. i still see the ssid but am unable to connect using any wireless device.

I have had a similar experience. Over time speeds were choked right back from 70-100Mbps down and 30-50Mbps up to below 10Mbps both ways, this is wireless and LAN. After reboot speeds came back up. I have reverted both of mine back to factory firmware for now. It is a shame we can't get source for Broadcom, maybe we need to start a petition.
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
hachiroku wrote:
was having issues flashing DD-WRT onto my Archer C9.

kept receiving this message:
"Error code: 18001 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the length of the upgraded file is incorrect. Please check the file name. archer c9"

realized after trying for an hour that I should revert my firmware to the oldest factory firmware.

Archer C9_V1_150122
http://www.tp-link.com/en/handlers/download.ashx?resourceid=12475
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V1.html#Firmware

then i was able to install
r27435

I am having a similar issue after reverting to stock from ddwrt. One of my routers is fine and I have upgraded to the latest stock since reverting but the other can't upgrade firmware at all not back to ddwrt or any of the stock firmware available. I get_

Error code: -5533
Error occurred, please try again.

If I look at status it says

Firmware Version:
3.15.27 Build 20141013 Rel.53520n
Hardware Version:
v0

I believe it is this v0 that is causing the issue as it should say ArcherC9 v1 and I have no idea how to fix it.
Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to downgrade the firmware before you can reinstall ddwrt
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aboshi wrote:
You need to downgrade the firmware before you can reinstall ddwrt

It can't be downgraded, none of the stock firmware can be installed, also if you look at the build number you will see it is already earlier than what is available from TP-LINK it is old firmware installed using TFTP but something has gone wrong.
Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check my thread on revert to stock. I have done it quite a few times now. You will need a usb-uart. Just skim the thread I posted links and a tut. You can than another member for the original dumps Smile
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aboshi wrote:
Check my thread on revert to stock. I have done it quite a few times now. You will need a usb-uart. Just skim the thread I posted links and a tut. You can than another member for the original dumps Smile

Yeah I have just been looking on trademe to buy one. (UART)
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:05    Post subject: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
Hi
Running DD-WRT v3.0-r27734 std (08/24/15) on my TPLINK Archer C9 and the Wifi is really poor, and something just stops working. 1 minute i get download 100mb+ next 1mb.
any ideas?
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:13    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
Hi
Running DD-WRT v3.0-r27734 std (08/24/15) on my TPLINK Archer C9 and the Wifi is really poor, and something just stops working. 1 minute i get download 100mb+ next 1mb.
any ideas?

Try different channels, also, I had better results with the 2.4GHz rather than the 5GHz after dd-wrt installed and I found I had to restart after a day or so to get the speeds back up, must be a memory leak or some such.
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:59    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
I had DDWRT running on CISCO E4200 for years so stable. Find it very flaky on Archer C9.

chrispa6e wrote:
andyrav wrote:
Hi
any ideas?

Try different channels, also, I had better results with the 2.4GHz rather than the 5GHz after dd-wrt installed and I found I had to restart after a day or so to get the speeds back up, must be a memory leak or some such.
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:05    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
I had DDWRT running on CISCO E4200 for years so stable. Find it very flaky on Archer C9.

Yeah same, I had a Linksys E1200 and never had any issue, was even able to update once heart bleed was made public and that was only a third the price of the Archer C9.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 72, 73, 74  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 74
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: