Archer C9/C1900 -5533 Error Flashing DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
rboerner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 21:55    Post subject: Archer C9/C1900 -5533 Error Flashing DD-WRT Reply with quote
I tried to install the latest beta (06-27-2015-r27456) to my new Archer C9 (running TP-Link firmware version 3.17.0 Build 20150507 Rel.34590n) and despite ensuring I did the 30/30/30 reset first when I try to flash the web-to-ddwrt firmware I just get this error message:

Error code: -5533
Error occurred, please try again.

I tried again just doing a factory default from the web gui and same failure. I tried from Chrome and Firefox on Linux Mint 17.2. I saw earlier posts about success with 04-01-2015 beta firmware and tried that with the same results.

I don't have the router connected to my cable modem as I just wanted to test flashing without breaking my existing setup. I tried to search the forum for anything similar and could not find anything. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Sponsor
plenty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 23:31    Post subject: Post subject: Can't install on TP-Link Archer C9 Reply with quote
Hey rboerner,
For your first flash, I'd deffo step back a couple of revisions - perhaps r27435 like what I got working.

I'm running Antergos, which is an Arch Linux based distribution, but that shouldn't make any difference.

If you read this, & you've still not managed to flash it with DD-WRT, would you please do us the favour of running a speed test at speedtest.net with the original tp-link firmware so that I can compare it with DD-WRT.

It sounds like you got a firm grasp on the procedure, so I don't think you're missing anything obvious. Do the speedtest, then try r27435, see what happens & report back, yeah?
greenwrthorn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hay rboerner, there are 2 things that I think you are doing wrong.
1) for your first flash from the tp-link firmwear to the dd-wrt firmwear you need to use the "factory to dd-wtt" and not the one you used which was "web to dd-wry"
2) you must do the flash with a wired connection from a LAN port of the router to the equivalent port of your laptop/ computer.
Make sure that your computer wifi is off (so that you know that you are accessing the router via the cable and not accidentally by the wifi).
Make sure the only thing connected to the router is the power cable and the ethernet cable that you will flash it with.

If there is anything I haven't explained well enough ask and I well try to reword. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
rboerner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
greenwrthorn wrote:
Hay rboerner, there are 2 things that I think you are doing wrong.
1) for your first flash from the tp-link firmwear to the dd-wrt firmwear you need to use the "factory to dd-wtt" and not the one you used which was "web to dd-wry"
2) you must do the flash with a wired connection from a LAN port of the router to the equivalent port of your laptop/ computer.
Make sure that your computer wifi is off (so that you know that you are accessing the router via the cable and not accidentally by the wifi).
Make sure the only thing connected to the router is the power cable and the ethernet cable that you will flash it with.

If there is anything I haven't explained well enough ask and I well try to reword. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Thanks greenhorn, I made an obvious error when typing what firmware I tried. I was using the factory-to-ddwrt.bin file, just wrote it down wrong in my original post. I will try the other versions suggested and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for everyone's help!
rboerner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 23:02    Post subject: Re: Post subject: Can't install on TP-Link Archer C9 Reply with quote
plenty wrote:
Hey rboerner,
For your first flash, I'd deffo step back a couple of revisions - perhaps r27435 like what I got working.

I'm running Antergos, which is an Arch Linux based distribution, but that shouldn't make any difference.

If you read this, & you've still not managed to flash it with DD-WRT, would you please do us the favour of running a speed test at speedtest.net with the original tp-link firmware so that I can compare it with DD-WRT.

It sounds like you got a firm grasp on the procedure, so I don't think you're missing anything obvious. Do the speedtest, then try r27435, see what happens & report back, yeah?

I tried the factory-to-ddwrt image of r27435 and got the same error as before:

Error Code: -5533

Could this be because the TP-LINK firmware already installed is the latest revision?
zmcgrew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07    Post subject: Re: Post subject: Can't install on TP-Link Archer C9 Reply with quote
[quote="rboerner"]
plenty wrote:

Could this be because the TP-LINK firmware already installed is the latest revision?

I fixed this issue by downgrading to "Archer C9_V1_150122" on the TP-Link website. It was the oldest version I could find, but after downgrading to that I was able to flash DD-WRT using the factory-to-ddwrt.bin.
SunnyP
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
For rboerner,

When I first flashed to dd-wrt I ended up trying a few different firmware files from April 2015 onwards. Sorry I can't remember which one worked as have upgraded since then.
Hope this helps!
rboerner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 18:01    Post subject: Re: Post subject: Can't install on TP-Link Archer C9 Reply with quote
[quote="zmcgrew"]
rboerner wrote:
plenty wrote:

I fixed this issue by downgrading to "Archer C9_V1_150122" on the TP-Link website. It was the oldest version I could find, but after downgrading to that I was able to flash DD-WRT using the factory-to-ddwrt.bin.

Thanks zmcgrew, I downloaded and then downgraded the firmware to the 150122 version from the TP-LINK website, and then I was able to load DD-WRT r27490.

Thanks for your help!
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
hachiroku wrote:
was having issues flashing DD-WRT onto my Archer C9.

kept receiving this message:
"Error code: 18001 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the length of the upgraded file is incorrect. Please check the file name. archer c9"

realized after trying for an hour that I should revert my firmware to the oldest factory firmware.

Archer C9_V1_150122
http://www.tp-link.com/en/handlers/download.ashx?resourceid=12475
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V1.html#Firmware

then i was able to install
r27435

I am having a similar issue after reverting to stock from ddwrt. One of my routers is fine and I have upgraded to the latest stock since reverting but the other can't upgrade firmware at all not back to ddwrt or any of the stock firmware available. I get_

Error code: -5533

If I look at status it says

Firmware Version:
3.15.27 Build 20141013 Rel.53520n
Hardware Version:
v0

I believe it is this v0 that is causing the issue as it should say ArcherC9 v1 and I have no idea how to fix it.
Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to downgrade the firmware before you can reinstall ddwrt
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aboshi wrote:
You need to downgrade the firmware before you can reinstall ddwrt

It can't be downgraded, none of the stock firmware can be installed, also if you look at the build number you will see it is already earlier than what is available from TP-LINK it is old firmware installed using TFTP but something has gone wrong.
Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check my thread on revert to stock. I have done it quite a few times now. You will need a usb-uart. Just skim the thread I posted links and a tut. You can than another member for the original dumps Smile
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aboshi wrote:
Check my thread on revert to stock. I have done it quite a few times now. You will need a usb-uart. Just skim the thread I posted links and a tut. You can than another member for the original dumps Smile

Yeah I have just been looking on trademe to buy one. (UART)
berner132
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I can flash no more firmware. I tried Windows, Linux, browser and four factory firmware. The Cache I have also deleted. Even changing the WRT firmware-based version has not helped. The firmware file is defective. A factory reset was unsuccessful. 30/30/30 unsuccessfull.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
berner132 wrote:
Hi, I can flash no more firmware. I tried Windows, Linux, browser and four factory firmware. The Cache I have also deleted. Even changing the WRT firmware-based version has not helped. The firmware file is defective. A factory reset was unsuccessful. 30/30/30 unsuccessfull.

Flashing the factory.to.ddwrt was only possible by
Code:
archer_c9v1_us-up-ver3-16-28-P1[20141125-rel40179].bin

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: