TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
hachiroku wrote:
was having issues flashing DD-WRT onto my Archer C9.

kept receiving this message:
"Error code: 18001 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the length of the upgraded file is incorrect. Please check the file name. archer c9"

realized after trying for an hour that I should revert my firmware to the oldest factory firmware.

Archer C9_V1_150122
http://www.tp-link.com/en/handlers/download.ashx?resourceid=12475
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V1.html#Firmware

then i was able to install
r27435

I hope page 6 of this thread was helpful for you regarding this issue.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
Sponsor
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 0:28    Post subject: Ethernet light Reply with quote
Does the ethernet light not work on any of the builds? Is there a setting which will make it come on or have I done something wrong?

I'm using this one_ ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-09-2015-r27506/tplink_archer-c9/factory-to-ddwrt.bin
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
hachiroku wrote:
was having issues flashing DD-WRT onto my Archer C9.

kept receiving this message:
"Error code: 18001 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the length of the upgraded file is incorrect. Please check the file name. archer c9"

realized after trying for an hour that I should revert my firmware to the oldest factory firmware.

Archer C9_V1_150122
http://www.tp-link.com/en/handlers/download.ashx?resourceid=12475
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V1.html#Firmware

then i was able to install
r27435

I hope page 6 of this thread was helpful for you regarding this issue.

Sort of...they were kind of not exactly all in one post so I skimmed over it about 3 times before I figured it out from past DD-WRT installs.

one issue i have been having though as documented here. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=978328 Last night plugged in my USB HDD which was working perfectly on my MacBook Air. After plugging into Archer C9, the HD failed.

today coming home from work attempted to connect to the USB 32GB Flash Drive I had installed and working flawlessly, listed as Drives have been Unmounted. no matter what i do, it mounts and unmounts. same with any other USB drives i install. updated to latest firmware r27506 no change.

32gb usb drive was running superb last night for many many hours. now no matter what usb flash drive i install it will mount for a few seconds then unmount.

EDIT:
figured out the issue. when "Use SES Button to remove drives" is enabled it causes the drive to unmount automatically after remounting. maybe the code for this function isn't correctly programmed for the Archer C9? it took me 2 hours of fiddling with firmware version, settings, usb drives, etc to figure that out.
T-bone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:00    Post subject: More support possible? Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Thank you all for your input and also the developers for offering DD-WRT for this router (that is the reason I bought it). Is it possible to have more support for this router in terms of troubleshooting and reverting back to stock?

I know the user base is small for this particular model but lets not forget its one of the TP-Link flagships. Any additional developer involvement is greatly appreciated.

Using dual router setup Archer C9 as main router (and PPPOE to bridged adsl modem) and 1043ND as VPN client to VPN service provider. This means 3 SSIDs and two gateways so some devices go through VPN and some directly to local ISP. Both routers on latest DD-WRT. Both LANs are accessible/visible from-to each other.

BR,
George
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
according to this thread and the hard work of others, these are the only 2 ways to revert back to stock. if you are bricked, you need a usb-uart cable and have to open the unit. atleast 2 people have stated that they were successful.

if you aren;t, atleast 1 person has stated they had success using the built in recovery routine and tftp server

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283784&start=90

there is currently no file that can be flashed from the dd-wrt webgui.

also everyone should note and be fore warned that installing dd-wrt on your router pretty much voids the warranty. It's not guaranteed to make your router "better or faster". this project has been in perpetual beta for over 10 years! it will probably perform slower than stock in both wifi and internet performance because the developers don;t have access to the native drivers. You should only install it if there are some dd-wrt specific features you want to have.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.

madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 15:11    Post subject: Re: Ethernet light Reply with quote
chrispa6e wrote:
Does the ethernet light not work on any of the builds? Is there a setting which will make it come on or have I done something wrong?

I'm using this one_ ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-09-2015-r27506/tplink_archer-c9/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

Ethernet light does not work on mines too.

Common F.A.Q.

chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 23:18    Post subject: Re: Ethernet light Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:

Ethernet light does not work on mines too.

Oh, thank you for reply. Can we put it on the wish list?
I'm getting pretty good wireless speed with todays build_ ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/08-11-2015-r27600/tplink_archer-c9/archer-c9-webflash.bin

sergey1977
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
it is possible to flash dd wrt firmware from C9 to С8
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
i've successfully installed Entware onto my USB drive.

steps provided here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=285133

one issue is after removing my drive the router still thinks it is connected and keeps updating USB tab of DD-WRT with mount of swap space to swap, hundreds of repeating lines stating that its being mounted to swap. at the moment no drives are connected to the router. when i first setup entware onto the USB drive, DD-WRT auto mounted the drives to the correct locations /opt /jffs.

Disk Info
Diskspace /jffs
2%35.2M / 1.8G

Diskspace /opt
2%43.4M / 1.8G

Diskspace /jffs
2%35.2M / 1.8G

/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sdd mounted to swap
/dev/sdb mounted to swap

EDIT:
forced reboot from admin menu fixed this imaginarily mounted drive.

i'd still like to know if it is possible to unmount without doing a full reboot.
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anybody had wifi issues with newest release r27600 or prior? seems this one and the one previous over time would cause the wifi to become unable to connect. i still see the ssid but am unable to connect using any wireless device.
Aboshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
r27600 has been the most stable one for me by far
gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aboshi wrote:
r27600 has been the most stable one for me by far

Not had much time to test, but this r27600 build appears
very good to me.
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
hachiroku wrote:
has anybody had wifi issues with newest release r27600 or prior? seems this one and the one previous over time would cause the wifi to become unable to connect. i still see the ssid but am unable to connect using any wireless device.

I have had a similar experience. Over time speeds were choked right back from 70-100Mbps down and 30-50Mbps up to below 10Mbps both ways, this is wireless and LAN. After reboot speeds came back up. I have reverted both of mine back to factory firmware for now. It is a shame we can't get source for Broadcom, maybe we need to start a petition.
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:05    Post subject: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
Hi
Running DD-WRT v3.0-r27734 std (08/24/15) on my TPLINK Archer C9 and the Wifi is really poor, and something just stops working. 1 minute i get download 100mb+ next 1mb.
any ideas?
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:13    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi and dropping out Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
Hi
Running DD-WRT v3.0-r27734 std (08/24/15) on my TPLINK Archer C9 and the Wifi is really poor, and something just stops working. 1 minute i get download 100mb+ next 1mb.
any ideas?

Try different channels, also, I had better results with the 2.4GHz rather than the 5GHz after dd-wrt installed and I found I had to restart after a day or so to get the speeds back up, must be a memory leak or some such.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: