TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
tdenson wrote:
I wonder if someone could help me connecting a D-Link DSL-320B ADSL modem to an Archer C9 (with DD-WRT). The Archer works fine connected to a cable modem but I am now trying to connect to an ADSL modem as above. The ADSL modem is working fine in that I can connect a computer via a wired connection to it and see the internet, but I can't get anything via the Archer.

You need to set the D-Link modem to 'bridge mode' and do nothing else with the modem, you will lose any connection but just run a cable from a modem lan port
To the wan (internet) port of the C9, Bring up the gui
of the C9 and set it to PPPOE, put your username and password in the C9 (not the modem) set everything else up as normal.

Hook it up and reboot the router, everything should just work,
Sponsor
tdenson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
gigman wrote:
tdenson wrote:
I wonder if someone could help me connecting a D-Link DSL-320B ADSL modem to an Archer C9 (with DD-WRT). The Archer works fine connected to a cable modem but I am now trying to connect to an ADSL modem as above. The ADSL modem is working fine in that I can connect a computer via a wired connection to it and see the internet, but I can't get anything via the Archer.

You need to set the D-Link modem to 'bridge mode' and do nothing else with the modem, you will lose any connection but just run a cable from a modem lan port
To the wan (internet) port of the C9, Bring up the gui
of the C9 and set it to PPPOE, put your username and password in the C9 (not the modem) set everything else up as normal.

Hook it up and reboot the router, everything should just work,

I tried this but I think it didn't work because my Isp (BT) uses PPOA rather than PPOE which the Archer doesn't support
onix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 0:57    Post subject: 1000mW possible Reply with quote
What is the maximum wireless output power, whether reported in dBm or mW. Thanks!
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone had any luck with wifi, it's feeble on both bands of my C9 with latest DD-WRT v3.0-r27506 (07/09/15) std

EDIT: I was wrong under further testing the wifi is intermittent, It just often drops away for some reason.

If it wasn't for the wifi, I would be very happy, for me, it is a very stable build but without the wifi working as it should, I can't use it.

Last edited by gigman on Thu Aug 06, 2015 14:27; edited 1 time in total
mike929
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, at this time there is not a working dd-wrt build for this router? I just got one today.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
what gave you that conclusion? there have been dd-wrt builds working with this router atleast since April.
Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
mike929
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
This very thread. I see people have put on dd-wrt, but then state this or that is not working. Thus the question is " is there a stable build ". I could have possibly missed it.

If possible could you please supply the link. As listed in this forum the C9 does not show up in the TP-LINK router page for dd-wrt (spreadsheet).

Also there are questions of reverting the C9 to back to stock TP-Link firmware. Is that available?

Thanks
Mike
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
read a few pages back of this thread or read the info in my signature.

as for what;s "stable", dd-wrt has been in perpetual beta for years. most features work across all routers, some routers have quirks and bugs. it;s up to you to find the version that works for your situation. my Archer C9 is working well for me with the version I have loaded on it. Even figured out a work around for running Samba-seems to not load automatically.

as for reverting back to the tp-link firmware, it seems to now be possible(as of last week) if you open up the unit and use a serial-uart adapter to flash some user modified files. info about that is contained in another thread specific to that.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.

mike929
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the information.

I see you are using - TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x 27490 STD
How can I find that release? Your link is full of folders and no search function.

Also did you list your work-a-round? Can you provide a link to it?

I saw that you have to get a serial-uart adapter to get back to stock. That might be a bit out of my league, plus it's something extra you have to get.

again, thank you for your time
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-06-2015-r27490/tplink_archer-c9/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

page 3 of this thread has the work around for loading Samba at boot time.

Page 6 I detailed that I had success loading ftp at boot time as well. I use this to dump images from my security camera via ftp.

Common F.A.Q.

Last edited by madman999 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 15:13; edited 1 time in total
mike929
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you sir, I appreciate it/you
gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you have the wifi dropping intermittent in TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x 27490 STD?
One problem appears that development has stalled on this
router.
It 's not possible to select a channel that is the most vacant, just goes to auto and appears to only select a low number in both bands.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
the wifi on my C9 seems to be working well. The range on this device is pretty good. I have my channel set to auto since I don;t have alot of competing routers around me. no issue with drops that I can tell. try 27490 and see if it makes a difference.

Also, unless you are in a severely congested apartment building, try with the defaults first.

Common F.A.Q.

hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
was having issues flashing DD-WRT onto my Archer C9.

kept receiving this message:
"Error code: 18001 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the length of the upgraded file is incorrect. Please check the file name. archer c9"

realized after trying for an hour that I should revert my firmware to the oldest factory firmware.

Archer C9_V1_150122
http://www.tp-link.com/en/handlers/download.ashx?resourceid=12475
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V1.html#Firmware

then i was able to install
r27435
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
what wireless codifying are you guys currently using for maximum throughout?

on the G channel I've set to
AC/N Mixed
channel 36
Width VHT 80+80 Mhz
lower lower

signal is very weak and drops

currently on r27435

EDIT:
fixed signal strength weakness and dropping

changed to
upper upper
channel 161
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: