WDR3600 V1.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
rangaerode
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:22    Post subject: WDR3600 V1.2 Reply with quote
Hi,

I know it may be a repeated question in the forum. I like to get my router upgraded to DDWRT. I was reading the instruction in all the sites. But I'm not able to find the stable firmware version for WDR3600 V1.2 . I have been searching the forum and it looks like there are lots of firmware version available. Can anyone please let me know a stable firmware version ?

Thanks,
Ran.
Sponsor
tractorbot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 15:29    Post subject: r26653 Reply with quote
I just put DD-WRT on my WDR3600 V1.5 with the green lights. I wanted the newest and greatest that was still stable so I tried a whole bunch out. I've settled with r26653. r26839 and latter the wifi lights on the front don't light up for 5GHz. If you look at the change log http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279468 it says r26839 has different drivers and I'm suspicious that that was the problem with the lights.

I wanted a version with IPv6 and one that the lights would actually work and this seems to do it.

I used the factory-to-ddwrt.bin on the router database page, then the r21061 on that same page, and then upgraded to various versions from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/ until I settled on r26653.

The only possible issue there might be is when transfering a file from wifi to wired, I used to get around 70 MBit/sec but it fluctuated alot, now it stays almost exactly at 53 MBit/sec after going to this version from stock firmware. Wired transfers are faster though. With 100 MBit/sec network cards I used to get around 90 MBit/sec, now i see 98.5 MBit/sec.

It also seems that the lights blink at different rates depending on what type of card is connected as well as the speed of stuff going accross. I was transfering from a 100MB connection to a Gigabit connection through the ethernet ports so it was the same speed on each line of actual data transfer but on the gigabit one the light blinks about a 1/3 faster.

Other than that it is super stable, never a dropped connection. Wifi connects faster than it used to. One thing I'm sad about is DD-WRT doesn't have per ip-address readouts of network usage like the tp-link firmware did. There is a 3rd party script that will enable it that I plan to use though. The QOS is what I really switched from stock firmware for and it's nice.
tractorbot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
So the low wireless speed from eariler, I figured out how to fix it, I had to go to Wireless channel width and change it from Full (20 Mhz) to Wide HT40 (20+20 MHz) and now I get about 97 MBit/sec. So r26653 seems completely solid.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
link in sig for more wifi tips/explainations

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: