Configure PPPOE in command line

SnagaDuath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 20:06    Post subject: Configure PPPOE in command line Reply with quote
Hi,

I have multiple PPPOE accounts and sometimes have to switch between them. Since the web gui doesn't allow me to add more than one PPPOE account, I would like to write a script to switch between my accounts easily. However, I can't seem to find a way to configure the PPPOE connection in the command line.

I've tried this:
Code:

nvram set pppoe_username="user"
nvram set pppoe_passwd="password"
nvram commit
stopservice wan
startservice wan

After running those commands, the settings are changed in `nvram show`, but they don't reflect in the web gui, and I'm still connected with whatever previous account I had set up.

Does anyone know how to do this? I've searched a lot, but I can only find tutorials that use the web gui to configure PPPOE.

Thanks
Sponsor
SnagaDuath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm still struggling with this issue. Since my last post I've also tried replacing the /tmp/ppp/options.pppoe file and restarting the wan service, but that file just gets replaced with the old one again...

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: