Linksys e1000 v2 repeater bridge and vap security

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
BokChoyse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:03    Post subject: Linksys e1000 v2 repeater bridge and vap security Reply with quote
Hi at all,

i´m trying to setup the e1000 as a repeater bridge, its all fine, the bridge is working. But i cant get a better encryption then wep get to work for my vap. Encryption for the bridged wifi is wpa, which, due to company policies, I´m unfortunatly unable to change.

Now well i dont really want to go with wep. I probably would if i could hide the ssid and if i could set a mac filter, but these functions both don´t work ether.

So my question is now if somebody knows a build that would work with my setup or if there is a least one where i can hide the ssid and set a mac filter.

I tried these builds so far:

dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small
dd-wrt.v24-26138_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small
dd-wrt.v24-27506_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small

26138 is the one that worked best, vap didn´t work at all in 27506

Thank you
Sponsor
BokChoyse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried 5 or 6 more builds with the same problems. I gave up and installed tomatousb, for the first time in my life. Everything worked straight away. I like dd-wrt, have it on a few routers in the company and i´m satisfied.

Anyway, for this old e1000 its tomato now, thats alright for me too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: