R8000 development

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
-XPTO-
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
-XPTO- wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Then the selected country has no VHT channels.
The channel list comes directly from driver, we just display channels that the driver returns.

With the only version available for the R8000 I cannot apply MAC Addresses on the 2nd 5GHz band. I had to downgrade my network security in order to get it working.

The channels selection on both 5GHz bands is also very, very limited - 3/4 channels available at most.

I wonder if there is any plan for a newer version fixing the existing problems on the R8000 7th March build.

I see the same channels as on stock, and we had that discussion before and the guy who reported this "problem" flashed back and noticed that I'm correct.

Right now my R8000 is in use, I only have this one triple radio unit, I have no asus, d-link etc., although I asked various people companies and so far only netgear and linksys sent something.

Replacing my R8000 with another unit would take some time + in order to test etc. I need to hook it up to serial, first need to configure a replacement unit etc. I don't have that much time right now. The R7000 and LinksysWRT are directly hooked up to me dev machine thus it only takes a few minutes to sync,build,test flash.

In terms of hardware, most users have more routers then I do. Regarding donations, this year I managed to receive enough to buy half a router. LOL

I aso have no special equippment like professional jtag debuggers e.g. lauterbach.

See it like digging a large whole with a shovel, if you have enough time you can do it.
If you have an excavater you can to the same at a fraction of time.

Thank you for your information. I didn't even try to use stock ROM, so I can't really say the channels issues on the latest available build replicate stock's.

What can we, R8000 users, do to help you to help us? Donations could do it? I, myself, am interested in donating for that purpose, just PM me with the details.
Sponsor
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are already running a version of Kong ddwrt on your R8000 then you have his paypal donation at the bottom of the gui.

Donations are probably better; at least for people like me who live in another country.
We cannot ship our routers around the world. He wont get it.
Best to donate the funds and let him acquire a unit locally.
There should be a place in the donation process to put a note. Just indicate it should be for another router or something.
-XPTO- wrote:
What can we, R8000 users, do to help you to help us? Donations could do it? I, myself, am interested in donating for that purpose, just PM me with the details.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
-XPTO-
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
If you are already running a version of Kong ddwrt on your R8000 then you have his paypal donation at the bottom of the gui.

Donations are probably better; at least for people like me who live in another country.
We cannot ship our routers around the world. He wont get it.
Best to donate the funds and let him acquire a unit locally.
There should be a place in the donation process to put a note. Just indicate it should be for another router or something.
-XPTO- wrote:

Thank you! I will look into that later today.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
-XPTO- wrote:

It won't make a difference now, on monday we are moving our datacenter at work to a new location. I have to coordinate that besides managing a few development projects. I have already worked overtime for the last few weeks.

Thus I'm busy for the next couple of months.
tmo1138
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
-XPTO- wrote:

It won't make a difference now, on monday we are moving our datacenter at work to a new location. I have to coordinate that besides managing a few development projects. I have already worked overtime for the last few weeks.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
-XPTO-
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
-XPTO- wrote:

Well, I appreciate your sincerity. I understand that you have other priorities. I hope someday you can take a look at R8000 again and when that happens, please let us know what we can do assist you on that quest.

Thank you.
labo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like I made a right decision of selling my R8000. While still others working on this, I'm not sure it is worth waiting as in few months you will get new routers from netgear.
james1795
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
-XPTO- wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
-XPTO- wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Then the selected country has no VHT channels.
The channel list comes directly from driver, we just display channels that the driver returns.

With the only version available for the R8000 I cannot apply MAC Addresses on the 2nd 5GHz band. I had to downgrade my network security in order to get it working.

The channels selection on both 5GHz bands is also very, very limited - 3/4 channels available at most.

I wonder if there is any plan for a newer version fixing the existing problems on the R8000 7th March build.

I see the same channels as on stock, and we had that discussion before and the guy who reported this "problem" flashed back and noticed that I'm correct.

Right now my R8000 is in use, I only have this one triple radio unit, I have no asus, d-link etc., although I asked various people companies and so far only netgear and linksys sent something.

Replacing my R8000 with another unit would take some time + in order to test etc. I need to hook it up to serial, first need to configure a replacement unit etc. I don't have that much time right now. The R7000 and LinksysWRT are directly hooked up to me dev machine thus it only takes a few minutes to sync,build,test flash.

In terms of hardware, most users have more routers then I do. Regarding donations, this year I managed to receive enough to buy half a router. LOL

I aso have no special equippment like professional jtag debuggers e.g. lauterbach.

See it like digging a large whole with a shovel, if you have enough time you can do it.
If you have an excavater you can to the same at a fraction of time.

Thank you for your information. I didn't even try to use stock ROM, so I can't really say the channels issues on the latest available build replicate stock's.

Probably your best best would be is to see if Brainslayer would like to developer for this router, since he is the only one making changes, updating the drivers and fixing things that tickets are opened for other routers.
Lucio666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont see anything about BS develop FW to Netgear R8000.
So, do I must give up the hope for this router? I have two to use with Wireless Bridge, but I cant do it yet...
labo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please sell your R8000 and save some money as I did.
It is an excellent piece of hardware, but without any commitment from BS or Kong(who gave up), there is no point.
Moreover, I think this forum now fubared. Still there are lot of interest in some old legacy hardwares.
These days the technology swings really fast and product life cycle is getting shorter, hence cheaper.
But the forum in general, stuck with the legacy stuff than the cutting edge products...
There is something wrong somewhere... Only BS can answer.
tmo1138
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
For anyone interested Tathagata did a R8000 update based on 27261

http://myopenrouter.com/download/dd-wrt-firmware-netgear-r8000-based-revision-27261
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
labo wrote:
Please sell your R8000 and save some money as I did.
It is an excellent piece of hardware, but without any commitment from BS or 1. Kong(who gave up), there is no point.
Moreover, I think this forum now fubared. Still there are lot of interest in some old legacy hardwares.
These days the technology swings really fast and product life cycle is getting shorter, hence cheaper.
But the forum in general, stuck with the legacy stuff than the cutting edge products...
There is something wrong somewhere... Only BS can answer.

1. Kong did not give up. according to what i have read in this thread, he has other priorities to take care of. I am sure that he will be coming back to us on this router.

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
tmo1138 wrote:

http://myopenrouter.com/download/dd-wrt-firmware-netgear-r8000-based-revision-27261

Has anyone tried this build? Any comments positive or negative?
anesthetic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
tmo1138 wrote:

i am using it. macthed stock wifi speed. so far so good. only complain is it can't overclock...
tmo1138
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
anesthetic wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
tmo1138 wrote:

i am using it. macthed stock wifi speed. so far so good. only complain is it can't overclock...

How is it for being able to increase TX power?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 30
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: