"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
300oogle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:50    Post subject: hello and help please Reply with quote
My English is bad ... (I use a translator)
received router 6300 V1
the problem is not switched on (green lamp is not lit)
a couple of questions
1) How to connect RX/TX/GND (where to find them on board)
2) you can take and just replace the flash memory of the dead router (factory firmware) on the memory of the receipt of the router (model identical 6300v1)
thank you
Sponsor
charity47
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just mistook my EA6400 for an EA6500 and flashed dd-wrt on it.. Now, after a "factory reset" in the ddr-wrt menu I am back to the original firmware, but it is behaving weirdly and I cannot flash any other firmwares on it any more.
Can anyone provide some help please?

EDIT: have no successfully "bricked" it, cannot log in any more, just keeps loading and loading. Where can I get an altered image file?
analogblog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
registered just to say I'd donate for this

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:09    Post subject: Donations to buy a EA6400 Reply with quote
DONATIONS FOR EA6400
ENDED! WE DID IT!

Hi Folks. I've arranged with Sebastian from dd-wrt team for a donation. He said he can almost guarantee a port, since the hardware is very similar to other models already supported. I've suggested donating the money directly to him, but he said they prefer hardware donations. So, I'll take the money and buy this router here:

http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90542750/linksys-ea6400-smart-wifi-router.asp

It's about 80 EUR with shipping. Once we go above this, I'll buy and send it to dd-wrt in Germany.

The Router:

This is to buy a LINKSYS EA6400 (exact same hardware as EA6300v1).
This is NOT to buy a normal EA6300.

Amounts:

You are free to donate any amount, but I suggest a minimum of 10 EUR, in 5 EUR increments (5, 10, 15, 20 EUR, etc). It will take apprx. 8 people to buy the router this way, which give us a good chance. I'll try to return excess money to those who donated more than 10 EUR, see below. Money not returned will be donated to dd-wrt. I won't keep any money whatsoever, on the contrary, I'll donate too.

Money Back:

You can donate any amount. But up to 10 EUR, your money will be used to buy the router and any excess money will be donated to dd-wrt. If you donate MORE than 10 EUR, if there is any surplus money, I'll give it back to you.

Example: many people donated 5 EUR, one donated 10, one 15 and one 20. There is some money in excess. Those first people will get no money back, the 10 EUR guy will get no money back, then the 15 EUR and the 20 EUR guy will get 5 EUR back. There is still money left, so the 20 EUR guy gets another 5 EUR back.

I'll do this in 1 EUR increment. Since I guess there won't be more than 20 people donating, it's manageable. Please try to stick with 5 EUR multiples when donating.

Store:

Computeruniverse.net seems to be the least expensive retailer selling the EA6400 new. If anyone knows of a better/cheaper place, please let me know. Refurbished is ok (if it has a warranty). Used is no good, it may be defective, who knows, it would mess things up a lot! Also, no EA6300v1. The reason is: even if the seller says it is a V1, there is a chance we get a normal EA6300, it would mess things up too.

Deadline:

Let's start with a JULY 31 2015 (int: 31/06/2015) (38 days from now). If we pass the 80 EUR too soon, I'll return here to antecipate the deadline. If we get near the goal (60, 70 EUR) at the end of first deadline, I'll extend the deadline (to no more than 60 days after the first donation, see the fees section) some more and post here. Any donation after the deadline (no matter if we hit the goal or not) will be returned. If we can't hit the 80 EUR even extending the deadline, ALL MONEY WILL BE RETURNED to the donnors (minus fees, if applicable, see below).

Fees:

I won't return any fees collected by Paypal (if any). The fees applicable in my country (Brazil) are: https://www.paypal.com/br/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=pt_BR#exhibit_A
EDIT: it seems I can refund within 60 day and no fees will be charged, so, most likely, I'll return the full amount.

Paypal Account:

My e-mail is alexpp-pobox.com (substitute - with @).
Send me an e-mail with the amount you wish to donate and I'll send you the money request from PayPal.

Donations:

Please tell me your forum name when you donate.
All dates in dd-mm-yyyy format

alexpp - 10 EUR - 22/06/2015
    Onemangang - 10 EUR - 25/06/2015
    minilude - 10 EUR - 25/06/2015
    Razorfishsl - 25 EUR - 02/07/2015
    gameover98 - 10 EUR - 05/07/2015
    xchatter - 10 EUR - 05/07/2015
    Mac*** - 10 EUR - 13/07/2015
    Vas*** - 10 EUR - 14/07/2015
    mcbain2 - 5 EUR (coupon) - 15/07/2015

I'm out of town right now, but managed to buy the EA6400. I'm editing this message later to include all accountability.

Last edited by alexpp on Thu Jul 16, 2015 22:33; edited 6 times in total
Lude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm assuming it has to be from a European seller?

It's $40 Canadian here: http://www.ncix.com/detail/linksys-ea6300-ac1200-wifi-2-4-5ghz-7f-99796-1360.htm
alexpp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lude wrote:
I'm assuming it has to be from a European seller?

It's $40 Canadian here: http://www.ncix.com/detail/linksys-ea6300-ac1200-wifi-2-4-5ghz-7f-99796-1360.htm

Yep. It has to have a German retail. Also, it has to be a ea6400, for the reasons above.
Onemangang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 20:38    Post subject: Donation Reply with quote
Hi,

I'd like donate 10 EUR, but paypal wont let me.
It says something along the lines of

"This user cannot recieve personal payments".

What do I do ?

Regards
alexpp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 21:37    Post subject: Re: Donation Reply with quote
Onemangang wrote:
Hi,

I'd like donate 10 EUR, but paypal wont let me.
It says something along the lines of

"This user cannot recieve personal payments".

What do I do ?

Regards

Please send me and e-mail with the amount and I'll reply with the paypal link to pay. I think it's a paypal limitation in my country.
Razorfishsl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why not just send the cash to Sebastian directly,
why use a 3rd party to take cash, buy product then ship ?

if Sebastian posts his paypal details i'll gladly drop him 30 euro and he can order it himself once the other funds arrive.

The way this is setup , and the fact that PP have blocked the account is worrying
alexpp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Razorfishsl wrote:
Why not just send the cash to Sebastian directly,
why use a 3rd party to take cash, buy product then ship to Germany ?

it's going to incur all sorts of shipping and tax action at the other end.

if Sebastian posts his paypal details i'll gladly drop him 30 euro

I have asked and insisted to send him the money and he would buy the router. It would spare me trouble and also save on paypal fees. But he insisted on receiving the hardware instead. You can ask him directly: hardwaredonation@dd-wrt.com or s.gottschall@dd-wrt.com

I have also tried this with developers BrainSlayer, <Kong>, LOM and redhawk0, having received reply only from redhaw0 (he couldn't help).

Here's my exchange with Sebastian below (emphasis mine):

alexpp wrote:
Hi. Me and some other users from the dd-wrt forum are willing to donate a Linksys EA6400 router (and/or money) to try to get this router supported. Considering german customs and that there are many users willing to participate, maybe it's better to donate the money. If this is the case, how can we identify those payment to be related to this router model?

sebastian wrote:
first its important of this device is available in germany. but on our website you will find also a document which you just need to fill out for german customs to avoid duty payments
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations
just follow these instructions and if worst case, we locally pay for customs. but with this document we wont get charged

alexpp wrote:
Hi Sebastian. I've done some research and found the Linksys EA6400 on this store:
http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90542750/linksys-ea6400-smart-wifi-router.asp
Personally, I don't know this store, but it seems like a big one and delivers in Germany.
It costs about 80 EUR there, with shipping.
So the idea is to me and other members to donate about 10 EUR each and if/when the
80 EUR is reached, you could buy the router directly. We know this is just a donation
and not in any way a guarantee for the firmware to be ported, but we are willing to
give it a try.
Is that ok? If so, how can we identify the payments to be related to this model?

sebastian wrote:
i dont know it, but amazon does deliver it too in germany

for me hw donations are easier to handle. so maybe collect the money on your side and i can guarantee to port it. from the hw specs its very easy to bring this to dd-wrt. since its identical
to other models with similar chipsets

This is the reason I have set up donations like I did. If someone else wants to receive the payments and preferably lives in Germany, I'll be more than happy to handle it to him/her.
minilude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanna post that I've made my donation - 10 EUR this morning, from Canada

Hope whoelses are interested to follow

and thank you Alex for organizing this!

Cool
Mad4potter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is PayPal link? Have you considered a kickstarter? I am having an issue with newest firmware.. Some developer decided it was a good idea to block internal port forwarding on two different ips with different external ports just because they share a common internal port.
alexpp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mad4potter wrote:
What is PayPal link? Have you considered a kickstarter? I am having an issue with newest firmware.. Some developer decided it was a good idea to block internal port forwarding on two different ips with different external ports just because they share a common internal port.

Hi. Yes, I've checked but kickstarter doesn't accept this type of funding. Indiegogo does, but has a $500 minimum.

The paypal link is actually an e-mail paypal will send with an "invoice". Instead of you initiating the payment process, I send you an e-mail with a defined amount (like 10 EUR, for example). That is why I said to anyone interested in donating to send me an e-mail first with the amount.
alexpp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so we're near the amount needed to buy the router. So, I have one question to anyone here living in Germany: do you know this store computeruniverse.net? Is it reliable? Then, I ask to those who donated (or will donate): if nobody knows this store (or someone says it's not reliable), what do you think it's best: to buy there anyway (since it's cheaper at 80 EUR), or to wait for some more money and buy in amazon.de (for 93 EUR)?
pentySVK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44    Post subject: eshop Reply with quote
I am not from germany, but I read same reviews about computeruniverse.net, and it wasnt very good

what about this eshop? http://direkt.jacob-computer.de/wl-router-belkin-linksys-ea6400-ew-ea6400-ew-artnr-1713110.html?ref=103
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: