Support for netgear R6300 / R6300v2 ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
ahtoh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:24    Post subject: Wi-fi does not switch to multi-channel mode when auto Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm using Netgear AC1450 flashed to latest dd-wrt (build no 27240)
I'm still experiencing a problem: when I set the channel to auto, it uses only 1-channel mode
so only 65/72mbit on 2.4Ghz
The same problem on 5Ghz radio.
I already tried to reset settings but it did not help.
Is it normal or it is a bug?
I would prefer that router auto-search for the best channel and keep wide setup enabled.
Sponsor
netguru76
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
It depends on the country Code.
I remember that e.g. austria let you choose channel and so on...
ahtoh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use default settings (US /Regulatory Mode:Off / TPC Mitigation Factor 0)
I'm able to choose the channel, and it works (Wide mode works too)
But this is not what - I want router to choose that channel automatically while keeping Wide Channel Width
sn01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
sn01 wrote:
I was just trying to upgrade to the latest firmware (from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/), and my router won't boot anymore. I had an older kong build from 2014 (can't remember now what it was) already installed. I loaded the dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD firmware. It responds to ping for about 10 seconds after I power it on, but after that it stops replying. I've tried the hard reset 30-30-30, didn't make any difference though.

Is this thing bricked?

You probably need serial recovery.

Hey, I got PL2303HX cable, I've got it hooked up to the R6300v1, I've got video and I can see the modem booting up, but it isn't responding to ctrl+c so I'm guessing I haven't got it wired up correctly. Any ideas? I've tried following this guide here for the pins to connect to, but my PL2303HX cable has different colors so I've guessed the connections (but have tired all possible combinations without any luck).

http://krisbulman.github.io/2015/01/25/Recovering-a-bricked-Netgear-R6300/
wizardknight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 16:52    Post subject: Re: Wi-fi does not switch to multi-channel mode when auto Reply with quote
ahtoh wrote:
Hi,
I'm still experiencing a problem: when I set the channel to auto, it uses only 1-channel mode
I would prefer that router auto-search for the best channel and keep wide setup enabled.

I am having a similar issue with my r6300v2.
If I do a factory reset or erase nvram command I can connect at 866 speeds. As soon as I reboot I get 173 speeds.
I have the same issue with stock firmware as I do with dd-wrt firmware.
For some odd reason a reboot causes it to drop to one channel even when making no changes at all.

Did you find a work around for the issue on your router?
tytalus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:20    Post subject: 5GHz crashes on AC1450 (r27365M) Reply with quote
I bought my AC1450 last October and initially put the burnboardid fix to get DD-WRT going on it. Worked great for about 2 months, then started having weirdness with the 5GHz band. I could disable it and found that the 2.4GHz band was solid when run like that.

Anyways, yesterday I decided to finally get around to resolving the issue, so I loaded up R6300v2 firmware, updated the board ID back to AC1450, and then loaded the AC1450 firmware and went back to DD-WRT via the .chk file. Note that I can't 30/30/30 since that doesn't really work basically ever, however I did perform "Erase" via the Netgear firmwares, and "Restore Factory Defaults" between each new software (both before, and after).

Things were working great tonight, up until I was configuring the 5Ghz band for maximum throughput with my meager N card (N-450). I'm using N-Only, 5.20 Channel, with 20MHz+20Mhz band but reliably within 30 seconds to 30 minutes the 5GHz band stops transmitting and the 2.4GHz band stops accepting connections (though still broadcasts) and any locally connected devices have no internet.

Is this normal? Is there something I can check in my nvram settings to verify there's not some ghost? I really want to love this router, but I think I may just have bad hardware at this point.
jheide44
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 13:59    Post subject: Re: 5GHz crashes on AC1450 (r27365M) Reply with quote
once upon a time i had issues similar to this (might have been known bugs back when the new broadcom drivers came out, early 2015)

If I recall i reverted to stock firmware, then put a DD-WRT back on it... a "fresh" initial flash. Seemed to clear up a my issues. Of course YMMV, I have not tested 27365, etc.

Might also want to check out the erase nvram CLI details here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_R6300v2#NO_30-30-30_Reset_on_BCM4707.2F4708.2F4709_ARM_Devices
(after erasing NVRAM reconfigure manually, do not restore a .bak file)

tytalus wrote:
I bought my AC1450 last October and initially put the burnboardid fix to get DD-WRT going on it. Worked great for about 2 months, then started having weirdness with the 5GHz band. I could disable it and found that the 2.4GHz band was solid when run like that.

Anyways, yesterday I decided to finally get around to resolving the issue, so I loaded up R6300v2 firmware, updated the board ID back to AC1450, and then loaded the AC1450 firmware and went back to DD-WRT via the .chk file. Note that I can't 30/30/30 since that doesn't really work basically ever, however I did perform "Erase" via the Netgear firmwares, and "Restore Factory Defaults" between each new software (both before, and after).

Things were working great tonight, up until I was configuring the 5Ghz band for maximum throughput with my meager N card (N-450). I'm using N-Only, 5.20 Channel, with 20MHz+20Mhz band but reliably within 30 seconds to 30 minutes the 5GHz band stops transmitting and the 2.4GHz band stops accepting connections (though still broadcasts) and any locally connected devices have no internet.

Is this normal? Is there something I can check in my nvram settings to verify there's not some ghost? I really want to love this router, but I think I may just have bad hardware at this point.

_.-:Curently Deployed Devices:-._
Loc_1.0: R6400 -- v3.0-r51887 std (02/28/23)
Loc_2.0: R6300v2 -- Kong PTB 35550M 03-28-2018

Others: too many others to list

R7000 (& similar HW) Tips/Tricks HERE.

Assumptions:
1. Everyone on the forum has read the relevant forum section announcements.
2. For Broadcom section we have ALL at least tried to understand the "Peacock" thread,
HERE
tytalus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 18:25    Post subject: Re: 5GHz crashes on AC1450 (r27365M) Reply with quote
I went ahead and tried another round of Factory Reset (had to do via GUI again, telnet and 'nvram erase && reboot' (and alternatively 'nvram clear && reboot') failed to actually change anything. After the factory reset, I proceeded to reload AC1450_V1.0.0.22_1.0.10, which got into a whole separate thread of fun when the nvram somehow got stuck with what DD-WRT had for values and I couldn't login via the GUI.

I resolved this issue with telnetenable, managed to go get the http_username and http_passwd, which were strange 32 or so length values (indicating it was storing it the way DD-WRT does). However even after logging in with that you would simply get a page couldn't be displayed. After fooling around and TFTP'ing an even earlier build (AC1450-V1.0.0.6_1.0.3), the problem still persisted. I found that I had to telnet in and change the username and password for http back to their default values (admin/password), then you could login and actually get a page.. So afterwards, I cleared nvram via GUI (worth noting that despite several extended attempts via 30/30/30, and the netgear site (wait for on, hold 5-8 secs) that I couldn't clear nvram ANY other way), and loaded DD-WRT again via ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/06-25-2015-r27453/netgear-ac1450/ -- factory-to-dd-wrt.chk.

I'm still seeing odd behavior persist within the unit with regards to only being able to clear nvram via the GUI even in DD-WRT, but I've also gone ahead and did the webflash after the initial flash just to err on the side of safe. I'm hoping after setting everything up again that it holds this time (I never restore backups, just keep a sheet with all my port, statics, etc.).

Thanks again for the help, I'm hoping this holds. I have no idea what to do if it still persists in being a pain, short of replacing it.

jheide44 wrote:
once upon a time i had issues similar to this (might have been known bugs back when the new broadcom drivers came out, early 2015)

If I recall i reverted to stock firmware, then put a DD-WRT back on it... a "fresh" initial flash. Seemed to clear up a my issues. Of course YMMV, I have not tested 27365, etc.

Might also want to check out the erase nvram CLI details here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_R6300v2#NO_30-30-30_Reset_on_BCM4707.2F4708.2F4709_ARM_Devices
(after erasing NVRAM reconfigure manually, do not restore a .bak file)

UPDATE:
After playing with trying to bounce between stock firmware and DD-WRT for another 5 hours yesterday things got really flaky. The 5GHz WL1 will only sporadically appear in DD-WRT and not function at all from within the Netgear stock FW.

Other things I found in this journey: From netgear telnet, you can issue 'erase nvram' and then reboot. For me this functioned to not have to JUST change the http_username and http_passwd since invariably other things were also changed. Additionally from within DD-WRT I found that 'mtd erase nvram' successfully clears nvram for me, where nvram erase, and nvram clear do not. No idea why not. I also found a super handy site where someone discusses this specific router and how they restored it.

http://midnightme.com/2015/03/16/how-to-unbrick-or-fix-a-netgear-ac1450-router/

At this point I've given up on this router and will probably order an R7000 to get the job done. I did also order a $4 USB TTL cable in the hopes that I can somehow do something to repair this router from CFE; with regards to that, does anyone have any tips? Thanks in advance.
ahtoh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:56    Post subject: Re: Wi-fi does not switch to multi-channel mode when auto Reply with quote
wizardknight wrote:
ahtoh wrote:
Hi,

I am having a similar issue with my r6300v2.
If I do a factory reset or erase nvram command I can connect at 866 speeds. As soon as I reboot I get 173 speeds.
I have the same issue with stock firmware as I do with dd-wrt firmware.
For some odd reason a reboot causes it to drop to one channel even when making no changes at all.

Did you find a work around for the issue on your router?

Hi
The workaround for this issue is to manually select a channel setting.
I still in hope this gets fixed for auto channel.
I also submitted a bug on the bugtracker, but it looks like it is dead, no update since long ago
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/bugtracker/view.php?id=4699
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
whats a stable build for R6300V2?

i am using build 26138 recommended in the wiki and wifi is not stable (goes weak/ sometimes looses connectivity).

i have two R6300V2 routers one is configured as AP and other as Repeater Bridge.

i appreciate your inputs!

thanks,
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
nolimitz wrote:

Pretty much all the more recent BS builds have been stable on my R6300V2. I'm currently on the latest build 27453 with up time of nearly 3 days. I've not tried bridging but AP is working fine for me. I have the 2.4G radio set up with manually selected channel and 20Mhz width, too much RF in the neighborhood for anything else. I have the 5G radio set up with 80+80 VHT and manually selected channel. My AC devices connect at 866Mbps when in same room, varies as distance grows.

Features I use and know to work..

DDNS
miniDLNA
Port Forwarding (3 IP cameras)
Transmission
UPnP
WiFi MAC filtering
DHCP with most devices assigned static IP Address (About 25 with at least 10 online at any given time)
SSH
FTP
USB Storage
SAMBA

The only thing I know not to be working is site survey and Wi-Viz.

I've stepped though pretty much all of them although I did manage to skip the one that bricked a few routers a few builds ago. Never any problems with the things I use. I could probably be called a flash-a-holic and don't always follow the if it ain't broken rule. If I did I would probably still be on one of Kongs older builds. Very Happy

Edit: No longer the "latest" build, seems like a new one every other day now. Latest change for Ralink only, I think I'll sit on build 27453 for a while.
ahtoh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I played with transmission today an my usb hdd died Sad
it was portable hdd i pluged into the router, there was i/o error at first, and then it died after I reconnected it.
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
jimfree wrote:
nolimitz wrote:

Pretty much all the more recent BS builds have been stable on my R6300V2. I'm currently on the latest build 27453 with up time of nearly 3 days. I've not tried bridging but AP is working fine for me. I have the 2.4G radio set up with manually selected channel and 20Mhz width, too much RF in the neighborhood for anything else. I have the 5G radio set up with 80+80 VHT and manually selected channel. My AC devices connect at 866Mbps when in same room, varies as distance grows.

Features I use and know to work..

DDNS
miniDLNA
Port Forwarding (3 IP cameras)
Transmission
UPnP
WiFi MAC filtering
DHCP with most devices assigned static IP Address (About 25 with at least 10 online at any given time)
SSH
FTP
USB Storage
SAMBA

The only thing I know not to be working is site survey and Wi-Viz.

I've stepped though pretty much all of them although I did manage to skip the one that bricked a few routers a few builds ago. Never any problems with the things I use. I could probably be called a flash-a-holic and don't always follow the if it ain't broken rule. If I did I would probably still be on one of Kongs older builds. Very Happy

Edit: No longer the "latest" build, seems like a new one every other day now. Latest change for Ralink only, I think I'll sit on build 27453 for a while.

thanks for the reply. i just hope someone can confirm that repeater bridge is working on this build before i flash and reset two routers!
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
ahtoh wrote:
I played with transmission today an my usb hdd died Sad
it was portable hdd i pluged into the router, there was i/o error at first, and then it died after I reconnected it.

I don't believe anything in Transmission would have caused that. I've used a USB powered HD with my R6300v2 with no issues. I didn't have it attached for more than an hour or so though. My best guess is that maybe the router couldn't supply enough power and eventually died?
tytalus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
My USB to TTL cable came today. Note about the one I linked, the chipset appears to be counterfit, so you'll need the older Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version 3.3.2.105 driver to make it work. Not bad for a $4 cable.

Anyways, after clearing nvram things appear to be working well now, it hasn't reboot once. However I do note that in CFE, it reports itself as an R6300v2?

Code:
CFE for Foxconn Router R6300v2 version: v1.0.15

Is that normal? Does anyone else see that in CFE?

Now my conundrum is that I got a clearanced ASUS RT-AC68R from Target for $99.. what to do..? Has anyone had any luck in overclocking our units? My ASUS can go to 1200,800 with only a 3C increase on average.

EDIT/UPDATE:
Since the chip used in the ASUS RT-AC68R and the AC1450/R6300v2 is the same, I went ahead and tried an overclock to 1200,666. Also seems to run about 15C cooler than my RT-AC68R at 1200,800. I've put this as my main router again, waiting to see how stable it is.

EDIT/UPDATE2:
Mini-review of AC1450 vs RT-AC68R
So long as this newly refreshed AC1450 can continue to be stable, I've come to prefer it. My speedtests (speedtest.net) seem to be more consistent despite having worse signal to the router than my RT-AC68R (Merlin 378.54_2). The consistency is never having a result below 100Mbps/15Mbps, whereas with the RT-AC68R I would get ranged from 55Mbps to 135Mbps. The RT-AC68R would do a great job initially with all speed tests, and then anywhere between 1/4 to 3/4 through the test, the speed would start plummeting and mellow out much lower than anticipated. This seemed to happen with the RT-AC68R overclocked and not overclocked.

Being that this AC1450 is running DD-WRT, I'm not missing any features that I use. I've got about 30 clients that connect, and even with two displays showing our baby monitors and the wife watching Netflix I'm pulling consistent results.

Very pleased with my AC1450 again, hoping it stays this way.

UPDATE/EDIT3:

My AC1450 must be defective. Still getting random WL0/1 dropouts, can't correlate a specific cause. Set back to non-overclock, give it anywhere 5 minutes to 1 hour and it's down again. Oh well. Was worth a shot.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 52, 53, 54  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 39 of 54
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: