YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can just imagine Al's response of awww &&^&^&. Razz
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Hey Al, since the update to the organized folders I no longer showed any updates on the web page. After midnight it no longer loaded the hourly file.

I checked and the hourly and mac was being created in the 2015/5 folder and updated regularly.

Checked my config to insure _organizeData=2 was set.

If I copied the mac and hourly from the 2015/5 folder to the top of data then it displayed.

Looks like it is not recursively looking for the current data.

Dave

Did you also change the Path to Data value on the Settings tab in the reports?

Al
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:
Hey Al, since the update to the organized folders I no longer showed any updates on the web page. After midnight it no longer loaded the hourly file.

I checked and the hourly and mac was being created in the 2015/5 folder and updated regularly.

If I copied the mac and hourly from the 2015/5 folder to the top of data then it displayed.

Dave

Al

i know i did..Daniel?

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:

Dave

Al

Since I didn't set a sym link I didn't change the data paths. data/

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
al_c wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:

Dave

Al

Since I didn't set a sym link I didn't change the data paths. data/

Try clearing the Settings...
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cleared the settings, reset everything. No joy.

Shut it all down, set up the symlink to data instead of data2 and turned organize to 0. Cleaned out the /tmp/www folder, restored the records to the top of /data and deleted the 2014 and 2015 folders, reset the web page to data/, hit the go button and all is happy.

I like the symlink.

Dave

NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:

Shut it all down, set up the symlink to data instead of data2 and turned organize to 0. Cleaned out the /tmp/www folder, restored the records to the top of /data and deleted the 2014 and 2015 folders, reset the web page to data/, hit the go button and all is happy.

I like the symlink.

Dave

that didnt fix the organize=2 problem??

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
NiTrus wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:

I like the symlink.

Dave

Just for you I put the 2014 and 2015 folders back in /opt/YAMon2/data, stopped yamon, updated the hourlys and mac in 2015/5, changed organize to 2 and restarted. Yamon proceeded to update the hourly in 2015/5 yet continued to read it for the web page from the top of data. I set it back to 0, restored the latest hourly to data, turned OCD to off, and wrote you this post.

Dave

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
NiTrus wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:

I like the symlink.

Dave

Just for you I put the 2014 and 2015 folders back in /opt/YAMon2/data, stopped yamon, updated the hourlys and mac in 2015/5, changed organize to 2 and restarted. Yamon proceeded to update the hourly in 2015/5 yet continued to read it for the web page from the top of data. I set it back to 0, restored the latest hourly to data, turned OCD to off, and wrote you this post.

Dave

Guys - I was up until way-too-late this AM trying to figure out what was going wrong. I did find & fix a couple of obscure error messages on the router side and found that one alert did not always get dismissed properly in the reports (it does now).

I was effectively doing a completely clean install --> I put the setup directory in to a new folder (and updated config.file appropriately); I emptied the /tmp/www directory and also cleared the localstorage `settings` variable in the router.

I was able to view the reports with the symlink and/or organization data options turned on and off. I did this with my settings stored locally or in the database.

So it is incredibly frustrating that I cannot mimic the same behaviour that you're reporting.

The one important change that I did have to make was to point the `Path to Data` option on the Settings tab in the reports - in particular, it must point to `/data2` if you are using the symlink; otherwise, `/data`.

Does anyone have Firebug enabled in Firefox? If yes, can you invoke it and then send screenshots of the paths that are being loaded via the JSON requests? And any error messages you might see as well.

TIA

Al
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:
NiTrus wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:

I like the symlink.

Dave

Dave

Guys - I was up until way-too-late this AM trying to figure out what was going wrong. I did find & fix a couple of obscure error messages on the router side and found that one alert did not always get dismissed properly in the reports (it does now).

I was effectively doing a completely clean install --> I put the setup directory in to a new folder (and updated config.file appropriately); I emptied the /tmp/www directory and also cleared the localstorage `settings` variable in the router.

I was able to view the reports with the symlink and/or organization data options turned on and off. I did this with my settings stored locally or in the database.

So it is incredibly frustrating that I cannot mimic the same behaviour that you're reporting.

The one important change that I did have to make was to point the `Path to Data` option on the Settings tab in the reports - in particular, it must point to `/data2` if you are using the symlink; otherwise, `/data`.

Does anyone have Firebug enabled in Firefox? If yes, can you invoke it and then send screenshots of the paths that are being loaded via the JSON requests? And any error messages you might see as well.

TIA

Al

one thing i noticed is, and this might not matter, on reboot & using symlink, data2/ & data/ directories get created in /tmp/www..data/ is empty & data2/ has all the files..

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
NiTrus wrote:

one thing i noticed is, and this might not matter, on reboot & using symlink, data2/ & data/ directories get created in /tmp/www..data/ is empty & data2/ has all the files..

If you're using the symlink then the `/data` directory is not used... in fact, it probably shouldn't get created at all.

Thanks for pointing that out... I'd missed it. It should, however, have no bearing on the issues you're seeing.

Al
deanpeak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
NiTrus wrote:

If you're using the symlink then the `/data` directory is not used... in fact, it probably shouldn't get created at all.

Thanks for pointing that out... I'd missed it. It should, however, have no bearing on the issues you're seeing.

Al

Hey Al, A stupid question but if I don't ask I will not get an answer. Symlink... Currently I have data in the /tmp/... www and in opt/...data directory... can I use one of these as for symlink or do I need to create a new directory? If I can use one of these, I simply update the config file and then update the location in the setting on the report?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
deanpeak wrote:

Hey Al, A stupid question but if I don't ask I will not get an answer. Symlink... Currently I have data in the /tmp/... www and in opt/...data directory... can I use one of these as for symlink or do I need to create a new directory? If I can use one of these, I simply update the config file and then update the location in the setting on the report?

When you enable the symlink option in config.file, the script will automatically add a symbolic link for you!

It will create an entry in /tmp/www/ that points back to the actual data files in /opt/YAMon2/data). The script then only has to update the files in that location (and no longer has to `publish` them to /tmp/www/data). I'm still experimenting with the appropriate delay between updates but I 'm seeing a pretty dramatic drop in server loads (often below 10% now).

Al
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't really know what to say except I am satisfied running the symlink without the organized data.

Dave

andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 17:23    Post subject: Re: backup restore Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:
hi
in v2.1.0b when i am viewing the monthly breakdown and go back to a previous interval there is no data?

any idea?

any ideas on this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 72 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: