YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 13:22    Post subject: Re: YAMon 2.1.0b is now available Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
Three new features in this release
1. You can now opt to organize the files within your data directory (so you can have sub-directories for month and/or year)
2. You can `symlink` to the data directory (meaning that you do not need separate copies on your USB drive and in the /tmp/www/ directories).
3. The script now limits you to 24 sendAlert messages per day (the last one being an alert that you've gone over your limit)

#1 & 2 were requested by particular users... sorry for forgetting who deserves the credit for these features.

I've also made a number of changes to how the script keeps internal track of the current/active IP & MAC addresses on the router. Hopefully this'll help to address a number of issues some of you have had over the past year or so.

The latest version of the script can be downloaded from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=887920#887920

As usual, let me know if you have any issues (or new feature requests)... IPv6 is next on the list (honest!)

Al

If you're trying the new `organize` data feature *and* use `_doLocalFiles`, someone just pointed out that I forgot to update the JS files at usage.monitoring.com... please restart the script to get the proper versions of the JavaScript files.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Al
Sponsor
doomedtx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 13:54    Post subject: Changing settings Reply with quote
This might be covered somewhere in the thread, but I didn't find it in a search:

Using 2.0.18d without using the "share settings" database, I changed my data cap from 250GB to 500GB by typing in the number 500. Since I'm not sharing settings I have no save button, but the data seemed to be auto-saved because page 1 showed the usage as a percentage of 500GB.

After restarting the browser, the limit went back to 250GB. I tried several things to make the 500 number persist. What worked was using the arrow buttons in the entry field to set 500 instead of typing the number 500.

Thanks for the script. It's always close enough to my ISP to avoid going over my limit.
kratosvn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
34) You will be asked to confirm everything *remember has to be the same as config file before if

you didn’t modify dont worry* click on the yellow/green check marks then the page will be

refreshed

-------
Why i don't see any yellow/green check marks at all ? Looks like the script is running for me i see the folder /tmp/YAMon-running/ but it is empty inside.
Also the page https://192.168.1.1/user/yamon2.html -> just looks like html page text with buttons ... I can click the buttons but nothing happens.
Any suggestion to troubleshoot it ?
I noticed another thing when first time I run the script:

___ ___ ____ ____ ____
\\\\ //// ///\\\ |||\\\ ///||| ______ __ ___
\\\\ //// ////\\\\ ||||\\\///|||| ////\\\\ ||||/|||\
\\\\//// //// \\\\ |||| \\// |||| |||| |||| ||||/\||||
\\\/// /////\/\\\\\ |||| \/ |||| |||| |||| |||| ||||
//// //// \\\\ |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| ||||
//// //// \\\\ |||| |||| \\\\//// |||| ||||

Yet Another Monitor
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 Al Caughey
All rights reserved.
http://usage-monitoring.com
Launch options:
+ <path to yamon2.sh>
+ <path to yamon2.sh> <path to config.file>
+ <path to yamon2.sh> --help
+ <path to yamon2.sh> --stop

YAMon :: 2.1.0b

* You have started `yamon.sh` without any parameters.
* The script will use the settings in `config.file` in your
* `Setup` directory.
sed: unsupported command *
------
Any ideas "sed: unsupported command *" ??
Appreciate that.
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 18:47    Post subject: Waiting for devices to load Reply with quote
Hi i have installed version 2.1.0b
when i go to the url i am getting
Waiting for devices to load and then a browser msg saying javascript error

Uncaught ReferenceError: users_created is not defined yamon.js:728

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'down' of undefined yamon.js:1293

any ideas?

yam.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  yam.zip
 Filesize:  6.26 KB
 Downloaded:  281 Time(s)

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 19:05    Post subject: Re: Waiting for devices to load Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:

any ideas?

Sorry you're having problems.

To anyone looking for help with issues... Please PM your log files to me (rather than attaching them to a message in this form). The logs contain MAC address which uniquely identify your devices and therefore are useful to hackers.

With that public message out of the way, it sounds to me like your users.js file is either missing or corrupted.

You should find one copy of users.js in /opt/YAMon2/data/ and another in /tmp/www/data... in particular, make sure there is a copy in the latter location.

If no, stop and restart the script... if id does not appear again, check all of the paths and entries in your config.file, set _loglevel=-1 and restart the script again... send me your log file (via PM).

If users.js exists in /tmp/www/data, open the file and examine each line... looking for a missing } or ) at the end of the line. If one of the lines is bad, fix it (in both file locations) and restart the script.

Let me know if this helps

Al
Kasper-pa-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 22:57    Post subject: Re: Waiting for devices to load Reply with quote
andyrav wrote:

any ideas?

I'm getting the same thing day after upgrading to 2.1.0b...

Did you resolve your issue?

EDIT/UPDATE:

So I found the symlink option was turned on by default, I switched it to off, now I get past loading devices and it stalls on loading hourly data...

I do have the users.js file in both locations and seem to have both ) and }
Mizehra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just reinstalled it from scratch and was having issues as above, getting stuck on loading devices, then hourly data once I disabled the symlink option. I resolved the loading hourly data loop by disabling organization of data, after which it loads right up.

Something for you to check on, Al. Smile
infusion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello guys,

First of all, thank you for your work in YAMon2 and your time helping people to use it too.

I have a R7000 (using BS build 25974). Got YAMon2 working despite some modifications that I had to do, since:

1. I had already an USB working in ext2 for use with Transmission, so it was already mounted to jffs. Só I understood that all scripts would have to be changed from /opt to /jffs. That´s what I did.

2. I downloaded "YAMon(2.1.0b).zip" from the first post from this thread, decompressing to /jffs/YAMon2.
Noticed that the files "yamon.startup” and "yamon.shutdown" are not present into Setup folder. I thought that maybe it was going to be created after running "/jffs/YAMon2/Setup/yamon2.sh" for the first time. But that was not the case.
So I have this files missing and I don´t understand what I´m doing wrong...

3. Since I use Transmission, and it eats a lot of my bandwidth, I would like to have the router itself listed on the reports.

Sorry if some of this is covered in the almost 80 pages. I went straight to the tutorial and got it working at least, but now I encountered the problems that I listed above.

Thank you for yout help on this!
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:19    Post subject: Corrupted files after a power failure Reply with quote
On at least two occasions now, the USB drive on my router has been left in a bad state following a power failure.

I've found that users.js and the hourly usage file (and maybe the log) for that date become corrupted... they do not appear in the /opt/YAMon2/data directory and you get an `input/output` error if you try to `cat` or `rm` the files.

Also, if you try to open the reports, you will get a missing file error message.

Having just wrestled through this again, here are the steps I [now] followed to resurrect things: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=968733#968733

I hope this helps. I'll look into what can be done to avoid this issue but other than recommending a UPS, I'm not sure how to really fix this.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
infusion wrote:
Hello guys,

First of all, thank you for your work in YAMon2 and your time helping people to use it too.

I have a R7000 (using BS build 25974). Got YAMon2 working despite some modifications that I had to do, since:

1. I had already an USB working in ext2 for use with Transmission, so it was already mounted to jffs. Só I understood that all scripts would have to be changed from /opt to /jffs. That´s what I did.

2. I downloaded "YAMon(2.1.0b).zip" from the first post from this thread, decompressing to /jffs/YAMon2.
Noticed that the files "yamon.startup” and "yamon.shutdown" are not present into Setup folder. I thought that maybe it was going to be created after running "/jffs/YAMon2/Setup/yamon2.sh" for the first time. But that was not the case.
So I have this files missing and I don´t understand what I´m doing wrong...

3. Since I use Transmission, and it eats a lot of my bandwidth, I would like to have the router itself listed on the reports.

Sorry if some of this is covered in the almost 80 pages. I went straight to the tutorial and got it working at least, but now I encountered the problems that I listed above.

Thank you for yout help on this!

Yes there was an issue in the zip file... somehow I forget to include the startup and shutdown scripts and the `default config.file` accidentally had the symlink option turned on.

I have corrected those errors and updated the zip file on the first page of this thread.

I am not familiar with Transmission. I suggest you get the script (and reports running) and set the _loglevel to 0 (or -1) and then PM the logs to me.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mizehra wrote:
I just reinstalled it from scratch and was having issues as above, getting stuck on loading devices, then hourly data once I disabled the symlink option. I resolved the loading hourly data loop by disabling organization of data, after which it loads right up.

Something for you to check on, Al. Smile

Crap! fixed. Thanks for pointing this out.

NB - if you do enable the symlink option in config.file you *must* update the path to data entry on the Settings tab in the reports.

Al
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:30    Post subject: Re: Waiting for devices to load Reply with quote
yes restoring a old user.js file fix my problem many thanks
Kasperpa- wrote:
andyrav wrote:

any ideas?

I'm getting the same thing day after upgrading to 2.1.0b...

Did you resolve your issue?

EDIT/UPDATE:

So I found the symlink option was turned on by default, I switched it to off, now I get past loading devices and it stalls on loading hourly data...

I do have the users.js file in both locations and seem to have both ) and }
andyrav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:54    Post subject: backup restore Reply with quote
hi
in v2.1.0b when i am viewing the monthly breakdown and go back to a previous interval there is no data?

any idea?
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Al, since the update to the organized folders I no longer showed any updates on the web page. After midnight it no longer loaded the hourly file.

I checked and the hourly and mac was being created in the 2015/5 folder and updated regularly.

Checked my config to insure _organizeData=2 was set.

If I copied the mac and hourly from the 2015/5 folder to the top of data then it displayed.

Looks like it is not recursively looking for the current data.

Dave

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Hey Al, since the update to the organized folders I no longer showed any updates on the web page. After midnight it no longer loaded the hourly file.

I checked and the hourly and mac was being created in the 2015/5 folder and updated regularly.

Checked my config to insure _organizeData=2 was set.

If I copied the mac and hourly from the 2015/5 folder to the top of data then it displayed.

Looks like it is not recursively looking for the current data.

Dave

i have same issue, i told Al about it a few days ago..i think hes working on it..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 71 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: