Support for netgear R6300 / R6300v2 ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
flroots2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
jheide44 wrote:
steve's blog is very good but a bit dated, Kong has considerably scaled back his histoircal rhobust testging since Oct. 2014. these days he has only committed to testing a good flash.

as I have said before (^^ up there) once you see a good flash report on a BS build...

like this one for r27086: http://dd-wrt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=967981#967981

...there is really no difference btw BS and Kong builds these days

nothing that "your average" user will notice anyway (transimision daemon and ddup utility are the only main differences)
Thanks. I'm now running Kong 26970 without issues although I wonder if wide HT40 works on 5GHz. I see no widening of the spectrum with Android WiFi Analyzer. I set 5GHz to channel 157, N-only, Wide HT40, "upper". All other settings were at default. If these settings are not appropriate, I'd appreciate suggestions. There are no neighbors using 5GHz so I'm not worried about interference. Also, I have no clients that support ac which is the reason I selected N-only. BTW, at DD-WRT Status for wl1 it says I'm using channels 157 and 159, but as mentioned, no indication of that with WiFi Analyzer?

As an aside, I see slightly better signal strength on 5GHz with DD-WRT compared to stock firmware. Also, the signal strength in both cases is much much better than with my recently retired EA6700. I'm very pleased with the switch.
Sponsor
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can vouch for BS build 27096 as well for the R6300v2. Changes were mostly cosmetic between 27086 and 27096, adding the dark theme.
sn01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was just trying to upgrade to the latest firmware (from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/), and my router won't boot anymore. I had an older kong build from 2014 (can't remember now what it was) already installed. I loaded the dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD firmware. It responds to ping for about 10 seconds after I power it on, but after that it stops replying. I've tried the hard reset 30-30-30, didn't make any difference though.

Is this thing bricked?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
sn01 wrote:
I was just trying to upgrade to the latest firmware (from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/), and my router won't boot anymore. I had an older kong build from 2014 (can't remember now what it was) already installed. I loaded the dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD firmware. It responds to ping for about 10 seconds after I power it on, but after that it stops replying. I've tried the hard reset 30-30-30, didn't make any difference though.

Is this thing bricked?

You probably need serial recovery.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
flroots2 wrote:
jheide44 wrote:
steve's blog is very good but a bit dated, Kong has considerably scaled back his histoircal rhobust testging since Oct. 2014. these days he has only committed to testing a good flash.

as I have said before (^^ up there) once you see a good flash report on a BS build...

like this one for r27086: http://dd-wrt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=967981#967981

...there is really no difference btw BS and Kong builds these days

nothing that "your average" user will notice anyway (transimision daemon and ddup utility are the only main differences)
Thanks. I'm now running Kong 26970 without issues although I wonder if wide HT40 works on 5GHz. I see no widening of the spectrum with Android WiFi Analyzer. I set 5GHz to channel 157, N-only, Wide HT40, "upper". All other settings were at default. If these settings are not appropriate, I'd appreciate suggestions. There are no neighbors using 5GHz so I'm not worried about interference. Also, I have no clients that support ac which is the reason I selected N-only. BTW, at DD-WRT Status for wl1 it says I'm using channels 157 and 159, but as mentioned, no indication of that with WiFi Analyzer?

As an aside, I see slightly better signal strength on 5GHz with DD-WRT compared to stock firmware. Also, the signal strength in both cases is much much better than with my recently retired EA6700. I'm very pleased with the switch.

Anyone?
joeh1974
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last week Comcast bumped my 50/10 connection to a 105/10 connection as part of their package upgrade. I had no trouble with the 50/10 speed on my wndr4300 running dd-wrt, yet after the 105 bump, I'm only receiving ~80 down.

Considering the overhead, that may be the best I can get with that particular router (I was able to get 124 down with stock firmware). I'm looking into upgrading routers to something more powerful.

Can anyone with this router confirm that they are able to download over 100Mb/sec with a dd-wrt build installed on it?

Thanks.
netguru76
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
This Router is one of the powefullst you can buy.
Because you are able to get 40 mbit via vpn, 100 without should be possible...
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
@flroots2 -- As no one else has replied I'll give my two cents. I have my R6300v2 set up for VHT80 lower lower on channel 132. I frequently, but not always, see connection speeds of 866M, which I think is the maximum. Device normally has to be in same room as router to show that connection speed.

As for the Android WiFi Analyzer, I don't think it shows the bandwidth. I don't see full bandwidth on either band, 2.4G or 5G when using WiFi Analyzer. I do see the wider bandwidth displayed when using inSSider on my PC. Only on 2.4G though, I don't have a dual card for the PC. If your connect speeds are at or close to the max for that bandwidth, that's a pretty good indication it is working as it should.
flroots2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
jimfree wrote:
@flroots2 -- As no one else has replied I'll give my two cents. I have my R6300v2 set up for VHT80 lower lower on channel 132. I frequently, but not always, see connection speeds of 866M, which I think is the maximum. Device normally has to be in same room as router to show that connection speed.

As for the Android WiFi Analyzer, I don't think it shows the bandwidth. I don't see full bandwidth on either band, 2.4G or 5G when using WiFi Analyzer. I do see the wider bandwidth displayed when using inSSider on my PC. Only on 2.4G though, I don't have a dual card for the PC. If your connect speeds are at or close to the max for that bandwidth, that's a pretty good indication it is working as it should.
Thanks for the feedback. My advertised internet speed with Comcast is 50 Mbps so I'm not sure how to test for speeds above that? My PC also has only 2.4GHz.
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't feel bad, I'm capped at 15Mbps using DSL and local ISP. I got ticked at Comcast some time ago and never went back. The 15MBps is fast enough to stream Netflix HDX and Vudu high definition.

Some of the folks have used iperf to determine their internal network connection speeds. Its available for the PC and as a ipkg package. Never tried it myself.
netguru76
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
copy a file via wlan, eg. from your NAS/PC etc to your Wifi device ...
flroots2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
netguru76 wrote:
copy a file via wlan, eg. from your NAS/PC etc to your Wifi device ...
Thanks. Don't fully understand what you suggest. I understand sending file from eg, PC to wifi device, but how do I know the speed of transmission? Do I know it via DD-WRT screen? Also, I understand LAN, but why do you say WLAN? Isn't that on the internet side of router? If so, that doesn't make sense to me.
flroots2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
jimfree wrote:

Thanks. How are you measuring speed? Is it via a DD-WRT window?
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have not used iperf myself. I have only seen it mentioned a few times on various threads that were discussing speeds. Iperf is a program you install as a server on one device and as a client on another. Do a google search for "iperf on ddwrt" for more info. I have no idea on how easy or hard it is to do.
OneMoar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
can anyone confirm that the r6250 does indeed use u.fl connectors for the antenna recently picked one up and the 5Ghz range is awful due to limited placement choices ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52, 53, 54  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 38 of 54
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: