Unrelated to build questions in build thread- changlogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Mysticales
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stupid question.. where has Kong been hiding the change logs at? I am still on his 12/27/14 build, but with this new AC router.. I am sure the good updates are good. Just would like to know WHAT they are lol.
wirerydr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mysticales wrote:
Stupid question.. where has Kong been hiding the change logs at? I am still on his 12/27/14 build, but with this new AC router.. I am sure the good updates are good. Just would like to know WHAT they are lol.

I'm not sure that Kong publishes them nowadays. In any event, you can always look at the DD-WRT Trac Timeline to see what changes have occurred between the Kong version (or any version in-general) you're curious about, and the version you're currently running.

Ignore the "Ticket" items, and focus on the "Changeset" items. Those changeset numbers are what release numbers refer to. E.g. KongAC 26970 would be a build that included all changesets up to (and including) 26970.

Netgear R7000 #1 | Primary AP
Netgear R7000 #2 | AC-only client-bridge (office)
Asus RT-AC66U | AC-only client-bridge (HTPC)
Netgear WNDR3700v2 | client-bridge (basement)
Mysticales
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ty, gave me some clue. Smile Best update from Jan I saw is "Support for extra led" lol, Ill assume thats why my 5ghz led was never on lol.

So I assume most dirty flash upgrades have been safe so far? Hate wiping since Id have to redo all my static ip setups etc. Wish there was an easier way to restore some of these configs.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mysticales wrote:
So I assume most dirty flash upgrades have been safe so far? Hate wiping since Id have to redo all my static ip setups etc. Wish there was an easier way to restore some of these configs.

Since I'm never really sure when a dirty flash will/will-not work, I always erase nvram before and after flashing. But that's just a personal preference.

As it happens, there is an easier way to save / restore some of your configs. At least, there is if you have a system handy that can execute perl scripts, and can ssh into your router. Take a look at managewrt.pl, which I wrote specifically because of my preference for always erasing nvram. I currently use it to save/restore:
  • DDNS
  • DNSMasq
  • lighttpd
  • port-forwarding
  • The various command scripts
  • sshd / telnet settings (including ssh keys)
  • static leases
  • USB config
... But you can use it to manage whatever setting(s) you'd like.

There's also this excellent frater-derived backup/restore script, which is both more comprehensive, and complex.

Netgear R7000 #1 | Primary AP
Netgear R7000 #2 | AC-only client-bridge (office)
Asus RT-AC66U | AC-only client-bridge (HTPC)
Netgear WNDR3700v2 | client-bridge (basement)
Mysticales
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
So that local usb script... I have my hard drive on that with NAS and Media server setup. Would it save to that safely?

Also still surprised no one else knows about any newer change logs or where Kong has been hiding them?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mysticales wrote:

Also still surprised no one else knows about any newer change logs or where Kong has been hiding them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that his newer builds were based off the main DD-WRT Timeline, so people are to refer to the changesets on this page: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/

If I'm incorrect, please someone let me know Smile

Navigation

Jump to: