New build --- 26635 --- 04/01/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
wongnog
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
gadgetpig wrote:
TP-Link TL-WR841ND v9 (actual label 9.1)
-LAN device to LAN device no communication until I add the 2 commands to startup:

swconfig dev eth0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth0 set apply

Have you tried the suggestion from Comment #13 ?
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3736#comment:13
proposed by h8red here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=958962#958962

Hi KrypteX,

I just tried the custom firewall inbound rule from that link, and it did not work for me. I removed the startup command, rebooted the router, applied the firewall rule, and restarted my computer. Pinging a wired device kept giving a "Destination host unreachable" error. Adding the startup command immediately solved the problem.

Can you please reopen ticket 3736? I don't think one person's resolution is a good enough reason to close a ticket, especially if nobody else has confirmed it worked for them. If these startup commands fix the problem, why don't they just apply them by default?

I will have to go back to test older firmware to see when the issue started for my router. Problem is the ticket says this bug started with release 23919, but 24118 was the first release that supported my TL-WR841ND v9.
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
wongnog wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
gadgetpig wrote:
TP-Link TL-WR841ND v9 (actual label 9.1)
-LAN device to LAN device no communication until I add the 2 commands to startup:

swconfig dev eth0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth0 set apply

Have you tried the suggestion from Comment #13 ?
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3736#comment:13
proposed by h8red here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=958962#958962

Hi KrypteX,

I just tried the custom firewall inbound rule from that link, and it did not work for me. I removed the startup command, rebooted the router, applied the firewall rule, and restarted my computer. Pinging a wired device kept giving a "Destination host unreachable" error. Adding the startup command immediately solved the problem.

Can you please reopen ticket 3736? I don't think one person's resolution is a good enough reason to close a ticket, especially if nobody else has confirmed it worked for them. If these startup commands fix the problem, why don't they just apply them by default?

I will have to go back to test older firmware to see when the issue started for my router. Problem is the ticket says this bug started with release 23919, but 24118 was the first release that supported my TL-WR841ND v9.

Fair enough, I will reopen the ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3736
As you can see, it was closed with saying that it "partially solves" the issue. For some it does work, for others it doesn't. To pour fuel on fire, BrainSlayer blamed OpenWrt devs for reintroducing the bug, quote from the ticket:
"set enable_vlan1 will block vlans from passing through. the problem is a shit bug in the switch driver from openwrt. this issue was fixed multiple times but openwrt devs always reintroduce it and do not care about it."

suhi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone help me here.

I have 841n v9 and I am on 23.6.2014 build.

When I try to flash lattest official and lattest beta,nothing happend. Web flash sad successful and reboot router but both times router stayed on 23.6 build.

I tryed with tftp tool but doesnt work for me.

I tryed hard reset too before flashing.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@suhi
Follow this guide: http://www.askmeaboutlinux.com/?p=2819

phlegmer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: WNDR3700 v1

Reset: No
Errors: None

Router had the 12/22/14 build.
Before flashing: Held reset button for 20sec to clean off old content (per the wiki)

Once stabilized, web flashed. All was going well and it appeared to do a reboot. But instead of a reboot, all the LED's went dark. Waited 60sec and nothing. Turned power off for 15sec, powered on. All I get now is a flashing green power LED. Power cycled a couple times. No go.

Guess now I need to figure out how to de-brick this model. Sad
rpadula
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tp link WR841v4

No DHCP even if says enable on the GUI.
wongnog
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
As you can see, it was closed with saying that it "partially solves" the issue. For some it does work, for others it doesn't. To pour fuel on fire, BrainSlayer blamed OpenWrt devs for reintroducing the bug, quote from the ticket:
"set enable_vlan1 will block vlans from passing through. the problem is a shit bug in the switch driver from openwrt. this issue was fixed multiple times but openwrt devs always reintroduce it and do not care about it."
Thanks KX. Ok n00b question but what does OpenWRT development have to do with a dd-wrt problem? If they already fixed it "multiple times", can't they add the fix in the next release so it's permanently fixed?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
wongnog wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
Thanks KX. Ok n00b question but what does OpenWRT development have to do with a dd-wrt problem? If they already fixed it "multiple times", can't they add the fix in the next release so it's permanently fixed?

ddwrt & openwrt apparently have connections behind the scenes as both are supposed to be part of the same company, at least thats what brainslayer said, hes head dev for ddwrt

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

AES256
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H Reply with quote
Hi there! I'm new to the forum.

I've just upgraded my Buffalo to 26635.

Router Model: Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H (annex A)
Reset: Yes, from the admin tab. Then set the option to autoreset after flashing. No 30/30/30

Flashed from 25408 using Iceweasel 37. I don't use any advanced functions like VPN etc, so I can't comment on those, but everything seems to be working correctly.
ro-maniak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 20:55    Post subject: Weirdness Reply with quote
On wr1043nd.

Flash no reset (after all went well on WNDRv3700 v4). First internet disappears but webinterface is reachable.

After power cycle, after a while, internet is up; however no way to look into the router.
- ssh/telnet: if wrong credentials, it says so as usual behaviour; on right credentials, connection is immediately closed.
- webinterface totally unreachable.

Any ideas for a soft recovery?

Otherwise I guess I'll have to tftp-flash it - right?

Any other ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: TP-Link WDR-4300v1
Reset: No
Errors: None so far.
mgm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
the "keep alive" works not correct...I will reboot every day at 6.00 a.m. but sometimes the it works...sometimes not !
YaddaMinski
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tobias Tromm wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
Tobias Tromm wrote:
Can someone confirm if GUEST WIFI DHCP is working?

Can someone confirm if DNSMasq is working?

yes

yes

Why it work only for some routers? Because of linux version?

Version differences in chip sets usually.
jcmolero71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: TP-Link TL-MR3220 (WDS AP)
Firmware: r26635
Reset: Yes (erase nvram & reboot)
Previous: r26622

Router: TP-Link TL-MR3420 (WDS Client)
Firmware: r26635
Reset: Yes (erase nvram & reboot)
Previous: r26622

Both routers seems working fine, some leds are showing well (wlan, 1-4, wan) altough 3G on 3220 remains lit (having not 3G mode) and sys led is not lit on both.
Speed are faster than the previous release but a bit less stable at my sight.
As usual Services/VPN remains blank, anytime I would like to test it with a older flash.
Update: today I've noticed connecttion dropouts, like Roi describes (also a TP-Link as I see), the issue is when the net load is near the bandwith, the dropout comes, affecting first the PC that is connected to 3420 directly by LAN, losing the ip for some seconds, then sometimes one of the laptops by Wi-Fi suffers of dropout falling on limited state, also my android the wi-fi icon goes dim instead white like it should. I gonna try also the r24461, thanks Roi for the idea.

Last edited by jcmolero71 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:29; edited 1 time in total
Roi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: TL-WDR4300
Reset: no
Errors: none, beside the problem described below

The problem I am having with some newer firmwares (which is the reason I downgraded to 06-23-2014-r24461 again) is the following: Wifi Clients somehow lose the connection. Means that the network is not working anymore. On one of my Android device I see it as a light brown Wifi logo (instead of white) on other clients it simply stops working. After disabling and enabling Wifi again on the client the network is working again.

Also the guest network seems to stop work from time to time (clients to not get IP addresses). I have to reboot the WDR4300 to get it up and running again.

I use the WDR4300 as a repeater for my Fritzbox. The WDR4300 is connected to the Fritzbox via a VLAN capable switch which allows me to also repeat the guest Wifi network. Everything works great, exept of the effect descibed above. With the 24461 firmware I do not see these problems, or not so often so that I do not recognize it.

To be honest, I did not check the forum, yet - also I did not search that much for the problem described. If you have any suggestions for me, I'm happy to get replies. But I will take a look at the forum and search results now.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: