WPS emulation in DD-WRT

galandilias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:48    Post subject: WPS emulation in DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hi Folks,

Is there a way of at lest emulating WPS functionality in DD-WRT? Now more and more equipment is wi-fi enabled with only single button for WPS setup (i.e. my scale or my Miracast TV dongle). And it is impossible to connect such an equipment to DD-WRT router.

My workaround is to have backup router with stock firmware with WPS, use it for setting up the connection on a new device with same Wi-Fi settings as on the base router.

You have to admin - this is not the most convenient way of working this out...

Is there any script option for this? Any solution?
Sponsor
jheide44
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
galandilias wrote:
Hi Folks,

Is there a way of at lest emulating WPS functionality in DD-WRT? Now more and more equipment is wi-fi enabled with only single button for WPS setup (i.e. my scale or my Miracast TV dongle). And it is impossible to connect such an equipment to DD-WRT router.

My workaround is to have backup router with stock firmware with WPS, use it for setting up the connection on a new device with same Wi-Fi settings as on the base router.

You have to admin - this is not the most convenient way of working this out...

Is there any script option for this? Any solution?

Not sure of your exact fact pattern/client devices...

fwiw

Once upon a time I had a printer that wanted wps only for setup.

I had to connect it via USB, then manually setup WiFi (ssid/passphrase) over usb. After that it would work with dd-wrt wirelessly.

Since you have it connected via 2nd router with stock firmware do your clients have a web GUI admin option you could now leverage (for manual config)?

Another good wps read:
http://www.flashrouters.com/blog/2012/03/02/wps-router-flaw-information-how-to-fix-it-another-reason-to-switch-to-dd-wrt/

_.-:Curently Deployed Devices:-._
Loc_1.0: R6400 -- v3.0-r51887 std (02/28/23)
Loc_2.0: R6300v2 -- Kong PTB 35550M 03-28-2018

Others: too many others to list

R7000 (& similar HW) Tips/Tricks HERE.

Assumptions:
1. Everyone on the forum has read the relevant forum section announcements.
2. For Broadcom section we have ALL at least tried to understand the "Peacock" thread,
HERE
galandilias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is one solution but what about the equipment without the possibility to connect other way than Wi-Fi? I have such a case now - my wireless scale - it has only button for WPS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: