Buffalo WZR-1750DHP Max WAN to LAN throughput build?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
xxxxts wrote:
unai_goiko wrote:
Thank you for the info. I have just upgraded my Internet connection to and I am facing a similar issue. I have the Buffalo WZR-1750DHPD with the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/13/14) kongac Firmware, and the max speed readings I get are:

Download: 220.38 Mbps
Upload: 245.23 Mbps

While connecting the PC directly to the Internet gives me download speeds around 670 Mbps and upload of 330 Mbps. I think that I will try Buffalo's dd-wrt firmware to see the if there is a difference.

Have any of you achieved better speeds with any of the available dd-wrt builds?

Switch to stock (not their dd-wrt build). The only solution as far as I know Sad

will the 1750dhp stock firmware work on the 1750dhpd, from what I gather the only difference between the two is one supports ddwrt and the other voids warranty. I wish these could be flashed through tftp instead of screwing around with serial cables.
Sponsor
xxxxts
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
AfterShock wrote:
xxxxts wrote:
unai_goiko wrote:
Thank you for the info. I have just upgraded my Internet connection to and I am facing a similar issue. I have the Buffalo WZR-1750DHPD with the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/13/14) kongac Firmware, and the max speed readings I get are:

Download: 220.38 Mbps
Upload: 245.23 Mbps

While connecting the PC directly to the Internet gives me download speeds around 670 Mbps and upload of 330 Mbps. I think that I will try Buffalo's dd-wrt firmware to see the if there is a difference.

Have any of you achieved better speeds with any of the available dd-wrt builds?

Switch to stock (not their dd-wrt build). The only solution as far as I know Sad

will the 1750dhp stock firmware work on the 1750dhpd, from what I gather the only difference between the two is one supports ddwrt and the other voids warranty. I wish these could be flashed through tftp instead of screwing around with serial cables.

yes.

Past dd-wrt routers:
Linksys WRT3200ACM
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP
Linksys E4200 v1
Linksys E3000
Linksys WRT54G
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm now running the dhpd version and flashed the buffalo's 2.24 firmware after having probs with my 2.4ghz channel dropping wifi at random intervals or when transferring large files over wifi. using ddwrt I would have to have wmm mode enabled in order for a few devices to be able to connect, turns out that enabling wmm on 2.24 causes the same crap to happen but all my devices can connect with it off. I can access the maintenance mode on the router to enable tftp transfers so i might play around with ddwrt and see if I can figure out why the wireless crashes.
unai_goiko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the info. I have tried to update the device to Buffalo's firmware unsuccessfully. Therefore, I have decided to install the latest BrainSlayer beta build and hope he fixes the bugs required to finally enable HW NAT support.
xxxxts
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
unai_goiko wrote:
Thank you for the info. I have tried to update the device to Buffalo's firmware unsuccessfully. Therefore, I have decided to install the latest BrainSlayer beta build and hope he fixes the bugs required to finally enable HW NAT support.

I am pretty sure Kong was the only one working on HW NAT, I don't even know if BS has intentions of working on it.

Past dd-wrt routers:
Linksys WRT3200ACM
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP
Linksys E4200 v1
Linksys E3000
Linksys WRT54G
unai_goiko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I might be wrong, from what I've read in the forum BS removed the HW NAT support due to some bugs related to it. Kong just committed those changes on his builds, and is waiting for BS to fix the bugs in order to renable HW NAT again.
daggy72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
any news concerning DD-WRT, HW NAT for the 1750DHP ??
andrewsf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've found that my VOIP connections have trouble staying connected with the stock 2.24 firmware. I was hoping by now DD-WRT would support higher speeds but it seems that is still not the case.
djrobx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just want to add a "same boat" post. Really hope they can get HW NAT working. I need DD-WRT due to some complex routing I need to do, but I lose ~70mbps because DD-WRT's NAT is slower than my internet connection.
pokazene_maslo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unless we bribe BrainSlayer I have very little hope that this feature will be implemented.
djrobx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was able to finally locate the beta builds that contain the HW nat feature (search this forum for the words "build archive"). Unfortunately they do not work for me. I see the CT prerouting chain ticking up with packets, but my internet connection essentialy stops working. Looking through threads the feature seems to be hit and miss (which is why it was pulled), and unfortunately although I tried a few different builds, it was miss for me. Bummer!
djrobx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed that the overlock setting (nvram set clkfreq or adjusting it in the UI on some builds) was doing absolutely nothing to my speeds despite showing different frequencies on the status page. I had tried this option on many different builds.

Someone reported that overlocking was working with build 26635 on their WZR-1750DHP. I tried this build (from ftp.dd-wt-com) and sure enough, I get full 320mbps speed! This does not have the CTF option but I suspect the overclock must actually work in this version.

CPU temperatures remain the same (sits around 80 even on the stock Buffalo build). Hope it remains stable!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4267427413
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: