Yet another ASUS RT-N66U No WAN IP/MAC issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
asher89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 0:07    Post subject: Yet another ASUS RT-N66U No WAN IP/MAC issue Reply with quote
Hello folks,

Here is my challenge: I have not been able to get the RT-N66U to automagically acquire WAN IP address.

Workaround I have identified (works until reboot):
1 - Assign WAN port to vlan15 (Under setup>VLANs)
2 - Change WAN Port Assignment to "vlan15" (Under setup>networking) - Also note that every reboot, the value of this becomes "Disabled".

Things I have tried:
Resets
Hardware reset, telnet reset, command (Erase nvram) reset and so on
DD-WRT Builds (Same results regardless the builds)
23919, 25527, 25544, 21676, 2118, 23320
Startup script with before/after nvram values - I compared all the before and after nvram variables and only thing that differed except the IP details was:

Code:
nvram set wan_ifname2=vlan15
nvram set wan_ifnames=vlan15
nvram set wan_ifname=vlan15
nvram set wanup=1

nvram commit

Any idea or suggestions on how to get this working correctly so that I dont have to be around when the router ever restarts. I have confirmed that router works fine as with ASUS build I am able to get WAN IP without any issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can provide anything else needed.
Sponsor
Munkee915
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was having this problem w/ my RT-AC66U. What worked for me was remove WLAN from VLAN2 (not reassign). Save and apply. Go back and add VLAN2 back, save and apply, reboot the router.
asher89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Munkee915 wrote:
I was having this problem w/ my RT-AC66U. What worked for me was remove WLAN from VLAN2 (not reassign). Save and apply. Go back and add VLAN2 back, save and apply, reboot the router.

You are a GENIUS!!! That worked in a sec. I spent over 6 hours trying to figure this out.

Regardless, it was time well spent as now I know how to work the nvram madness Wink
Maximilliano
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:02    Post subject: Broken Reply with quote
I tried all methods listed, including resetting firmware, updating firmware, removing vlan2, changing to new vlan, erasing nvram. Yesterday morning, the wan IP stopped. Upon some of the methods listed, it would register the wan IP but only for about 5 sec, then it would drop the connection. Any other suggestions? Idea
TechITEasy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 20:24    Post subject: fixed dead WAN port Reply with quote
These forums (and DD-WRT) are amazing!

Thanks Munkee915, tried your fix and it works. Will be back here if it fails over time but I'm optimistic that this will stick. I thought I was going to have to put back factory firmware and try to get it replaced from where I bought it.

Appreciate the help Smile

Best,

-Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: