Buffalo WZR-D1800H

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
TechieJustin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
It happened at about 1am. The thing is, Comcast had an outage at the exact same time, so I'm wondering if its related.
Normally I'm connected to the 5Ghz SSID on wl0 while older stuff like the iPhone 4's stick with the 2.4Ghz. The Orange light on the router started flickering, and I lost connectivity. I couldn't get to dd-wrt's control panel webpage on either the 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz, so I connected with ethernet. The LED on the ethernet adapter was flickering rapidly just like the orange wireless LED on the router. I got into the Control Panel, disabled the 5Ghz (Wireless Network Mode=disabled) saved, applied, rebooted same thing. I unplugged the router for a few minutes - same thing. Eventually only the 2.4Ghz SSID was visible, and even now everything seems stable but the 5Ghz SSID just won't appear.
When I picked up the phone there was a loud squeal. Comcast's iPhone app reported an outage. This morning service was fine, just no 5Ghz.
Is the Buffalo about to grow wings? This seems like an electronic failure of the 5Ghz radio.

If Comcast sent some sort of "dirty signal" up the line into my house, it would have to go through the cable modem first. Even then how would it disable just the 5Ghz radio? I'm noticing something else, there are no other 5Ghz APs in the area. My laptop was able to see two more operating on 5Ghz - now they're gone. I know my laptop' 5Ghz antenna is working since I used it at work and the library.
Sponsor
PITABoy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC/ is down. Does anyone else know of a new place to get the latest KONG builds?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look at the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
for anyone else looking for the new official link it is as follows.

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC/
galandilias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got the same - 5GHz network disappeared for me yesterday I guess - I have played a bit with a firmware of my router (D1800H) and it is working fine with KONG's build 24200 (without factory reset), but not with any newer. Sad I will try today to do upgrade with the reset.

EDIT: After 30-30-30 with 25015-sp1 5GHz radio is still not visible - this has to be some bug in the firmware Sad going back to 24200...

gal

TechieJustin wrote:
It happened at about 1am. The thing is, Comcast had an outage at the exact same time, so I'm wondering if its related.
Normally I'm connected to the 5Ghz SSID on wl0 while older stuff like the iPhone 4's stick with the 2.4Ghz. The Orange light on the router started flickering, and I lost connectivity. I couldn't get to dd-wrt's control panel webpage on either the 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz, so I connected with ethernet. The LED on the ethernet adapter was flickering rapidly just like the orange wireless LED on the router. I got into the Control Panel, disabled the 5Ghz (Wireless Network Mode=disabled) saved, applied, rebooted same thing. I unplugged the router for a few minutes - same thing. Eventually only the 2.4Ghz SSID was visible, and even now everything seems stable but the 5Ghz SSID just won't appear.
When I picked up the phone there was a loud squeal. Comcast's iPhone app reported an outage. This morning service was fine, just no 5Ghz.
Is the Buffalo about to grow wings? This seems like an electronic failure of the 5Ghz radio.

If Comcast sent some sort of "dirty signal" up the line into my house, it would have to go through the cable modem first. Even then how would it disable just the 5Ghz radio? I'm noticing something else, there are no other 5Ghz APs in the area. My laptop was able to see two more operating on 5Ghz - now they're gone. I know my laptop' 5Ghz antenna is working since I used it at work and the library.
PITABoy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
New beta available here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/10-22-2014-r25139-testing/buffalo_wzr-d1800h/ r25139-testing released today.

Same issue as the last Kong build with the regulatory country not being able to be changed. Other than that seems good so far.
galandilias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have uploaded that new release and it seems to not upload at all... Neutral I did it without resetting the unit and in version description I still have
Code:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/06/14) kongac - build 25015M-SP1
PITABoy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you use the .bin or the .trx? I recommend using the .bin that worked for me.
galandilias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
tried with bin - did you do the reset?
PITABoy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try the .trx I forgot which one I actually flashed Sad also I did a reset after flashing not during the flash.
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
This working well for everyone? Does it NOT have the WLAN-disabling issue that plagued other summer builds? I'm running 24160 still on my WLI-H4-D1300 but of course am tempted to update to this. Wink
galandilias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
WLAN is working for this one - I have reuploaded .trx this time and it has flashed correctly - I will check out this WiFi AC thing in the evening and will post an update
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Running r25143 on my WLI-H4-D1300 and its performing fine thus far. Straight upgrade, no reset. Just had to reconfigure my time zone, that's it.
galandilias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the AC WiFi working for you? What is your config of it?
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
galandilias wrote:
Is the AC WiFi working for you? What is your config of it?

Yup. Just looked and my iPhone 6+ is connected, router shows 433M in both directions for connect rate.

My 5GHz config is:

Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Channel - 36
Channel Width - VHT (80+80 MHz)
Extension Channel - lower lower

For security I'm using WPA2 Personal / AES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 45 of 50
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: