Any DD-WRT Interest in ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the same issue with duckdns.org
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have resolved that issue already. i will post a new version here in some minutes, so you can test it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
here is it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i have resolved that issue already. i will post a new version here in some minutes, so you can test it

upgraded using the webupgrade.bin, DDNS working perfectly now......you sir are the man!!!!

i am using the free noip.com

this router is so fast and stable....

the upgrade flash is super fast to....

Last edited by spl147 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:12; edited 1 time in total
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
after the update I confirm the DDNS function is working properly.
I'm using the free Duckdns.org service.

Thanks!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have both, lite and pro running here, but for the edgerouter pro there is still some need for fixes, i can't get the port leds running yet and mmc is not working. so it works only if i boot from a external usb stick. but it has a absolute amazing performance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 20:00    Post subject: Activation required!? Reply with quote
Hello BrainSlayer, i also bought an edgerouter lite and replaced the build-in usb-stick with a dd-wrt flashed one. Just one question, how can i activate dd-wrt? I tried at the shop, but the er-lite seems not to be listed. i could´nt even enter those activation string there. I use the DD-WRT build 24795.

Many thanks for your nice work! The device is running very flawless with DD-WRT. Does DD-WRT support tcp acceleration and all the other features which those SoC supports?

Edit: The activation is done now, i got it to work. Smile

Last edited by Klaus-Bertram on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:35; edited 1 time in total
blvermeu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Brainslayer,

first of all, thanks a bunch for looking into these products! We have a edgerouter pro at work and it works like a charm for over 30 people, not problems at all (edgeos). Currently, i'm thinking on buying an ER lite one for at home use, however, since the gui is rather limited in the edgeos, I am contemplating on using dd-wrt for it but reading through these post I had some questions.

- Do we initially always have to open the router to reach the USB stick and flash it, or can we do this via ethernet cable too?
- If we take out the USB, replace it with one that has dd-wrt on, can we still just replace the new USB with the old one and retain the edgeos software on there? (is it as easy as that?)
- Did anyone do some comparisons in routers capabilities, is there alot of difference between edgeos and dd-wrt?
- How exactly do we have to activate this version? As stipulated, there is no official support yet for this device?

Thanks!

kind regards,

Ben
Klaus-Bertram
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi blvermeu, maybe i can answer you some questions.

For now, it seems, there is actually no other way then open the er-lite and replace the build-in usb stick. But there are only 3 small screws at the back of the router, after removing them, you can easily open the case and replace the usb stick with a new one. You just need a small one, because there is not much space in that case. And yes, you can replace the original usb whenever you want and you get the edgeOS back then. I tried that also. You should just backup the configuration before you switch the usb stick (OS). From what i have tried now, there is no performamace difference if i compare both. Actually, the edgeOS is a work in progress so i personally prefer ddwrt. QoS, portforwarding and a lot of other things i tried with ddwrt work and the webinterface based config is really easy, much better then edgeOS. If u want to activate it, go to the ddwrt shop, buy a pro licence and then after payment u receive an email when it´s "shipped". This could maybe take a few minutes. After u received that email, you login to the ddwrt activation center at ddwrt homepage, and then you can copy and paste the activation string you get at the webinterface from ddwrt. As i already written, i also couldnt find official support for er-lite at the router database, this seems to be more or less an unofficial version.

I hope i could help you a bit, regards..
blvermeu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, will help a bunch when I try this out!
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
blvermeu wrote:
Thanks, will help a bunch when I try this out!

Klaus is correct only way at the moment is to take the screws off and flash the usb drive using dd in linux.

I love this device it works great now with the latest patch, these make for good gateway devices.. Cant wait for the pro to do some testing

-Fractal
leo_bsb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I`m having an issue with this build.
My router is restarting ramdomly every 5 or 10 minutes. Sometimes just one minute.
It all started after it loosing its configuration.
I reflashed a usb drive with the latest version, reset it to factory defaults but it continues to show the issue.
Is there a way to save a log and discover what is happening?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe connect a serial cable and log the data you see. this is the best way for tracking down problems.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
maybe connect a serial cable and log the data you see. this is the best way for tracking down problems.

What should I do? Setup a Putty session and leave it open to catch the logs?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
use teraterm. it can also store logs into a file and i believe putty can do the same.

Navigation

Jump to: