Cisco M20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mike929
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 15:49    Post subject: Cisco M20 Reply with quote
Hello, sorry for such a noob question but I need a few answers.

I want to install dd-wrt on a Cisco M20. Where is the install documentation for this router. The index page is blank for this router, although it is supported.

Also do I install all of the following files ( of course once I figure out how). So, far I think I install from the routers gui firmware update page.

Do I install each of these files?

No link for install for this router:

[/img]

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use this ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m20.bin

Reset your router to factory default, the flash that through the upgrade page. After you log into dd-wrt, the default user name is root and the default password is admin, reset it to factory default again.
The configure it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Use this ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m20.bin

Reset your router to factory default, the flash that through the upgrade page. After you log into dd-wrt, the default user name is root and the default password is admin, reset it to factory default again.
The configure it.

Thank you for the response. I wasn't sure if I would get a prompt response. I ended up installing this - dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini

What exactly is the difference in the one I used vs. the one you suggested?

My router now has an orange light constantly on now ( above the secure connection button). I don't think this is an issue.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
The one I suggested is the recommended one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there something wrong with the one that I chose?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no idea.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi I have the same router. I was told I need to install DD-wrt so that the router Ethernet ports will still work with my Ethernet devices once I get the Netgear zing moble hotspot. Currently I have a Magicjack (for phone service) that uses Ethernet connection and 1 computer that is also Ethernet. The rest of my devices are Wifi and will connect directly to the hotspot.

I am completely confused about which dd-wrt to install, how to install dd-wrt and how to configure dd-wrt for this purpose. Any links to a step by step would be much appreciated.

Thank you
also I read through the "how to's" on the broadcom thread and peacock thread. I am getting jammed up at the hardware wiki because it comes up blank when clicking on the Cisco Valet M20.
thenotwellman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
just follow peacock instructions using the build from link below. i did and flashing worked fine. make sure you reset your router to factory defaults before flashing ddwrt onto it and wait and wait and wait after flashing or you will be sorry. good luck.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m20.bin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: