TL-WR841N v9.0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:
OK, I found it. The firmware we want to flash must have specific name as I thought

TendaW311R+ I don't have the time to read all the topic to understand what you want to do, but Dangze bricked his, so if what you want is to go back to stock on page 3 of this topic read MazdagL post there is a stripped FW

TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
As I promissed, here is the helping archive for recover (you must login to see it).

If you find some mistakes please tell me to fix it Very Happy

EDIT: YOU CAN USE ANY PORT not only WAN port !

Last edited by TendaW311R+ on Thu Aug 28, 2014 14:55; edited 1 time in total
CyB3R
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found another issue..

I tried to use it as an access Point, disabling DHCP and conecting the DSL modem to the LAN ports, and it works wirelessly but the Lan ports seems not do be bridged. If i plug another pc with cable to any other port it wont act as a switch.

I tried bridging all interfaces but without any luck.

hceers
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
CyB3R wrote:
I found another issue..

Serious Bugs:

(1) Cannot upgrade firmware except using TFTP

(2) LAN clients are mutually unreachable. The only remedy is to add this script to startup.
Code:
swconfig dev eth1 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth1 set apply

(3) Under Services - DHCP Server, adding or removing Static Leases will lead to corruption, failure of web server

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
CyB3R wrote:
I found another issue..

I tried to use it as an access Point, disabling DHCP and conecting the DSL modem to the LAN ports, and it works wirelessly but the Lan ports seems not do be bridged. If i plug another pc with cable to any other port it wont act as a switch.

hceers

FYI, try with build prior to 20140418. Builds after that may have switch issue on Atheros chips according to my own experience.
UHF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi.

Thanks for the amazing work. This was the first time i worked with dd-wrt. Flashed it on the given router and was really impressed about the features!

But please tell me anyone. Where can I find the VLAN Menue?

Setup -> Basic -> no vlan there?

Before I waste too much time in this. Can anyone tell me if its possible to create two vlans. VLAN 300 and a native vlan? Then I want to use Port1 or the WAN port as Trunk for both VLANs.

Result should be: That I've 2 SSIDs. One for the normal Lan and one for Guests.
e.g. wlan0 for the native vlan, and wlan1 for vlan300, which will be used for guest accounts.

Thank you in advanced.

best regards

UHV
bgmx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just configured my WR841N v9 as a repeater via Client (Bridge) mode.

Selected Wireless Mode as Client (Bridge), at SSID entered the SSID of the remote wireless network, at security entered the password of the remote network, then created a VAP with my chosen SSID.

DHCP comes from the remote wireless network, not from my router, and it works flawlessly.

So, let me repeat myself:

1. Set Wireless Mode to "Client (Bridge)".
2. At SSID enter the SSID of the remote wireless network.
3. Go to wireless Security and choose the right encryption (which the remote wireless network uses) and enter the password.
4. Apply the settings.
5. Create a VAP (Virtual Access Point) with a name different than the remote wireless networks name.
6. You can go to wireless Security and set a password for the VAP you've created.

So, all works fine. I don't know if it helps at all, but I set a different gateway than the remote wireless network uses. The remote wlan uses 192.168.1.1, so I set 192.168.2.1 for my router .

VLAN menu is located at first tab (Setup), at "Networking".
UHF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi.

This Menue is different as the normal VLAN Menue which I've seen in other Howtos/Tutorials. There I can add only Tags. But cannot assign an Interface to the specific VLAN. Or even create specific VLANS, like VLAN 300.

regards

UHF
ptranluu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
danymarc wrote:
CyB3R wrote:
I found another issue..

Serious Bugs:

(1) Cannot upgrade firmware except using TFTP

(2) LAN clients are mutually unreachable. The only remedy is to add this script to startup.
Code:

(3) Under Services - DHCP Server, adding or removing Static Leases will lead to corruption, failure of web server

thank you this works. i just bought v9 and installed dd-wrt. wireless ap works but to my surprise, the switch doesn't work. i googled and came up this post with the script. i put it in my startup script and change it to eth0 instead of eth1. Now the switch works. Good job!
arivet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
All,

Just flashed my brand new tl-wr841n (not nd) v9 with factory-to-ddwrt.bin and that took just fine, but when I tried to upgrade to tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin it wouldn't take. I get an "Upgrade Failed" after I hit the 290s mark. I used the 06-23-2014-r24461 build. Any ideas on why this didn't work, and on how to get it working?

Was going to try and at least get the stripped factory firmware, per MazdagL's instructions, but can't seem to obtain the firmware from the link he posted.

At the moment I'm stuck with a tl-wr841n with factory-to-ddwrt on it -- help!
CyB3R
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="danymarc"]
CyB3R wrote:

Code:

Doesnt work! i tried via GUI and via CLI.. and just dont work. Sad
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
arivet wrote:
All,

Just flashed my brand new tl-wr841n (not nd) v9 with factory-to-ddwrt.bin and that ir ook just fine, but when I tried to upgrade to tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin it wouldn't take. I get an "Upgrade Failed" after I hit the 290s mark. I used the 06-23-2014-r24461 build. Any ideas on why this didn't work, and on how to get it working?

Was going to try and at least get the stripped factory firmware, per MazdagL's instructions, but can't seem to obtain the firmware from the link he posted.

download my archive (second post of this page). There is stripped firmware and instructions how to flash it
paul!us
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
arivet wrote:
All,

Just flashed my brand new tl-wr841n (not nd) v9 with factory-to-ddwrt.bin and that took just fine, but when I tried to upgrade to tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin it wouldn't take. I get an "Upgrade Failed" after I hit the 290s mark. I used the 06-23-2014-r24461 build. Any ideas on why this didn't work, and on how to get it working?

I too can confirm this. Trying to flash an older version now.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
paul!us wrote:
arivet wrote:
All,

I too can confirm this. Trying to flash an older version now.

In r24461 there is a bug and you can't downgrade firmware. If you want to flash something else find my archive and use recovery mode with stripped firmware which is tp-link official.

People, if you want to do as MazdagL just download the archive and follow the steps. It's the same procedure as MazdagL did and with the same firmware file.
zeltek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a v9 and want to use DD-WRT but it seems that development is still in a very early stage, so I'll stick to the official firmware for the moment. Is there a place where I can track the development for this particular router to know when it's stable?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 38, 39, 40  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 40
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: