TP-Link TL-WR710N support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
zigzig wrote:
Have you set up a wireless repeater same subnet, primary router handles all DHCP

I dont do Gargoyle, I do OpenWrt and you can do that only with relayd package, I dont use relayd I do it in a dif. sub-net. check Gargoyle forum all the documentation and how tos its there.
If the files are or not from FriedZombie, he ports for Gargoyle, but from this FTP I dont know.
Jimasek passed me this link, and can be found on Polish Tp-Link forum, he collaborates with them.
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
danymarc wrote:
zigzig wrote:
Have you set up a wireless repeater same subnet, primary router handles all DHCP

I dont do Gargoyle, I do OpenWrt and you can do that only with relayd package, I dont use relayd I do it in a dif. sub-net. check Gargoyle forum all the documentation and how tos its there.
If the files are or not from FriedZombie, he ports for Gargoyle, but from this FTP I dont know.
Jimasek passed me this link, and can be found on Polish Tp-Link forum, he collaborates with them.

i have that setup with my wndr3700 -> wdr4900 it works without relayd just upnp is broken cause of it other than that it works fine

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
garthpen wrote:
I've just ordered one of these and will be loading openwrt to start, but would love to have DD-Wrt on it. Looks like a great little unit with 2 wan/lan ,USB and onboard power.

Looking forward to the release and thanks Sash. Really appreciate your efforts here. Very Happy

Do not expect DD-WRT for this device for months or even years. I donated a device in February and I asked Sash few weeks ago. He replied back the following:

"the rest is in brainslayers hands..but its often (not every time) very slow. there are still devices to be ported from 2 years ago."

Crying or Very sad
zigzig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 19:31    Post subject: Brainslayers hands Reply with quote
Well I don't know how anyone has time to get all this code done and donated, frankly. If the DD-WRT firmware for TP-Link's WRT-710N or 850RE does become available, that would be pretty neat. These things only cost $30-40 on Amazon and the net value with DD-WRT is really great.

Thanks to whoever puts in time.
oube
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine is TL-WR710N(US) v1.0. Really looking forward to a dd-wrt firmware.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
i just need the device. so far i dont have any

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am just about to buy one for my gf.
Would love to see dd-wrt running on:
TP-LINK TL-WR710N

Good luck with porting Smile
mittelhessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm thinking about buying an TL-WR710N or TL-WA850RE for using it as an (WDS-)Repeater for Linksys WRT54GL (with dd-wrt) on first time and using it as an access-point some time later (when the room will be wired).

TL-WA850RE is not be usable as access-point as long as dd-wrt isn't ported on it, but it has better technical specs for wifi (MIMO + better sensitivity). TL-WR710N will be usable as access-point with standard-firmware, but dd-wrt would be greatful for it.

My question is, if it is foreseeable, if any of these both devices will have an usable port for dd-wrt soon.
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
mittelhessen wrote:
My question is, if it is foreseeable, if any of these both devices will have an usable port for dd-wrt soon.

meanwhile you can load this.
850 its a very trouble device with Stock FW,and has been ported by Gargoyle, http://dl.eko.one.pl/gargoyle-pl/attitude_adjustment/ar71xx/
710 is 150Mbps a trouble device with stock too, read Adventures with the TP-Link TL-WR710N US v1.0
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=51388
841 Ver.8 might better solution and its DD-WRT ported

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi danymarc!

The advantages of the 710 & 850 are that they're very compact (plug-in devices) and very energy efficent. Of course there may by disadvantages in rf-performance but 850 seems to be a little better than 710. I can't verify this. :-/

My goal is that 710 and 850 will work as proprietary WDS (and not only in universal repeater mode) with dd-wrt on WRT54GL. With dd-wrt on them the probability that WDS will work increases (although TP-Link devices seems to be compatible too with stock firmware).
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
mittelhessen wrote:
(although TP-Link devices seems to be compatible too with stock firmware).

if this means 850 and 710 work with stock FW, take a Tour to TL forum and 850 is a winner of complaints

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
With stock firmware the 710 will be my favorite but i think both won't be so bad when the only have to work as repeater or access point. But the point is, that gargoyle is only available for 850 and not for 710 while dd-wrt isn't available for any of both yet. My decision would me much more easyer if there was an usable dd-wrt port for any of both. Smile
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to let you know:

I donated a brand new TL-WR710N back in February which is still at Sash. He is not capable to create a proper firmware which wouldn't be a problem. The problem is that he is simply not able to give the device to BrainSlayer who would do it in an hour. So we have been waiting for the support for month because of him.Rolling Eyes
mittelhessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds not so good! Has sash confirmed, that he has received your device properly? February is now a half year gone. Have you BrainSlayer already contacted so that he could contact sash?
Oliverda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
mittelhessen wrote:
Sounds not so good! Has sash confirmed, that he has received your device properly? February is now a half year gone. Have you BrainSlayer already contacted so that he could contact sash?

Yes, confirmed back in February. If you step back in this topic than you can see it here as well. Sash told me that the support only depends on BrainSlayer so I contacted him few weeks ago. He said that he didn't even know that I donated a device. After that I asked Sash to give the device to BrainSlayer but he still haven't done it despite the fact that he read that message.Sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 17
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: