is my Linksys e900 bricked? (Peacock results)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
iLac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 21:37    Post subject: is my Linksys e900 bricked? (Peacock results) Reply with quote
Hi,
I was desperate to get an e900 have a working PPTP client on recent K26 builds, but never succeeded (though ifconfig did show a vlan2 connection to my VPN server on newer builds, not on 21061). As the wifi was not working in these recent builds either, I was downgrading from beta to beta, backward in time. However, when I downgraded from dd-wrt.v24-23320_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e900 to dd-wrt.v24-23320_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e900, the router GUI did not come back online. (I was relatively patient here. Not patient enough to 30/30/30 all the time.)

So the thing is now unresponsive, even after many hard resets, 30/30/30s etc, though only the right LEDs light up at the right times. I thought there might be hope, I am connected following point 6 of the Peacock post. (E.g. a single wired connection between mac and router, manual IP and subnet, checking pings all throughout.) However, I don't see informative TTL responses to pings, I see things like this:

Ping has started…

ping: sendto: No route to host
ping: sendto: Host is down
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
Request timeout for icmp_seq 8

--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Of course, I cannot guarantee that I am on the same subnet as the router, but I have 192.168.1.8 and the router is supposed to have 192.168.1.1. The mac does perceive the Ethernet connection being 'down' when the router is powered down and Ethernet connection being connected when the router is powered on.

So, the question is: Is there hope, and what else can I do but the Peacock post?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try stock firmware with a windows machine. Peacock note 11.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
iLac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. I have no access to Windows, sadly. Also, it does not seem look like I could verify that the router is on 192.168.1.1 — can I?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you did a hard reset with ddwrt than your router is at 192.168.1.1, but you would have to get some response for tftp to work, all of which is explained in note 6. So is serial recovery. I thnk if you tried you could find a windows machine to use. Preferably win Xp.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
iLac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I did read note 6, many times. I am not sure why I saw no response. I mean, one guess is because the thing is bricked, but on the other hand, it does a few things as I tried to describe.

I cannot easily borrow a PC, esp. to install software. But thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: